Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite AAA CEO?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Jericho Alar
I had originally planned to include Tadashi Shiawase(Shiawase), Shikei Nakatomi(Fuchi) and Lucien Cross(CATco) but only has ten slots, so... SR4 it is; if someone really wants to vote for one of these three, just say so in comments, I guess.

I often see people talking about favorite AAA corps (to run for or against, as a player/gm etc.) but I thought I'd ask who your favorite CEO personality is.

Mine is Damien Knight, ever since one ill-fated night when a few too many beers led to my gaming group vociferously declaring that he was the Tony Stark of Shadowrun and furthermore that he must masquerade as a runner in his spare time... (ignore how old the man is now that it's 2072.. in fact, why isn't he aging as much as he should?)

I'm a little fuzzy on if the CEO for Evo has changed; I couldn't find any information on the matter, so for now I have Saru Iwano still in charge. (given that he *was* allied with Buttercup I guess this makes sense still.)
hahnsoo
I voted for Lofwyr. I'm too scared not to, even though my P2.0 rating will go down if I don't vote for Gary Cline.

Mine is Damien Knight, ever since one ill-fated night when a few too many beers led to my gaming group vociferously declaring that he was the Tony Stark of Shadowrun and furthermore that he must masquerade as a runner in his spare time... (ignore how old the man is now that it's 2072.. in fact, why isn't he aging as much as he should?)
Leonization was made for guys like him. You can buy immortality, wholesale. Either that, or he's secretly an insect spirit in disguise, trying to root out all of the other hives for personal gain.
Jaid
i don't think inazo aneki is CEO of renraku anymore, is he?

[edit: by which i mean, "didn't he kill himself in a UV host because deus told him to?")
Jericho Alar
QUOTE (Jaid @ Nov 22 2009, 11:15 PM) *
i don't think inazo aneki is CEO of renraku anymore, is he?

[edit: by which i mean, "didn't he kill himself in a UV host because deus told him to?")

Renraku has retired the position of CEO, believing that Inazo Aneki (as kami) continues to watch over the company and take an active role in its success; so.. yes, Inazo Aneki is still CEO of Renraku. (that and I couldn't find the name of his successor offhand)

[edit]and by still CEO I mean the king is dead, long live the king...[/edit]
Headshot_Joe
I'm going to have to go with Lofwyr. He takes matters seriously, maintains strict discipline, and personally sees to much of his business. He is organized, efficient, effective, and attentive. Not to mention that he literally devours anyone that stands in his way. I believe that Chuck Norris is the form Lofwyr currently resides in, and that perhaps he will make this hypothesis reality upon Earth's ascension to the Sixth World...
The Jake
I took Lofwyr but I nearly voted Villiers. That guy is sharp as a monofilament razor.

- J.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Jericho Alar @ Nov 23 2009, 04:19 AM) *
Renraku has retired the position of CEO, believing that Inazo Aneki (as kami) continues to watch over the company and take an active role in its success; so.. yes, Inazo Aneki is still CEO of Renraku. (that and I couldn't find the name of his successor offhand)

[edit]and by still CEO I mean the king is dead, long live the king...[/edit]

Reminds me of Kim Il-Sung in North Korea...
Blade
Lofwyr, because whatever the PC do, even the most basic/random thing, you can always insert:

Meanwhile in Essen
"Everything is going according to plan."
Ascalaphus
I wish I knew more about Wu-Lung Wei. I kinda like Wuxing, but I know too little about the guy.

Lofwyr, because whatever the PC do, even the most basic/random thing, you can always insert:

Meanwhile in Essen

But I'll have to vote Lofwyr too now biggrin.gif
Jericho Alar
Wu-Lung Wei is pretty cool. I actually believe he currently has two of the coins of luck in his possession. (plus the feng shui statue that sits in Wuxing Tower in Hong Kong.. ).

he might just have one coin, but regardless still cool. He's like the only CEO who's a family man in the 'I'm a white-collar family man' kind of way (as opposed to the Shiawase who act more like backstabbing royalty than a white-collar family)

Nightfalke
I had to go with Juan Atzcapotzalco, mainly because he's an evil bastard, and created not only an evil bastard corporation, but a whole evil bastard country. And he is completely up front about it.
Ascalaphus
Any material about him you could recommend?
Sixgun_Sage
Everything I have ever read about Knight has me convinced the bastard uses cutting edge treatments to stay "younger" than he lets on and still keeps a hand in the nasty side of things, just in case.... actually I've used that as a campaign hook before.
Jericho Alar
QUOTE (Sixgun_Sage @ Nov 23 2009, 11:57 AM) *
Everything I have ever read about Knight has me convinced the bastard uses cutting edge treatments to stay "younger" than he lets on and still keeps a hand in the nasty side of things, just in case.... actually I've used that as a campaign hook before.

Oh I'd believe it too; although the Damien Knight as bug spirit host angle is also interesting; given how focuses Ares was on bug hunting for awhile.

