Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Critical Strike Penetrating Strike etc. and Shock Gloves
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dakka Dakka
Do the various Unarmed Attack Enhancers like Critical Strike, Penetrating Strike etc. work with shock gloves?

I think they shouldn't but I can't find any rule forbidding this.

How about Martial Arts?
Thanee
I would also say no. Shock Gloves are weapons, they just use the Unarmed Combat skill, but are not really unarmed attacks.

But I don't think the rules are crystal-clear on that matter.

Bye
Thanee
hobgoblin
quote from http://www.shadowrun4.com/resources/faq.shtml

If you punch someone with shock gloves, do you inflict standard punching damage (STR/2) in addition to the glove's 6S DV? If you have gloves on both hands, can you attack with both and do 12S DV?

No, it's one or the other. You can choose to punch/kick/whatever and do regular unarmed damage, or you can choose to touch/punch and zap with the shock gloves, doing *only* the shock glove damage (not the unarmed damage too). Even with two gloves, the damage is still just 6S DV.

The upcoming Arsenal rulebook may feature rules for two-weapon melee.

as the shock gloves do not stack with normal unarmed combat damage, i suspect its fair to say it will not stack with magical damage either...
Neraph
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Nov 10 2009, 08:06 AM) *
quote from http://www.shadowrun4.com/resources/faq.shtml

as the shock gloves do not stack with normal unarmed combat damage, i suspect its fair to say it will not stack with magical damage either...

I agree with this. They're basically a stun baton that you wear on your hand, not a fist-enhancing object. As for Martial Arts helping with attacks - I guess it's up to which Martial Art is in question. A +DV to Unarmed would not, I think, help shock gloves, but I would allow a +Block or +Dice for Called Shots on unprotected area to work. Also, don't forget that the +2 Dicepool for Touch Attacks really helps out stun batons, and by extention, shock gloves.
PBTHHHHT
For balance issues I totally agree with the ruling. However, I do feel realistically that it would depend upon the design of the gloves.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012