Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gene Therapy Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
tagz
Hey Dumpshock. Been lurking a while but I've got a question that I need a little help on.

I'm running a game and in it I had an area that the players went into that had a mana surge. I basically made up a list of crazy effects magic could have if they got a witches mark. I figured they'd be more conservative with spells, but well, one tried to get as many marks as he could. Long story short, one of the crazy effects I put on there was to turn the spell caster into a furry. Like a 1% chance to get that effect too lol.

Anyhow, I said that if he really didn't want to stay a furry-wolf-dwarf he could get gene therapy to reverse it. He played with it for a bit until he realized how easy it is to pick him out of a lineup. Question is, what kind of therapy should I use?

Both Corrective Therapy and Transgenic Alterations - Animal Features from Augmentation both sound like they could fit the bill. I'm just not sure which to use. Corrective doesn't seem right since this is now his natural makeup, and Alterations seems wrong because I'm not adding those features, I'm removing them.

Any advice?
Ancient History
Phenotype adjustment. What you did to him is basically SURGE (SUdden Recessive Genetic Expression), so phenotype adjustment should do the trick to reverse the cosmetic effects.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Oct 25 2009, 06:39 PM) *
Phenotype adjustment. What you did to him is basically SURGE (SUdden Recessive Genetic Expression), so phenotype adjustment should do the trick to reverse the cosmetic effects.

Yeah, Gotta Agree with Ancient History here... it does seem like Phenotype Adjustment will do the Trick...

Keep the Faith
QUOTE (tagz @ Oct 25 2009, 11:34 PM) *
Both Corrective Therapy and Transgenic Alterations - Animal Features from Augmentation both sound like they could fit the bill. I'm just not sure which to use. Corrective doesn't seem right since this is now his natural makeup, and Alterations seems wrong because I'm not adding those features, I'm removing them.

I would personally use Cellular Repair, from Augmentation, Page 88, since he's having his genetic makeup returned to a previous state, prior to some other alteration. This requires, however, that he's still got some of his original DNA lying around viable somewhere. While you could use one of the Phenotype Adjustments [probably Phenotypic Alteration, Augmentation, Page 89], this costs a tremendous amount of money, and a bit of essence, as well. Depends on how bad you want him to pay for seeking this out in the first place. wink.gif
tagz
Thanks guys. I'm going with the Phenotype Adjustment.

I figure I can allow him to take the Revitalization at the same time with drastically reduced cost.

I think that's fair. He's got to pay since he brought it on himself, but discount for me being a jerk and putting it on the list in the first place.

Thanks for the help.
D.apaxy
Hi,

We are currently using Helm and Serv-U and we are unhappy with Serv-Us performance. Weve tested out Gene6 on our testing server and really like it. My question is if we purchase a Gene6 license and the installation service, will you be able to migrate us from Serv-U?

Thanks
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (D.apaxy @ Oct 26 2009, 03:36 PM) *
Hi,

We are currently using Helm and Serv-U and we are unhappy with Serv-Us performance. Weve tested out Gene6 on our testing server and really like it. My question is if we purchase a Gene6 license and the installation service, will you be able to migrate us from Serv-U?

Thanks

What?

Keep the Faith
Ravor
Beats me, wrong website maybe and didn't bother reading anything other then the thread's title?
Faradon
Nah, that's a spambot... check out the other 2 posts "she" made.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012