Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: real life bust-a-move drone?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Night Jackal
Hmm they even mention modding it with claws....well not them doing but someone else. Struck me as funny.
hobgoblin
yea, the page has a good sense of humor, without being assholes like engadget...
Vittek
Sorry, I've seen much better jumps. I hope everyone has seen Big Dog by now.
hobgoblin
heh, they have improved on that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67CUudkjEG4
Vittek
Oh yes, I didn't post that one only because they haven't shown it jumping yet smile.gif Wonder if they have had any success, at least jumping on the site.

EDIT: Actually, I don't really think it's an improvement... they are two separate products. Bid Dog should be used to carry around stuff for the military during operations. A two-legged drone would be able to carry a much lighter weight, so it's not an improvement on that purpose.
hobgoblin
well its a improvement in the walking department, as it can handle being unbalanced in a two legged move, vs 4 legs as the big dog has...

either is mostly tech demos, with the big dogs gear carrying possibility mostly a pr sell to DARPA and other investors...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012