Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Funny Stuff
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bushw4cker
I was just curious some of the funniest things you or someone you have gamed with have done in a Shadowrun
Example:
One of my players ended up being striped naked and tortured, after killing his captor, he was on a quest to find some clothes. He picks up a weapon that his captor had, then finds a credstick. I ask him, jokingly, how he planned to carry that credstick. He says "I'll use my hidden body compartment." After our group stops laughing another player says occ "You know you could have just like stuck it behind your ear, or held it in your other hand." He responds ooc "I just got done watching the complete OZ (HBO show about prison if your not familiar with it) series on DVD, I wasn't even thinking." I gave him an instant karma point.
EvilP
What my group did a few years back was that one of the characters had started with a slightly over the top amount of explosives at chargen.

On their second mission to steal gear from a transit he rigged the sewers to blow with kilos and kilos of high grade plastic explosives as a backup distraction.

Needless to say things went wrong and during their escape he engaged Operation Brown Storm, blowing up the sewers and putting toilets all over the city into reverse. This might not be 100% realistic, but we were all having a good laugh at the implications.
Sixgun_Sage
Killing hands makes all unarmed attacks lethal, when a female vampire seduced my character in one game and tried to sink fangs in, this allowed for a very interesting way of staking her.
remmus
QUOTE (Sixgun_Sage @ Nov 12 2009, 06:28 PM) *
Killing hands makes all unarmed attacks lethal, when a female vampire seduced my character in one game and tried to sink fangs in, this allowed for a very interesting way of staking her.

*thinks of Alucards love for finishing of vampires with his arm threw the heart in the Hellsing anime*

Nemrod
*thinks of Alucards love for finishing of vampires with his arm threw the heart in the Hellsing anime*

I dont think he meant his "arm"... but another appendage entirely.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Nemrod @ Nov 12 2009, 05:43 PM) *

That would require Exotic Melee Weapon Skill, surely?
Sixgun_Sage
QUOTE (Nemrod @ Nov 12 2009, 12:43 PM) *

You would be correct, hey, the Gm made a point of how the tight confines made punching or kicking ineffective and that I didn't have any weapons with me.
Dakka Dakka
Whatever you were thinking which appendage was used, how does the change from Stun to Physical Damage translate into piercing the heart? Blunt trauma is just as lethal as a sharp one, to humans at least and in SR even vampires are humans.
Sixgun_Sage
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Nov 12 2009, 12:53 PM) *
Whatever you were thinking which appendage was used, how does the change from Stun to Physical Damage translate into piercing the heart? Blunt trauma is just as lethal as a sharp one, to humans at least and in SR even vampires are humans.

When this was pointed out I pointed out the Allergy to wood, which netted me extra karma.
Dakka Dakka
lol
Sixgun_Sage
A moment that made my inner evil gm chuckle is when one of m y players said he was going to "pull the grenade and throw the pin" I asked him if he was sure, he said he was, then it dawned on him when I asked everyone for soak rolls.
Dakka Dakka
Good one we had a similar situation but (un)fortunately the player corrected himself when I asked if he was sure.
Sixgun_Sage
We've also had multiple issues with the spidersilk gland and players requesting special placement.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Sixgun_Sage @ Nov 12 2009, 06:21 PM) *
We've also had multiple issues with the spidersilk gland and players requesting special placement.

This.
Sixgun_Sage
Actually a player wanted the gland place in.... shall we say her character's extreme lower back, and a set of mandibles added to act as spinerets. When I said no, she tried to move said arrangement to the front and got a more emphatic no.
Ascalaphus
QUOTE (Sixgun_Sage @ Nov 12 2009, 07:07 PM) *
A moment that made my inner evil gm chuckle is when one of m y players said he was going to "pull the grenade and throw the pin" I asked him if he was sure, he said he was, then it dawned on him when I asked everyone for soak rolls.

It says right here "pull pin and throw"!
Bitten the Bug
As a GM of my group I had a very funny episode... Well, several, to be honest.
The players was about to enter an apartment in the Barrens, where their objective was taken hostage.. Well, they knocked down the door, threw in some flashbangs. Before the flashbangs goes boom, in charges the ork, whom is played by a very nice fellow, but a wee bit slow on the uptake.. And THEN the flashbangs went off. his character was stunned into the next week. rotfl.gif rotfl.gif
The player looked sort of goofy, when the military guys in my group told him about the use of flashbangs. What I thought was common knowledge, wasn't. He thought they just went flash and no bang... The rest of the group thought it was hilarious and ever since, if he gets a wee bit uppity, we remind him of the flashBANG incident. Very very funny. rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif
Since then his character changed his name into Flashbang. grinbig.gif

Or when I was a player and I had this character named Morgue. Fomorian female from the SAS. She had a twin brother, who really wanted her married to continue the family name. To him the runs was a means to an end. For Morgue they were life it self. Brother dearest had finally browbeated her sister into accepting his choice of husband. My gods, the roleplaying was intense and sooo much fun!! It was best roleplay ever.
They were supposed to meet in a church and start from there. Morgue sort of had a volatile temper, so did her brother. Scotsman, redhead and highlander, not to mention a stickler when it came to honor and what she percieved as an insult. The screaming arguments we had at the top of our lungs during a run, or after or the fights.
She goes to the church and then engage in combat on hallowed ground because some outclansmen thought it would be a good idea to rid the world of her brother and her. Suitor engages in combat and at the end, all she says as she looks at him: You have merely won the right to woo me... I choose whether or not you are worthy of being my husband. grinbig.gif
My fellow player/brother dunked his head into the table. Several times, then into the wall... Ohh, it was soo much fun. rotfl.gif
'Sconnie
QUOTE (Sixgun_Sage @ Nov 12 2009, 06:07 PM) *

