Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Area Divinations in the Astral?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JaronK
So, if I have a mage with a quickened area detection spell (for example, F5 Extended Detect Enemies) what does that look like in the astral? Does it look like the mage has a F5 divination on him, or does it look like the entire 300 meter area has a Force 5 spell on it? What if I cast Clairvoyance? Note this is SR3.

JaronK
Pendaric
Well the way Id play this is to have the extended area spell be visible in the aura if the caster and the clarvoyance to have an astral sig at the location of the caster and the target area.
JaronK
They're both area divination senses though... why would they look terribly different?

JaronK
Kagetenshi
I'd have to look at references which I'm too tired to do right now to be sure, but in general these spells give an additional sense to the person they're cast on. Consequently, the spell is on the person, not on the area.

~J
JaronK
If so that would make the Clairvoyance spell a lot more useful, as it allows you to see through walls without actually leaving an astral sensor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012