Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where can I find details on personafix/BTL chips in SR4?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Weaver95
Anyone got an index handy? I was pondering putting them into a developing plotline and want to check the details.
brennanhawkwood
According to the SR4A Master Index 'Personafix' is listed as being on pg. 259 of the SR4A book. That is a single paragraph in the section covering BTL chips in the Drugs and Brainbenders section of the Running the Shadows chapter.
Weaver95
QUOTE (brennanhawkwood @ Oct 21 2009, 03:17 PM) *
According to the SR4A Master Index 'Personafix' is listed as being on pg. 259 of the SR4A book. That is a single paragraph in the section covering BTL chips in the Drugs and Brainbenders section of the Running the Shadows chapter.

i'll check it out. thanks!
Red-ROM
to expand on this subject, what are the side effects/ downsides to being addicted to BTL's? the drugs have some clearly defined crashes and durations, but the same can't be said for a BTL chip.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
I would aslo check out Unwired when you get a chance... Pages 184 to 194 (Simsense Section of the Book)

Keep the Faith
Zormal
There aren't so many rules for BTLs, unfortunately. Unwired has some.

I made up some more a while back (link), if you want to expand on the rules.
Weaver95
most excellent work. thank you all for your help.

Basically, i'm wondering if a person could use personafix chips to build themselves a nice little 'instant' cult.
Zormal
Don't see why not smile.gif

Needs a pretty good GM to keep things balanced and interesting, but I can see that turning into a great story.
Weaver95
QUOTE (Zormal @ Oct 22 2009, 01:55 AM) *
Don't see why not smile.gif

Needs a pretty good GM to keep things balanced and interesting, but I can see that turning into a great story.

I know winternight used something similar to help keep their membership faithful to the cause. I don't see why someone couldn't reinvent the process...but I very much doubt they'd have it perfected.

So what I had in mind was a small group of people (a 'core' of perhaps 3 people) who use their resources and abilities to create a knockoff 'god chip'. a P-fix BTL that gives someone the feeling that they really are God's (or whomever) special little snowflakes and that their cult leader is the ultimate source of inspiration for their lives. It'd be a great way to ensure loyalty and turn people into instant and (largely) willing slaves. They jam that chip into street muscle, build a power base and use their instant cult to make some fast money before the BTL starts frying people's brains.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012