Man that so made me think of Paranoia.
Henraldo
In the recent game I have been running our Melee Sam - Catdude - who had a strength of 9 and out other ranged Sam - Trigger - are trying to interrogate a junkie with a body of 1. The ranged Sam tries to intimidate by shooting his earlobe off. The Junkie is still keeping mum, because the PCs were looking for his brother. Then Catdude decides he will smack the Junkie around. Catdude is fully cybered up 9 strength with bone lacing and other gear that give his unarmed damage about 7P. Had he pulled his punch this wouldn't have happened. He rolls 13 or so dice to attack his pinned opponent, gets well over 10 successes. Junkie has one body. Junkie is dead. Even when he begged me to make it stun damage it still turned out that the junkie was dead. It was a memorable chapter in the many foibles of Catdude.
Shot
For some reason PCs assume a lot of things that cause most of the fun times in my games...Such as assuming their are safety nets on the side of the Flying airship. But the most fun comes out of just bad dice rolls. I had a poor Super Tank Troll roll 22 dice in body and armour and get no hits, thus knocking him out. Then the mage of the party thought it would be a great idea to levitate the poor troll to safety, but as it turns out trolls make excellent barriers against bullets.
Bushw4cker
Trickster shaman has had a feud going with the Physical adept of the group. Current Pranks include: Getting a hacker to put him on the Sexual Predators list, using illusion spell to make his shirt say "I hate Trogs!", Convincing airport security he's a drug mule. Sending Watcher spirits into the woman's restroom. Loading the Street Samurais clips with gel rounds. Telling the Sec Guards "We're Shadowrunners!", and using gratitious usage of Orgasm spell.
Dakka Dakka
Why hasn't the melee adept retaliated in a more physical way? Or simply left the group?
AngelisStorm
QUOTE (Bushw4cker @ Nov 13 2009, 03:14 AM) *
Trickster shaman has had a feud going with the Physical adept of the group. Current Pranks include: Getting a hacker to put him on the Sexual Predators list, using illusion spell to make his shirt say "I hate Trogs!", Convincing airport security he's a drug mule. Sending Watcher spirits into the woman's restroom. Loading the Street Samurais clips with gel rounds. Telling the Sec Guards "We're Shadowrunners!", and using gratitious usage of Orgasm spell.

QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Nov 13 2009, 03:20 AM) *
Why hasn't the melee adept retaliated in a more physical way? Or simply left the group?

Presumably he has a sense of humor?

*looks suspiciously at Bushwacker* What is the totem of said "Trickster" shaman? That is the make it or break it point for me.
Bitten the Bug
Raccoon?? The idol Trickster IIRC?
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (AngelisStorm @ Nov 13 2009, 09:32 AM) *
Presumably he has a sense of humor?
OOC I find those pranks funny as well but one and three are unprofessional and outright dangerous to the whole group. If one of my characters found out a teammate did something like that, he'd get a one-way ticket either to a new group or an unmarked grave dependig on temperament.
While the Mentor Spirit would explain such a behavior it does not mean the rest of the group has to tolerate this characters shennanigans.
djinni
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Nov 13 2009, 05:13 AM) *
While the Mentor Spirit would explain such a behavior it does not mean the rest of the group has to tolerate this characters shennanigans.

it depends if they are friends or if they are strangers.
but I find the blanket ultimatum statements like "a teammate did something like that, he'd get a one-way ticket" are usually done from an outside perspective and are not realistic. if that's your game it works for you smile.gif but most people like to have fun and laugh, and as long as in the end everything "works out" all is forgiven.
Dakka Dakka
Fun and laughs is good but ICly I doubt that many characters, who are at least morally grey, would stand a teammate that rats them out to the authorities, even for things they didn't do.
Prime Mover
The team arrives at the border via a backwoods road, Elf Sami gets out of the truck and gets a pair of wire cutters and returns to front of the truck. Everyone still in the truck watching him. He looks up at me and say's "I cut the fence." I reply "what fence?"
Prime Mover
Team lands at an out of the way airport, the enemy is closing in. Teams shaman drops to his hands and knees placing his palms on the tarmac. Looks at me and asks "whats the drain to make the world invisible?"
Molly Hayes
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Nov 13 2009, 09:54 AM) *
Team lands at an out of the way airport, the enemy is closing in. Teams shaman drops to his hands and knees placing his palms on the tarmac. Looks at me and asks "whats the drain to make the world invisible?"

Roll Willpower.
Molly Hayes
QUOTE (Bushw4cker @ Nov 13 2009, 02:14 AM) *

ICly, I'd kill him in his sleep, if the player made another character just like it I'd leave the group.
djinni
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Nov 13 2009, 10:31 AM) *
Fun and laughs is good but ICly I doubt that many characters, who are at least morally grey, would stand a teammate that rats them out to the authorities, even for things they didn't do.

then you would be surprised
Ravor
Meh, for me the difference between "hey we're friends" and not is whether or not the fragging glitch dies quickly or slowly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012