Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Men in Black
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Moxie
Hello Dumpshock, newbie here and just thought this was a fun exercise in trying to make a triple threat.

She uses spirits of man to maintain a vehicle mask spell at any given time to appear as a Mai Otomo Drone (similar weight/size) to the motorcycle walker she's in. (new here, so tell me if this actually works with that I have, she'd use edge for some of the higher force stuff if need be).

[ Spoiler ]

I also have: 6290 leftover nuyen for weapons, and other items I might be missing. So please give me a heads up upsidedown.gif

Thanks in advance.
Ard3
Well do you know that your max Force for spells is 2? Limiting your hits to 2, unless you use Edge.
Meaning:
*Analyze Device and Fix can be used only on really simple objects most of the time. And sustaining gives -2 penalty to all so Analyze is guite useless.
*Increased Reflexed is limited to +1 IP
*Basic camera has Object Resistance of 3, so Vehicle Mask is useless against them.
Namelessjoe
analyze will get rid of the untrained penelity so at force 2 you effectivly gain a dice if your untrained in it

edit oh also the spirit of man can cast them for the pixie at higher then force 2 wink.gif

also im down with it its a neat concept smile.gif
Traul
QUOTE (Namelessjoe @ Nov 19 2009, 05:58 PM) *
edit oh also the spirit of man can cast them for the pixie at higher then force 2 wink.gif

No they can't: that character cannot conjure a spirit with Force higher than 2 and spirits may not overcast.
Namelessjoe
QUOTE (Traul @ Nov 19 2009, 10:34 AM) *
No they can't: that character cannot conjure a spirit with Force higher than 2 and spirits may not overcast.

oh my bad smile.gif...... maybe it was a house rule we used were your total magic capped your overcasting and summoning and inthis case with magic 1 for casting 2 on up would be overcasting or just how my brain interpeted the rule
Moxie
Ah, I thought power focus 4 took care of most of the Force problems. Adds +4 force to almost everything?

That way I can hit Force 6 with an overcast (and easily resist drain with 14 dice to it).
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Traul @ Nov 19 2009, 11:34 AM) *
...and spirits may not overcast.

Can you cite that reference, please? I don't think I've ever seen such a rule.
Traul
It is an SR4A change, in the description of the Spirit of Man.
http://shadowrun4.com/resources/sr4a/sr4a_changes.pdf
Moxie
Oh wow... that's bad for this build.

Well, thanks for the heads up... May as well try to fit my spellcasting focus back in then, least you can hit Force 5 to 6 then even with magic 1 which is decent.
Traul
No, foci only dice to your roll. The Force is still linked to your Magic.
Moxie
Wait, power focus 4 doesn't add to the force rating then? Basically start at 1, use focus to get 5 for example?
PirateChef
QUOTE (Moxie @ Nov 20 2009, 04:15 PM) *
Wait, power focus 4 doesn't add to the force rating then? Basically start at 1, use focus to get 5 for example?

Correct. Foci add dice, they do not actually increase your stats at all.

Edit: looked it up. Foci add their force in dice to tests. They do not actually increase stats at all.
Neraph
QUOTE (PirateChef @ Nov 20 2009, 02:53 PM) *
Correct. Foci add dice, they do not actually increase your stats at all.

Edit: looked it up. Foci add their force in dice to tests. They do not actually increase stats at all.

This is correct. I found that out the hard way trying to be super-cool with a nosferatu. Had to end up using my Essence Drain, 130 karma, and Ally Spirit (detailed in my signature) to be super-cool instead.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012