Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Its all about the Nuyen
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Trigger
Hey guys, sorry I have been away for so long. I had emergency family and work issues that pulled me away from everything, but I am back now. I will read through the posts and hopefully get a new post up today.
zed
The bridge is a fairly enclosed structure, remaining pretty much the same since it was built.

http://wirednewyork.com/bridges/queensborough_bridge/

The house sits on a small cull-de-sac in a fairly affluent area comprising mostly NYPD and low level corporate types. Many with families. the cull-de-sac adjoins a major through road. (Park terrace west has been remodelled into a major road with lots of 3 and 4 house cull de sacs set off it to provide more intimacy and privacy for these upcoming execs)

The house itself is about 5 years old, plans available on the Matrix show it to be set up like this:

http://www.tratonhomes.com/uploads/floorplans/150.pdf

The security systems covers all major entrance ways and downstairs windows. With camera feeds in the upstairs hallway, as well as the Family room, Garage, foyer and the outside front door.

There are 4 houses of a similar kind in the small cull de sac. No visible cars outside.

(Apologies-everytime i tried to pull this information off for you i got caught up in problems with work.)
DireRadiant
Zed, what do you need from us for the next step?
zed
Get me to the approach on the house including a time point. Then a quick how your doing it in OOC and ill pick up and set the ball rolling at that point.

BlackHat
Will thread 3 hits to raise Stealth, just in case someone is online when Scorch logs in.

Will buy 3 hits looking around the node, and make sure nothing is out of the ordinary. Will also (re)establish a wireless feed of the security cameras to anyone on the team who is interested. Depending on how close we are to the time where the next login is "scheduled" we may use at as our timer for when to launch the attack. Otherwise, Scorch might just manage the locks and other security features once the team is in position. As far as a plan, I think we're going to pretty much need to clear the building. If possible, Scorch will point out which room the ladies are being held in (you mentioned seeing that before, but your last post didn't put any bedroom cameras, so are they in the family room, or jsut off-camera?).

The first question is whether or not anyone else is online. If so, Scorch will probably have to handle them first, but would want to wait until the team is in position, to avoid alerting anyone else. If not, he can throw up one of his nasty data-bombs to keep anyone else from logging in and itnerrupting him. He would then want to check if there any automated security features (like an automatic AR notification if someone approaches the front door) in place. After that, if he can identify the location of the family members, or not as many of the locations of the guards as possible until the team gets into position.

Once everyone is ready to enter, I think he can unlock whatever entrance they want to use (whatever is closest to the targets) and do his best to warn them about people waiting around corners, etc. I don't think we NEED to clear the building, but it would probably be a good idea if these guys don't put up too much of a fight. For all we know, we'll find the Johnson tied up in the basement or something, and we won't get a second-chance at this place.
Jimson
Not sure where the house and dock are in relation to each other, but before heading to the house Yaj would have requested a quick stop by his boat. He's didn't come to the meeting too well equipped. I thought I mentioned this either in the OOC, or the IC conversation, but re-reading it, it looks like I didn't directly say I need to stop by my boat.
Foxx
Dakka will be offering his ride for the mission to rescuing the family. He'll also be provinding rides for folks who need to get gear and munchies. Beverages will be served enroute, but don't touch the the energy drinks, those are his.
Foxx
Naturally Dakka is driving the group to the location where the family is. The Bulldog is going to appear to be a delivery van on approach. Getting a layout of the house or access to the layout, from Scorch Dakka is going to pick the best possible entry point for the team to enter and park a block away from the gangs hideout. From there he is going to deploy both his Nissan roto-drones for air surveillance and support and one of the doberman drones with rubber round ordnance. Drones will be uploaded with Clearsight, targeting for respective weapons, and maneuvering, and defense. The roto-drones will be flying around the building while the Doberman will be making the assault with the rest of the team.
zed
And i'm back smile.gif Thanks for the patience all. I should be around now for the next couple of days.

I need the following (IC and OOC)

1. How you will approach the house. (stealth rolls as applicable - remember you are in a neighborhood so its not just the bad guys you need to worry about

2. Your entry method.

3. First round of initiative. When you get into the building, assuming your not spotted what will you do as you will have suprise at that point.

At that point we can deal with whats happened and any subsequent round of combat.
DireRadiant
I'm not going to be posting for a week, I have a Hyphema and reading the internets wil make my eyes bleed. Really.

Two weeks bed rest with no reading.... yech.
BlackHat
QUOTE (zed @ Mar 3 2010, 07:03 AM) *
1. How you will approach the house. (stealth rolls as applicable - remember you are in a neighborhood so its not just the bad guys you need to worry about

2. Your entry method.

I would prefer if the guys on foot made this decision - but I don't see any reason not to use the front door. It would actually be the least-suspicious-looking avenue of approach, particularly because the front door should just open up for them like they were expected (or authorized) guests. Skulking around the back and coming in through a window might alert the neighbors.

