Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR4 Limited Edition - any proof of its existence ?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Professeur
Hello gang,
8 months ago I pre-ordered a copy of the Limited Edition. I still haven't received anything and my order is still listed as pending on the Battlecorps website. Worst of all, none of my emails get answered.

Anybody got a clue when we're supposed to see this thing ? Have I missed an annoucement or something ?
OneTrikPony
Um, I'm pretty sure every one else already has theirs.

Here's one on E-bay
http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-Shadowrun-4th-Edi...=item2a029bcdfb

haaaa! gotcha! guess I'm just in a cruel mood tonight. biggrin.gif
Have you tried Troy at this address? He was super cool when I bitched about not getting my Eclipsephase pre order. I'm sure if he has it he can get it to you. You have to mail him a kitkat first tho.
quartermaster@catalystgamelabs.com
Jericho Alar
QUOTE (Professeur @ Nov 18 2009, 06:33 PM) *
Hello gang,
8 months ago I pre-ordered a copy of the Limited Edition. I still haven't received anything and my order is still listed as pending on the Battlecorps website. Worst of all, none of my emails get answered.

Anybody got a clue when we're supposed to see this thing ? Have I missed an annoucement or something ?

Gotta be careful talking about limited edition print runs around here =P there's been several.

The eBay link above is for a limited edition print of the original SR4 core book; it looks like you've pre-ordered a limited edition print of the anniversary core book.

I'd guess that they're not shipping yet; this doesn't *really* surprise me, but if you were concerned about it you could contact catalyst at contact@catalystgamelabs.com and ask if they've started shipping yet. Nice to see there's 2000 of them this time instead of only 1000..

hoping they're black leatherette like the last few have been, I'd love if it they continue to match on my shelf..
Paul
Don't feel bad road dawg, I'm hanging in there waiting for my copy as well.
Paul
Don't feel bad road dawg, I'm hanging in there waiting for my copy as well.
NPCMook
This is the email I received when I had asked about my Limited edition Copy of SR4A

The Limited Edition of the 20th Anniversary Edition of SR4 has been delayed. We expect it to street around the end of this year or sooner. We do not yet have a set date for it's release. We had some time constraints and had to choose between getting the Limited or the Standard Edition out. We chose to get the Standard Edition out first so we can get more people into this most awesome universe. Thank you,

Troy Garner
Fixer
Cardul
Twitter regarding it:

Still working on arrangements with the printer. [Read: David banging his head on desk.] --AJ

So...in theory, we should get it when DSG breaks through the desk with his head!
Fuchs
Yeah, I haven't yet received my copy either.
Thanee
It's out! grinbig.gif

Ok, at least the german one wink.gif

Not sure, if Pegasus (the german SR publisher) made up the design (it looks quite cool), or made it similar to the one Catalyst is trying to get printed.

The price tag for that book is pretty ridiculous, though... €100 that's about $150!

Bye
Thanee

P.S. Looking at the german webshop I just stumbled over this upcoming dice set. Nice! smile.gif Does Catalyst also produce SR specific dice sets? Havn't heard of them, yet.
Blade
The French one is out too, and it's cheaper than the German! (75€). I've got number 40/500.
But the contents are the same as in the standard edition.
Thanee
Nice! smile.gif It also looks completely different (more the typical SR black book style, not the metallic-blueish style the german book has).

Bye
Thanee
Karoline
Wow, the french one looks really similar to the cover for my art notebooks, they have that exact same textured look/feel to them, and are even black too. I think I like that better than the German one. The metallic blue just doesn't say "Shadowrunner" to me so much as... I don't know "Shoot them till they're dead" or something.
Thanee
I suppose they were going for a "chrome" look or somesuch. smile.gif

The german SR books all look quite different to the ones from Catalyst.

Bye
Thanee
MYST1C
QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 19 2009, 11:50 AM) *
Not sure, if Pegasus (the german SR publisher) made up the design (it looks quite cool), or made it similar to the one Catalyst is trying to get printed.

The price tag for that book is pretty ridiculous, though... €100 that's about $150!

In case anyone's wondering:
The German limited edition differs from the regular one in the following details:
  • silvery-blue cover with embossed "snake" logo
  • printed on special high-quality paper
  • contains one additional exclusive short story by André Wiesler (quite well-known German RPG and novel writer)

Murrdox
I'm going crazy waiting for the Limited Edition.

Everytime the post office guy comes into my office with something larger than an envelope in his hands for me, my heart skips a beat. "Oh!! Is the limited edition finally here? No... it's just a box of software that I need to update on the servers."

I'm hoping I have it by Christmas at this point.
MYST1C
QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 19 2009, 04:17 PM) *
The german SR books all look quite different to the ones from Catalyst.

silva
Cool covers. Better than the american ones, IMHO.
Murrdox
Wow, those covers are slick!

Sorry Catalyst, but the cover art in the US books just isn't that hot on some covers.

I find the cover art for "Arsenal", "Ghost Cartels", and "Unwired" to be particularly bad.

Arsenal and Ghost Cartels are just ugly IMO. Unwired is a really cool cover... but something in the art strikes me as being... out of perspective? I don't know how to describe it, but something about it LOOKS wrong. Other than that it's a really cool art concept and maybe could have used a couple of more drafts.

However, Catalyst, I'll give you credit where credit is due.

LOVE the art cover for Seattle, SR4, SR4A, Augmentation, Street Magic, Corporate Enclaves, Runner Havens.

I think Street Magic is probably one of my favorite covers, followed by the SR4A.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012