Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hammer Pants
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kagetenshi
Background research

So I was considering how to model armored Hammer Pants in Shadowrun. The obvious route is to make them a variant of the Rapid Transit line, but I was wondering if the bagginess might give a reason to give a conceal bonus to gear worn around the hip/thigh area.

Thoughts?

~J
WyldKnight
You sir have made my day.

I would think it should but it would be pretty suspicious wouldn't it?
Dreadlord
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Oct 31 2009, 11:29 AM) *
Background research

So I was considering how to model armored Hammer Pants in Shadowrun. The obvious route is to make them a variant of the Rapid Transit line, but I was wondering if the bagginess might give a reason to give a conceal bonus to gear worn around the hip/thigh area.

Thoughts?

~J

Maybe a Dodge bonus if you say "Can't touch this!" and start sliding right and left? wink.gif
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (WyldKnight @ Oct 31 2009, 11:33 AM) *
I would think it should but it would be pretty suspicious wouldn't it?

Who would be suspicious of someone in Hammer Pants?

~J
WyldKnight
Well I guess it depends on where you are.

The same person who would be suspicious if someone dressed a clown walked into the room and acted like nothing was off. Then again in a world of oddities he/she may fit in just fine.

Maybe the pants could also be a small personal parachute. Not a completely working one but it would give you bonus dice when you fall from high places.
ShadowPavement
QUOTE (Dreadlord @ Oct 31 2009, 04:52 PM) *
Maybe a Dodge bonus if you say "Can't touch this!" and start sliding right and left? wink.gif

That, sir, just broke me!
Drraagh
QUOTE (Dreadlord @ Oct 31 2009, 10:52 AM) *

Seems a little... 'shifty'... to me. ;P
PBTHHHHT
In a world with Trolls, Orks, surged folks, cyberwear (especially the satyr legs, balance tails, or shiny shiny chromed heads or armr), oh yes and lots of synthleathers and how many characters wear longcoats?

I wouldn't even raise an eyebrow at hammer pants, unless it was at a black tie gala or in a corporate boardroom meeting.
TheOOB
Our group has always had a joke. When you make a fashion roll to go well dressed to an event, if you get very high or very low you are wearing the same thing: hammer pants.

The difference is that high rolls make hammer pants a new fad.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (TheOOB @ Oct 31 2009, 04:54 PM) *
Our group has always had a joke. When you make a fashion roll to go well dressed to an event, if you get very high or very low you are wearing the same thing: hammer pants.

The difference is that high rolls make hammer pants a new fad.

Creepy...

Keep the Faith
ShadowPavement
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Nov 1 2009, 02:14 AM) *
Creepy...

No, this is creepy

Hammer Time Mob Dance
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (ShadowPavement @ Oct 31 2009, 07:57 PM) *
No, this is creepy

Hammer Time Mob Dance

Wow.... Just Wow...

Keep the Faith
hobgoblin
are hammer pants a variation on hammer space? silly.gif
Neraph
QUOTE (Dreadlord @ Oct 31 2009, 09:52 AM) *

It's called "The Typewriter."
Cardul
QUOTE (Neraph @ Nov 1 2009, 10:30 AM) *
It's called "The Typewriter."

What about the Mashed Potato and the Twist?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
Now we are getting silly...

Keep the Faith
Phatom
Could be worse my school had a official dance and you had to learn it sadly it was the Jitter Bug.The idea of something like the Hammer pants being in style would be possible look at bell bottoms in some areas they was back for a time again only under another name. As to what you could hide in them well most hand guns, knifes and a few swords could be easy to hide in side them there just that damn poofy nyahnyah.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Phatom @ Nov 1 2009, 12:42 PM) *
Could be worse my school had a official dance and you had to learn it sadly it was the Jitter Bug.The idea of something like the Hammer pants being in style would be possible look at bell bottoms in some areas they was back for a time again only under another name. As to what you could hide in them well most hand guns, knifes and a few swords could be easy to hide in side them there just that damn poofy nyahnyah.gif

Poofy is your friend for hiding things... not so much for actually getting those things out in a hurry though... poofy tends to get in the way a lot then...

Keep the Faith
Method
This thread is an abomination. Purification by fire is the only way now...
Corgak
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 1 2009, 03:26 PM) *

STOP!

HAMMERTIME!
erik
what about armored Gob Bluth Hot Cops tearaway pants?
Cardul
QUOTE (Corgak @ Nov 1 2009, 09:06 PM) *
STOP!

HAMMERTIME!

Where is the hidden deployment Warhammer? Oh..wait..sorry...wrong game! wink.gif
Neraph
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 1 2009, 03:26 PM) *

For the Emperor! I am the Hammer! I am the tip of his spear! I am the mail about his fist!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012