Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Armagetdon
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TBRMInsanity
I recently got the RPG Eclipse Phase and it has given me some ideas for SR. First was when I was reading about the TITANs (true AI that bring about the near extinction of the human race in Eclipse Phase and leave the Earth a wasteland hell filled with unimaginable mechanical horrors). There is always the presence of the Horrors in SR but with the Matrix being reborn and AIs now given an unrestricted access to more information (that has less monitoring then the Matix 1.0), they could turn into a TITAN like threat that could bring about the destruction of Metahumanity.
Second was how EP does character creation. You choose a Background and then a Faction, I think this could be adapted to SR by having character choose a Background and Race. This seems to lead to a more story based character creation that I always prefered over just a system driven character creation (that IMHO tends to lead to Min Maxing and Munchkinism).
Traul
QUOTE (TBRMInsanity @ Nov 4 2009, 06:52 PM) *
I think this could be adapted to SR by having character choose a Background and Race. This seems to lead to a more story based character creation that I always prefered over just a system driven character creation (that IMHO tends to lead to Min Maxing and Munchkinism).

I actually like the 100% point based system. It fits the selfish sprawl spirit well. You are not defined as a member of any group, but as an individual. With Wired reflexes 2 and Muscle Toner 2.
WyldKnight
I think the organization Firewall could easily be adapted into SR. I've been tinkering with the idea of a covert organization who's purpose is to protect metahumanity from threats it doesn't need to know about or can't understand. If a group like this popped up in cannon it would most likely be led by an Immortal Elf but after seeing so many important people suddenly say "Hey I've got pointy ears too!" I'm going to make it a troll for kicks n giggles not to mention the fact that I don't see enough of them as leaders. Maybe make it something even less likely, perhaps a naga or pixie?

I really enjoy EP and it is quickly becoming my preferred system besides SR. The character creation really is cool and on the subject of EP/SR mixing my group has basically been turning it into the 8th world and its turning out great. We kept the Psi but had to figure out a way to balance it with magic since usually implants limit magic. What we have basically come down to is that a mage cannot use his magic when getting a new body unless uploaded into a new body created from his own. We basically broke the rules in saying they found the magus gene but it cannot be grafted into other people because it is activated by its native ego as in the person the power belongs to. We weakened it a bit which was a logical step considering the lack of life in most places. Psi is a much more subtle power in comparison and in going with that subtly we have been adding a few new powers here and there to even things out while taking away some spells like mind probe which we leave to the Psi world. Implants is the part thats stumping us and were trying to figure out essence scores for each one. TMs will be much easier after we finish the magic though I expect it to have its own issues.
kzt
Nah, do the Batman Begins trick. The real leader isn't the guy everyone thinks is the leader, it's the second or 3rd assistant.
WyldKnight
Or better yet its the butler. A little cliche sure but I have a soft spot in my heart for badass butlers.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (WyldKnight @ Nov 4 2009, 01:52 PM) *
Or better yet its the butler. A little cliche sure but I have a soft spot in my heart for badass butlers.

offtopic... reminds me of this one comic I read recently... pvponline in which lolbat happens to be the... butler.
http://www.pvponline.com/2009/10/23/upstairs-downstairs/

anyway, not a big fan of that storyline, but that part was interesting.
WyldKnight
So....the leader of Firewall is lolbat?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012