Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ares Firewatch Teams?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Marcus
So 4th Edition stats for Firewatch teams?

All the info i can find amounts to, they use Alphas, they have Astral combat teams that hunt bugs spirits, they like Gun-Fu and thats about it.

Thanks Chummers,

-M cyber.gif
Sixgun_Sage
Due to the fluff... well, Ares Fire Watch are described as this super-elite organization that are the SEALS, Delta Force and more all rolled into one, I tend to build them as prime runners, usually superior, with the signature martial arts quality being fairly common, and where present heavilly developed, with all the best goodies Ares can give them that fit concept and type.
kzt
Sticking to the fluff, you have examples of firewatch team from almost as good as LS beat cops to what prime runners want to be when they grow up (for example, a mage with 8 levels of initiation - rocks fall you all die). I'd go with better to a lot better then your standard SWAT team, plus various spirits with magical guard and such covering them, but with heavy support from hackers, mages lending spirts, drones, etc. But there isn't any good example that I know of in SR4 stuff.
Xahn Borealis
Only seen the SR4 fluff, but based on their description (Only Ares guns like Alpha or Predators, Firefight, gun fu style), I'd expect a few to have simrigs. This sounds like the sort that Ares could make a lot of money selling sims of their ops. Buy Ares guns, use Ares martial art, be like Firewatch!
Sixgun_Sage
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Nov 12 2009, 11:41 AM) *
Only seen the SR4 fluff, but based on their description (Only Ares guns like Alpha or Predators, Firefight, gun fu style), I'd expect a few to have simrigs. This sounds like the sort that Ares could make a lot of money selling sims of their ops. Buy Ares guns, use Ares martial art, be like Firewatch!

Don't forget the video game tie-ins!
Nightfalke
QUOTE (Sixgun_Sage @ Nov 12 2009, 11:12 AM) *
Don't forget the video game tie-ins!

Wait wait...

Gears of War WASN'T about Firewatch in Chicago?
Sixgun_Sage
QUOTE (Nightfalke @ Nov 12 2009, 12:18 PM) *
Wait wait...

Gears of War WASN'T about Firewatch in Chicago?

Demo level, it is actually the game's "training levels".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012