Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Few questions about cyber case mods
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
KCKitsune
OK everyone, here are a few questions about cyber case mods:

1. If you have an alpha grade cyber limb do you have to take an alpha grade case mod?
  2. Is it possible to embed RFID/micro sensors into a case mod?
  3. If you punch someone with a cyberhand that has a case mod, how much is it messed up by the punch?

Related to that final question... how much damage is there to cyber limbs if you punch/kick with them?
Stahlseele
Casemodding is purely cosmetic, nothing in stats does change.

1.) straight by the rules, i'd have to say yes i think.
2.) you can add rfid/micro stuff into the coffee that you drank, so sure, go ahead.
3.) as answered above, your damage does not change with case modding.

Cyberlimbs deal STR/2+3 Stun Damage i think.
But most people houserule it to be STR/2+3 Physical it seems.
But the limbs themselves take not Damage. At all.
Thanee
1) yes
2) yes
3a) it isnt
3b) none

Bye
Thanee
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 21 2009, 06:10 AM) *
Casemodding is purely cosmetic, nothing in stats does change.

1.) straight by the rules, i'd have to say yes i think.
2.) you can add rfid/micro stuff into the coffee that you drank, so sure, go ahead.
3.) as answered above, your damage does not change with case modding.

Cyberlimbs deal STR/2+3 Stun Damage i think.
But most people houserule it to be STR/2+3 Physical it seems.
But the limbs themselves take not Damage. At all.

What I meant by damage is this: I (the character) punch an elf in the face with my cyberhand and that dandelion eater had bone lacing or bone density augmentation, would I damage my cyberhand? Would having armor &/or body upgrades to the hand mitigate that damage?

As for the RFID sensors... I was asking if I could have a RFID microphone sensor (or Radio Signal Scanner or whatever) built into the case mod. Just wanting to be sure everyone here understood my question.

Now a related question: if I can get RFID sensors built into my cyber case mod, how many do you think should be allowed? 2 per hand, 4 per lower limb, & 6 per whole limb? Maybe more... maybe less?
Thanee
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Oct 21 2009, 04:19 PM) *
Just wanting to be sure everyone here understood my question.

I did. smile.gif

Now a related question: if I can get RFID sensors built into my cyber case mod, how many do you think should be allowed? 2 per hand, 4 per lower limb, & 6 per whole limb? Maybe more... maybe less?

There might actually be rules for that (capacity rules in general, but I recall something about installing regular gear in cyberlimbs, too).

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012