Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wordman's Shadowrun auctions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Wordman
As mentioned in another thread, I'm selling most of my SR stuff. It's probably as close to a complete collection of 1st, 2nd and 3rd edition stuff that you are likely to see any time soon. One auction contains all SR books. Another contains the KaGe and Shadowlands fanzines.
Screaming Eagle
U.S buyers only... le sigh...
Wordman
QUOTE (Screaming Eagle @ Nov 5 2009, 06:19 PM) *
U.S buyers only... le sigh...

This is largely because I've had horrible luck with international shipping. If you are more optimistic about the notion, we'll see what we can do.
BlueMax
As my wife is the one in control of the account, my bids will not be in until after work. I hope you get a high final price as its an amazing collection. (or pair of collections).

BlueMax
tete
agree I've probably spent $300 rebuilding my collection back so far and its not as in good of shape or as complete as yours
Not of this World
Wow, Sigh. That is a NICE collection.

Unfortunately my economic situation doesn't really do well for me being a competitive bidder, but best of luck and congratulations to whoever the winner is.
Ayeohx
Man, nice collection. I'm impressed by the condition rundown you gave. I'm a bit surprised that I didn't find "Nacho cheese stains" or "Mountain Dew damages" in your notes listing.

The "9 days to go" was a bit shocking. Didn't even know you could go that long on Ebay. At $66 already this auctions probably going to get you some decent cash. Good luck bro!

Edit: Also, considering the history of "FASA Glue" you've taken really good care of your collection. Had to treat the damn things like ancient papyrus or the glossy pages would fall out.
Sir_Psycho
My SR3 manual has that problem, where the sample characters and colour pictures all fall out.
BlueMax
If you think FASA glue was bad, try your hand on some late 80's books from Games Workshop.

/bitterly

BlueMax
Wordman
QUOTE (Ayeohx @ Nov 6 2009, 01:46 AM) *
I'm a bit surprised that I didn't find "Nacho cheese stains" or "Mountain Dew damages" in your notes listing.

Yeah, I tend to take pretty good care of my books. I think some of that comes from very early in my role-playing career (like, late 1970's) lending my friend my 1st Edition DMG and getting it back totally obliterated. Not cool. The one SR exception to protecting my books is my 1st Edition softcover, which is so mutilated that I didn't even include it in the auction.
Lordmalachdrim
Damn. I wish it wasn't a month before Christmas or I'd be jumping on that collection.
Thanee
Heh. Considering I have 90% of those books already, there is no point in bidding on such a huge bulk (and I'm not in the U.S. either).

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
QUOTE (Wordman @ Nov 5 2009, 07:32 PM) *
This is largely because I've had horrible luck with international shipping.

Really? I can't remember having a single bad experience yet, when it comes to buying from ebay.com (other than shipping costs being quite a bit higher than using european ebay). Usually the USPS flat rate shipping works very well. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Dr.Rockso
Man, I'd pay a pretty penny for a collection like that. You sure you aren't willing to reconsider the shipping restrictions? Canada isn't THAT far...
BlueMax
Fscking wife had Fscking yoga. Thank you for making the auction one of many days. I will harass her tonight.

BlueMax
kanislatrans
my wife caught me drooling over these...she said something about morticans or mortgage or something...so I'm assuming that we don't have the cash or she is threatening my life....however. I will pick up a couple of lottery tickets...who knows ....maybe the fates will give me a bit to bid on them...

Incredible collection by the way...
Stahlseele
ok, it still has more than 7 days to go, but it's only at 81$ right now? O.o
hell, even for 810$ it would probably still be a steal. For a collector at least.
Wordman
As long as they find a decent home, I'll be satisfied.
darthmord
I'm watching this and waiting for payday this week. Depending on the current bid by then will determine whether or not I jump in.
Thanee
As usual on ebay, you can expect the bid to go way higher during the last minute. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Stahlseele
if i were a US based collector, i'd probably simply try and slap either a 1 in front of the last bid or a 0 behind it.
Screaming Eagle
Doing both would not be entirly unreasonable (just WAY more then I can really afford). Many of these materials are practially impossible to find. I've seen only one collection better.
Thanee
That's just because we hide ours so well. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
MJBurrage
QUOTE (Screaming Eagle @ Nov 9 2009, 02:59 PM) *
Doing both would not be entirly unreasonable (just WAY more then I can really afford). Many of these materials are practially impossible to find. I've seen only one collection better.
QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 9 2009, 05:24 PM) *
That's just because we hide ours so well. wink.gif

Agreed, while many of those items are very rare on eBay, I just assumed it was because other Dumpshockers were also hoarding complete collections.

AFAIK, the only English language items I am still missing is the admission badge to Dunkelzahn's Wake (from one of the cons) and some of the rares from the CCG.

P.S. Anyone have one of those badges, and willing to part with it?
Thanee
BTW, kinda funny, that the magazine auction is actually at a higher price currently.

I mean, sure, they are hard to get, but those books are worth a weeeeee bit more still. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
MJBurrage
QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 11 2009, 07:48 AM) *
BTW, kinda funny, that the magazine auction is actually at a higher price currently.

I mean, sure, they are hard to get, but those books are worth a weeeeee bit more still. wink.gif

Does not surprise me at all, its all supply and demand, and the supply of KaGe and Shadowland is much much lower than the supply of any of the FASA books. You could also have people fighting over different issues. I bought almost a whole set of KaGe a few years back, just to get #11.
Thanee
Yeah, guess you are right there. And it's quite the complete package. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Cheshyr
So who won? I got outbid near the end.
Ayeohx
$405!

Not bad Wordman! I think it's time to sell off my stuff. Got a whole closet full of games that I'll never run again. Nice and depressing that.
darthmord
QUOTE (Cheshyr @ Nov 16 2009, 05:08 PM) *
So who won? I got outbid near the end.

You aren't the only one. I was winning the auction right up until the last few minutes.

Ah well. Hope whoever won it enjoys that collection.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012