Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gang inititiations
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Chrysalis
Greets,

What kinds of gang initiations could Halloweeners have in the 6th world?

Gain a few corners, make a sim-sense recording of raping a lone star officer, kill someone, make 50,000 nuyen in a week. Any further ideas?
Paul
Traditional gangs do a few things, sometimes a combination of these things:

• Jump In's-beatings by other gang members that either last for a defined period of time, or involve active members beating a recruit until they're satisfied. This can get really wild when drugs, and alcohol are added.
  • Feats: Some gangs require a pledge to do something for initiation. Kill someone, rob someone, rob and kill someone, this can also include cash or item donations.
  • Female pledges often are required to be raped until the male members are satisfied. This can sometimes result in not only death, or serious physical injury, but also disease.
  • Obviously all recruits need to be knowledgeable of gang history, culture, hand and arm signals, signs, symbols and colors, as well as rivals.

I imagine magic would add a whole new dimension to this, not to mention virtual reality.
Phatom
In the 3rd Companion the Halloweeners have two initiation rituals the first is the "Circle of Fire, in which the gangers build a fire around the recruit. The recruit remains in the middle of the fiery circle for about as long as Slash (the leader) remembers being in the burnign building during the Renraku attack about 5- 10 minutes. The second is to break in to a corp office and bring something back as proof.

There are a few other gangs listed near the back of the book as well.
darune
Go-gangers also could have an initiation ritual involving driving some other vehicle off the road with their bikes. Not neccesarily crashing the other vehicle though, making the other vehicle pull over should suffice.
Hagga
They used to do bombings of corp buildings. Or was that the Red Hot Nukes?

While we're on the topic of the Halloweeners (pardon my blatant digression), does anyone else look at the current leader and think "False Life"?
Chrysalis
QUOTE (Phatom @ Oct 23 2009, 06:53 AM) *
In the 3rd Companion the Halloweeners have two initiation rituals the first is the "Circle of Fire, in which the gangers build a fire around the recruit. The recruit remains in the middle of the fiery circle for about as long as Slash (the leader) remembers being in the burnign building during the Renraku attack about 5- 10 minutes. The second is to break in to a corp office and bring something back as proof.

There are a few other gangs listed near the back of the book as well.

*picks out a red stapler off of the desk* "Somehow when they said initiation, I did not think it would involve breaking into buildings to steal office supplies."
Screaming Eagle
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Oct 23 2009, 08:56 AM) *
*picks out a red stapler off of the desk* "Somehow when they said initiation, I did not think it would involve breaking into buildings to steal office supplies."

"But my stapler."

(next day the place is burned to the ground by an employee pushed too far... the gang all assumes it was you and you get free beer for the next month)
Phatom
QUOTE (darune @ Oct 23 2009, 03:19 AM) *
Go-gangers also could have an initiation ritual involving driving some other vehicle off the road with their bikes. Not neccesarily crashing the other vehicle though, making the other vehicle pull over should suffice.

Ya that was the Red Hot Nukes they was the gang of all dwarf adepts they had the best initiation ritual ^_^ the recrute had to disarm a bomb made by the leader and failure was not realy a good idea smokin.gif
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (Screaming Eagle @ Oct 23 2009, 12:44 PM) *
"But my stapler."

(next day the place is burned to the ground by an employee pushed too far... the gang all assumes it was you and you get free beer for the next month)

LOL! I've just seen this movie again this week.
"Bob, let me tell you about those TPS reports"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012