Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Astra Perception/Projection and Windows
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
PatB
I don't remember where I saw this - When astrally perceiving or projecting, do you see through windows (car/building windows) or not ??

I'm looking for astral vision only (I know you can target a spell through a window using you 'meat' eyes, for example). If I remember correctly, a window is treated like a wall in the astral.
Ravor
Aye, as I remember the glass is treated as an Astral Shadow and thus you don't have LOS beyond it.
Medicineman
Sorry ,but Glas (wether tinted or not) blocks Astral Perception in SR4

JahtaHey
Medicineman
nezumi
In SR3, however (and I believe all editions prior), non-tinted glass does NOT block astral 'vision'. As a result, 90% of all windows are tinted, including on all apartments and vehicles. The only non-tinted windows will be interior windows, such as the observation room by an operating bay.
Thanee
Not the OS, but actual windows

rotfl.gif

Bye
Thanee
OneTrikPony
QUOTE (nezumi @ Oct 14 2009, 08:48 AM) *
In SR3, however (and I believe all editions prior), non-tinted glass does NOT block astral 'vision'. As a result, 90% of all windows are tinted, including on all apartments and vehicles. The only non-tinted windows will be interior windows, such as the observation room by an operating bay.

I was alway under the impression that, in any verson, glass was tinted or 'polarized' because normally glass doesn not block LOS on the physical plane. Thus allowing a mage to cast spells (like orgasm) while peeping into a lighted room from the bushes at night. biggrin.gif

Seriously though glass isn't tinted to block astral LOL because you have to occupy the same plane so you'd have to cast at an astral target.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012