So I've been cruising the boards trying to ensure that my understanding of the Melee rules was up to snuff for the TWF-Escrima Adept I've built and I've come across a number of oddities.

It seems almost universally accepted here that Weapon Foci add their bonus dice to Parry attempts. Now I had a good look at the rules while I was building this character, 'cos Karoline seems to be a bit of a stickler, and I can find absolutely no support for such a position. The text clearly indicates that you get extra dice when you attack with the focus.

Being as I've been playing SR since the beginning, like many of you, that flew in the face of my expectations but that's what the rules say, it doesn't really change game balance much, everybody is playing by the same rules after all, so I didn't pay it any attention. Plus it saved me having to buy a second Focus for my off hand... grinbig.gif

It does strike me as odd, however, that I can't find any mention of this discrepancy on DS. Many of you will pick up on the slightest semantic excuse to make a point, as will I, and that nobody has noticed this seems inconceivable.

I also couldn't find any debate about the use of the Escrima Damaging Disarm on Unarmed opponents. Seems like a no brainer to me that a damaging disarm applied to an opponent using a natural weapon is just as effective, certainly causing damage if not incapacitating the 'weapon' disarmed but I am surprised not to find any mention of it here.