Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Physical and Stun Drain for Overcasting
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
cndblank
I heard this mentioned and wanted to ask how it works?

If I understand it right, if a magician overcasts they have to resist the drain twice. Once as Physical and once as Stun.

While most magicians can handle a few over castings (Lord knows my campaign's Dwarf Hermetic can especially with Edge in case of a bad roll), this would cause them to wear down just a little more when pushing the Mana. Give the other characters a chance to shine.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (cndblank @ Oct 19 2009, 06:46 PM) *
I heard this mentioned and wanted to ask how it works?

If I understand it right, if a magician overcasts they have to resist the drain twice. Once as Physical and once as Stun.

While most magicians can handle a few over castings (Lord knows my campaign's Dwarf Hermetic can especially with Edge in case of a bad roll), this would cause them to wear down just a little more when pushing the Mana. Give the other characters a chance to shine.

Not by RAW... If you are overcasting, the drain moves from the Stun Track to the Physical Track...

I do remember seeing a mention of this houserule somewhere though, and it seemed that you applied the drain to both tracks and resisted both... what a pain... Seriously gimps low powered mages, and does not hamper the high powered mages at all as they tend to have built for Drain capabilities... it would just slow the game down in my opinion due to the excessive rolling of dice...

Keep the Faith
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012