Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCC and Citizenship
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FlakJacket
Don't have access to the books at present so any help is appreciated. When the NAN formed, the various Nations had differing standards for what was classified as a 'Native American'. Some let in anyone with even a drop of Native ancestoral blood in whilst others were a lot stricter. What was the Pueblo Corporate Council's stance on this? Specifically for Mexicans/Latinos, what with Aztlan and them still being friends then.

Since then, anyone that buys a share is a citizen. Do any of the books say how regulated this is, or mention what the price of a share might be? I figure that SoNA probably should. Thanks.
CanvasBack
I think that Latinos were given a break by the NAN in general. PCC ended up being the most lenient towards anyone else IIRC. I'll have to dig out SoNA again but the nature of citizenship in the PCC is extremely different from anything inside or outside of the NAN.
Jon Szeto
QUOTE (FlakJacket)
What was the Pueblo Corporate Council's stance on this? Specifically for Mexicans/Latinos, what with Aztlan and them still being friends then.

It varied with the different Pueblo tribes, but generally speaking, fast and loose. (With the biggest ones, the Hopi and the Zuņi, being the fastest and loosest.) It would be very reasonable to think that the Pueblo (collectively speaking) would have "nativized" a whole lot of Mexicans and other Latinos despite some very dubious ethnic tracing.

Since then, anyone that buys a share is a citizen. Do any of the books say how regulated this is, or mention what the price of a share might be?

Anyone (Pueblo, Latino, or Anglo) who buys a residential share is a voting citizen. (There are two types: nonvoting preferred shares and voting residential shares.)

In theory, though.

In practice? Hard to say. Up until annexing LA there really hasn't been a major test of the system, but considering how the Anglo population in the PCC has jumped overnight since then, that theory may be put to the test.

IMHO, of course.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012