Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: enhanced articulation
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Red-ROM
I was trying to make sure i understand this correctly, it says +1 to all PHYSICAL SKILLS, linked to PHYSICAL attributes. does this mean, no combat skills, and no skills linked to intuition?
is it worth 12 BP's? I'm making a generalist, and need all the wide spread bonuses I can handle, but this is enough build points to up an attribute like agility for neigh the same effect.
Dakka Dakka
You are correct on the skills and I'd say it is not worth it, but YMMV.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
I have always liked the bonus that it applies... but not as a first choice, because it IS so expensive...

Keep the Faith
Glyph
Enhanced articulation isn't usually as good as muscle toner, but it is worth picking up if you have a lot of physical skills (gymnastics, climbing, running, infiltration, escape artist, etc.). Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Glyph @ Oct 31 2009, 01:39 PM) *
Enhanced articulation isn't usually as good as muscle toner, but it is worth picking up if you have a lot of physical skills (gymnastics, climbing, running, infiltration, escape artist, etc.). Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

Yeah, I agree with Glyph here... Enhanced Articulation is probably not your first choice...

Keep the Faith
Red-ROM
yea, i got excited after the encephelon. but this is definately not as good
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Oct 31 2009, 02:17 PM) *
yea, i got excited after the encephelon. but this is definately not as good

It is not a bad piece of equipment, it just has more limited applications than it did in previous editions is all... it still rocks for adding that +1 DP mod to a large group of skills...

Keep the Faith
Red-ROM
yea, i feel like it was a given in SR3 to have it.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Oct 31 2009, 07:40 PM) *
yea, i feel like it was a given in SR3 to have it.

It was indeed nicer...

Keep the Faith
Traul
Enhanced articulation :

0.3 Essence, 40000Y
Boosts the Athletics group, Inflitration, Escape Artist, Diving and Parachuting

Synthacardium and 2 reflex recorders :

0.3 Essence, 30000Y
Boosts the Athletics group, Infiltration and Escape Artist.

You pay 10000Y to boost the unlikely Diving and Parachuting skills. Even for an infiltrator type who gets the most out of it, enhanced articulation falls behind. It is still a reasonable second choice for him if he wants to specialize, though.

For your generalist, it should be OK to just take the synthacardium, drop Escape artist and count on your augmented agility for Infiltration.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Traul @ Oct 31 2009, 08:24 PM) *
Enhanced articulation :

0.3 Essence, 40000Y
Boosts the Athletics group, Inflitration, Escape Artist, Diving and Parachuting

Synthacardium and 2 reflex recorders :

0.3 Essence, 30000Y
Boosts the Athletics group, Infiltration and Escape Artist.

You pay 10000Y to boost the unlikely Diving and Parachuting skills. Even for an infiltrator type who gets the most out of it, enhanced articulation falls behind. It is still a reasonable second choice for him if he wants to specialize, though.

For your generalist, it should be OK to just take the synthacardium, drop Escape artist and count on your augmented agility for Infiltration.

Interesting Comparison...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012