Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possession Spirit and Plasteel Homunculus
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ryuujin
So I was working on a Possession Spirit for a game and was planning on picking up the plasteel homunculus but there were a few things I was unsure on.

What is the actual purchase cost of a plasteel homunculus? The only price I could find was based off the materials required for a homunculus that can hold a spirit up to a certain Force.

The stats for the Homunculus seem to be modified by Force, I assume that is only for summoned spirits as it seems to indicate that possession usually adds the spirit's stats to its host's. So which is it for the homunculus? And if it is adding the spirit's stats rather than its force what about for the damage, is that based off force or some other number?

How does regeneration effect a homunculus, or the healing spell/healing in general effect it?

For that matter how exactly do you determine what spirit powers are available to what traditions?
Ancient History
QUOTE (Ryuujin @ Oct 17 2009, 06:39 PM) *
What is the actual purchase cost of a plasteel homunculus? The only price I could find was based off the materials required for a homunculus that can hold a spirit up to a certain Force.

The cost of those materials, plus assembly, plus the reagents to make it a vessel. Assemble it yourself and save!

The stats for the Homunculus seem to be modified by Force, I assume that is only for summoned spirits as it seems to indicate that possession usually adds the spirit's stats to its host's. So which is it for the homunculus? And if it is adding the spirit's stats rather than its force what about for the damage, is that based off force or some other number?

A spirit that possesses a homunculus has the attributes as listed. If it's a Force 3 spirit and the homunculus entry for Strength says "F+8," then the possessed homunculus has a Strength of 11.

How does regeneration effect a homunculus, or the healing spell/healing in general effect it?

No spirit I can recall has Regeneration, so it's a moot point. Healing would work on a spirit while it's possessing a vessel.

For that matter how exactly do you determine what spirit powers are available to what traditions?

All spirits have basically the same powers dependent on their type, independent of the magician's tradition.
Ryuujin
Regeneration is listed as an option for Free Spirits powers on page 92 of Runner's Companion. I guess maybe I wasn't clear that I was talking about a Free Spirit. Since the rules for Free Spirits seem to indicate that their stats may be lower than their Force, at least for spirits above force 2, it seemed like that would effect the possesion stats.
pbangarth
Don't Plant Spirits also have Regeneration? Maybe as an Invoked Power?
Rotbart van Dainig
Only as a Great Form Power, yes.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Ryuujin @ Oct 17 2009, 02:40 PM) *
Regeneration is listed as an option for Free Spirits powers on page 92 of Runner's Companion. I guess maybe I wasn't clear that I was talking about a Free Spirit. Since the rules for Free Spirits seem to indicate that their stats may be lower than their Force, at least for spirits above force 2, it seemed like that would effect the possesion stats.

Greater Form Plant Spirits also get Regeneration...

And don't forget that a Spirits Force is what is used for Possession (Force plus possessed object/character base stats)... assuming that it is a possession tradition spirit that is... Most Free Spirits are not possession, but materialization, which is why they have actual stats... especially the Free Ones... Of course your mileage may vary...

And as a side note... most Free spirits are not Player Characters, so the stats lower than force is not the norm here (Most free spirits stats are equal to their force, in Astral Space anyway, when they go free)... if anything, the free spirit's stats will most likely be higher than its force if it raises stats consistently with its Karma that it harvests, acquires, bargains for, whatever. and manifested spirits base stats are related to thier intrinsic Force Rating...

Keep the Faith
Ryuujin
Hmm so are you saying that a Possession Free Spirit PC's physical stats do not matter when it is possessing a vessel, only its force?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Ryuujin @ Oct 18 2009, 12:43 PM) *
Hmm so are you saying that a Possession Free Spirit PC's physical stats do not matter when it is possessing a vessel, only its force?

That is how I would rule it, but that is just me probably... also, in Astral Space material stats mean nothing and you use the straight Force rating... but then again, that is just me...

Keep the Faith
pbangarth
QUOTE (Ryuujin @ Oct 18 2009, 02:43 PM) *

That is correct. In this respect, possession tradition spirits differ from materialization tradition spirits. In astral space, they all have F as their stats. In material space, spirits that materialize have their stats as listed in the critter descriptions. Possession tradition spirits add their F to the vessel's stats.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012