Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Surge negative quality help
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TeknoDragon
What kind of BP 'bonus' would a quadruped body-shape be worth? Not centaur-like, mind, but rather due to back, hip, and leg design, the afflicted must go on all fours. I'm thinking it'd have a BP value of -10 due to sheer inconvenience, as well as the social stigma that deformity would cause.

Thoughts?
Draco18s
Check to see what other SURGE qualities/critters grant/have no front limbs (cough, Naga) and see if you can determine a cost from that. 10 sounds about right, IMO (what's paraplegic? That's pretty close). Also see if you can find the cost for an extra set of limbs.
TeknoDragon
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Oct 21 2009, 10:19 PM) *
Check to see what other SURGE qualities/critters grant/have no front limbs (cough, Naga) and see if you can determine a cost from that. 10 sounds about right, IMO (what's paraplegic? That's pretty close). Also see if you can find the cost for an extra set of limbs.

Hrm, maybe this should be a two-tiered negative quality; one level for still having usable hands, one for not. With just two arms, the character couldn't manipulate or hold things while walking. With no hands at all, it'd be seriously limiting-- requiring cyberware to regain hands. Extra arms would alleviate the problems, but that's 15 BP per pair. Drones and spirits are two other ways to get around the handicap as well-- however, that is expending resources a normal, upright person wouldn't have to.

Incidentally, the character I have in mind to apply this to, is to closely resemble a human-sized sphinx. Who probably is sick of people asking if they do the riddle thing...
Draco18s
Hm. Extra arms being 15 bp, then "removing" a pair sounds about fair at 10 bp (5bp net cost to have an extra set of legs or other (possibly vestigial) limb, effectively).

If the limb maintains some level of manual dexterity, then I'd say it'd be worth less of a refund (becomes a "walk, or hold something" thing). BTW, new term for ya. This kind of critter is a faculative biped. smile.gif
Jhaiisiin
How about just the Deformity flaw? Just take it at the higher level.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012