...not that the gunshots they are likely to hear in a few minutes won't.

3. First round of initiative. When you get into the building, assuming your not spotted what will you do as you will have suprise at that point.

7d6+7 = 10

In the first (surprise) pass, Scorch would like to take a simple action to "Issue Command" to the security system to turn off (temporarily). If that's not a typical security-level command, he would instead use one simple action to deactivate the locks on whatever point of entry the meat-bodies choose, and another to deactivate the cameras nearest to that point of entry. If eh has a spare simple action, he'll command the door/window/whatever to open, to save the rest of the team an action doing so.

Then, as a free action, he will message the team with the green-light, so that they can bust in and take their surprise actions.

Jimson
Sorry to hear about that DR. Get well soon!

Recently we've been researching stuff, but I guess we never talked about combat capabilities. From what I recall reading, Vamp is staying behind, Scorch is offering some matrix support and house control. Dakka, will you be providing any drone support? DR, I guess you can respond to this later, but what help can you provide Yargo? From your introduction you mentioned invisibility, armor, spirits, etc. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is "who's coming with me?" smile.gif

Since she mentioned it, Yargo will ask for any magic support (which I can certainly do in-character). At this point, look at the house, Yargo is thinking of drop two quick flash grenades in the family room to incapacitate the two gang guys in there. Yargo is worried that after the first strike the 3 gang members in the kitchen are cowards and will grab the hostages with a gun to their head. I guess I could put a post in-character as well. Let me know if that would be best.

Also, after looking at the picture of the inside of the house, and the location of the gang members, Yargo pops out 4 White Phosphorus grenades and put in 4 Flash Bang grenades into his GL-67.
Jimson
Yargo's initiative once we figure out a plan.

10d6.hits(5) → [3,6,3,4,1,5,6,1,6,3] = (4)

So he'll go on 14.
DireRadiant
My eyeballs will no longer bleed if I read the internets.

Assuming the astral recon did not reveal any problems...

Buy hits, buy off drain for one watcher per team member, 5.
Summon 3 + Magic 5 = 8 Conjure Force 5 Air Spirit, optional power Fear (8d6.hits(5)=1)
Reroll Failures (7d6.hits(5)=2)
Willpower 5 + Logic 5 Drain (10d6.hits(5)=2)
Magic 5 + Spellcasting 6 = 11 Force 5 Improved Invis on Yargo, sustained while DR follows Yargo astrally. (11d6.hits(5)=3)
Willpower 5 + Logic 5 Drain (10d6.hits(5)=5) No Drain...
Infiltration 1 + Astr5al Agility 5 - 2 (Sustained Spell) = 4 Stealth on approach to house (Astrally) (4d6.hits(5)=0)
Edge to Avoid Critical Glitch
Astral Initiative 10 - 2(Sustained Spell) (10d6.hits(5)=4) 10 + 4 = 14

Confusion then Fear on non hostages in house as Yargo does his bit.

Someone plan on distracting the neighbors after the flash bangs go off. And on driving us away...
Foxx
Initiative (11d6.hits(5)=4)

Init: 15

Dakka will be jumping into the doberman when entering the house with Yargo. He'll deal with the Kitchen guys as they come out with automatic fire.
Jimson
Yargo's Infiltration as he approaches the front door.

Agility 5 + Infiltration (Urban) 2(4)
9d6.hits(5) → [6,6,6,2,3,1,4,2,6] = (4)

Glad to hear you are doing better DR.

Also, on a side note, this is my first combat in PbP. My other games have died just before the first major conflict. Forgive me if I don't do something quite right.
Jimson
Zed, let me know if you need anything more. If you do, I'll post Yargo's entrance and roll his grenade launching.
zed
Folks

apologies for the absence, work is bogging me down during the day (when i was most able to do stuff) and night times im tied up with family. Im going to try to pick this up on Friday / over the weekend and get the house resolved. I would like to see it through to a conclusion but it might not happen as quickly as days gone by. Then we can sit back and decide on continuing or not.

BlackHat
Work and family comes first. I should be available this weekend to post regarding the house-assault, or whenever it is ready. I would post something IC sooner, but at this point, Scorch hasn't got a whole lot to say until we get in there, and watch the shit hit the fan.
DireRadiant
Whatever time you need, no pressure zed.
Jimson
No pressure at all. I understand how work and family can be. I really appreciate you running this. My earlier post was not to put any pressure on you. I just wasn't sure if you needed anything more from me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012