Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ammo cost & caseless
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
nylanfs
I'm modifying a gun for one of my players and I'm putting electronic firing on it. Wasn't there a cost increase on caseless ammo? Or am I remembering that from 1e & 2e?

Also as a side note anyone have a RL good example/image of a Colt Cobra TX-110?
Neraph
In SR4 caseless and cased ammo share the same costs.

And I don't have a pic for a Colt Cobra TX-110, sorry. I bet Kerenshara (IIRC) will have one though.
Karoline
QUOTE (Neraph @ Nov 16 2009, 09:22 PM) *
In SR4 caseless and cased ammo share the same costs.

And I don't have a pic for a Colt Cobra TX-110, sorry. I bet Kerenshara (IIRC) will have one though.

Heh, she has everything, doesn't she?

And yep, there is no cost distinction (or any other really) between caseless and cased ammo.
Neraph
I wouldn't say everything, but she definately is a gun-bunny/explosives major.
Zombayz
There's more than a few people on DS with plenty of pyrotechnic/explosive/firearms experience.
Ed_209a
If you meant the TZ-110, look here.

(No I don't know why it is inverted... MS Paint will flip it back though.)

Incidentally, I edited my personal copy so that it has a SMG-size magazine, not an rifle-size magazine, and I moved the ejection port so that it lines up with the magazine.
nylanfs
No I found that one, I was hoping for an actual gun image. And it's reversed because it's designed for a webpage that has a black background. smile.gif
Ed_209a
QUOTE (nylanfs @ Nov 17 2009, 07:49 PM) *
No I found that one, I was hoping for an actual gun image.

That'll be unlikely. The Cobra looks like a rifle caliber SMG, (which is uncommon today) and is in a bullpup format, (which is also uncommon today.)

The Israeli Tavor assault rifle is the closest real-world weapon I know, and it isn't that close.

Incidentally, on a whim I flipped the magazine and handgrip around to a normal configuration, and suddenly there is room for the parts to move.

I wonder if the art was initially in a standard layout, but FASA asked for it in bullpup layout, "because it is cooler".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012