I'm a little surprised that Lofwyr is the runaway favorite; then again he *is* a dragon.

not surprised that the current CEO of Shiawase is unpopular (Yamana used to the CEO of one of the three-branches of Fuchi too - he's another one of those cockroaches that just refuses to die... )

AllTheNothing
I voted for Saru Iwano because dispite Lofwyr being a chessmaster, Richard Villiers being the monomolecular-edged sharp bastard who run circles around both Renraku AND his scheming fellows at Fuchi, Damien Knight being Damien Knight (do I need to say more?), Wu Lung-Wei being cool, affable and somewhat mystical (understatement?) and Inazo Aneki being stuff that legends are made of ..... I still have a thing for a little ork forced in exile to avoid deportation becoming CEO of a very japanese japanacorp and telling to its very bigoted bigwigs that he was in control (with some help from a free spirit) and things were going to change whether they liked it or not; reminds me of that ork prince in the Tir that turned out being a better leader for the elven nation than elves themselves .... ah poetic justice smile.gif !!!

I am pretty neutral toward Gary Cline, he hasn't shown much yet even if Horizon is cool .... at least as cool as a megacorp can be.

On the negative side there's Korin Yamana for being entangled in the Shiawase backstabfest (wasn't him one of the two fatcats that got screwed by Villiers for trying to oust him? ... if so I like him even less), Juan Atzcapotzalco for being the evil bastard who founded both an evil corporation and an evil country just to disappear while what his creations defile anything and everything they come across, while the award for the most disliked goes to Toshiro Mitsuhama who has earned it with that internal comunication that was posted on Jackpoint during Emergence and by being the CEO of the corp that I despise the most after Yakashima (MCT shares the second place with the Azzies).

Waiting the Corp. Book for more details (for example weren't suggested in the NeoTokio section of Corporate Enclaves that there was at least one incestuos affair going on withing Yakashima family?).

EDIT:

QUOTE (Jericho Alar @ Nov 23 2009, 08:09 PM) *
Oh I'd believe it too; although the Damien Knight as bug spirit host angle is also interesting; given how focuses Ares was on bug hunting for awhile.

I'm a little surprised that Lofwyr is the runaway favorite; then again he *is* a dragon.

not surprised that the current CEO of Shiawase is unpopular (Yamana used to the CEO of one of the three-branches of Fuchi too - he's another one of those cockroaches that just refuses to die... )

Ok here's the answer to my question about Yamana.
The Jake
QUOTE (Blade @ Nov 23 2009, 10:05 AM) *

Meanwhile in Essen

HAHAHAHA so true. I think I've done something very similar to that once....

- J.
Jericho Alar
yeah, it was Yamana and Nakatomi, Villiers was Fuchi America and the man is a damn ballet dancer.

Yamana did pretty good for himself too, Nakatomi kind of just faded into obscurity.
crash2029
I went with Villiers because I couldnt find Major Gavilan. wobble.gif I like Villiers. It's like he just wont quit. First Fuchi, then Novatech, the man just keeps coming back. I admire that. I didn't go with Lofwyr because I never, ever deal with a dragon. (Crap. I hope he didn't hear that.)
Jericho Alar
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Nov 23 2009, 04:51 PM) *
I went with Villiers because I couldnt find Major Gavilan. wobble.gif I like Villiers. It's like he just wont quit. First Fuchi, then Novatech, the man just keeps coming back. I admire that. I didn't go with Lofwyr because I never, ever deal with a dragon. (Crap. I hope he didn't hear that.)

Gavilan never existed! that picture in Corporate Download is a shop! (so is the one I have of Daviar, but mmmm. is that one delicious) and there are no records of a Major Gavilan beyond a few poor quality photographs from 'personal files' of other Echo Mirage team members nyahnyah.gif
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Jericho Alar @ Nov 23 2009, 11:38 PM) *
Gavilan never existed! that picture in Corporate Download is a shop! (so is the one I have of Daviar, but mmmm. is that one delicious) and there are no records of a Major Gavilan beyond a few poor quality photographs from 'personal files' of other Echo Mirage team members nyahnyah.gif

Now that you mention it Ms. Daviar is basicaly the CEO of the Draco Fondation, why has she been left out? My vote now goes to her ..... and we need more pictures of her (the one with the other trustees in Dragons of the 6th World is simply awesome, we need more of that). nyahnyah.gif
LurkerOutThere
It was a toss of for me between big L and Knight, but I had to give it to the mere mortal with a lot of hacking talent and chutzpah.
Lok1 :)
I was seriusly tempted to vote for Juan Atzcapotzalco, for his raw power. But then I turned when I thought about the Knight is shineing armour's matrix feat worthy of jack himself and changed my vote.
Though my true vote goes to Dues, because we all know he's the REAL owner of horizion.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (AllTheNothing @ Nov 23 2009, 05:59 PM) *
Now that you mention it Ms. Daviar is basicaly the CEO of the Draco Fondation, why has she been left out? My vote now goes to her ..... and we need more pictures of her (the one with the other trustees in Dragons of the 6th World is simply awesome, we need more of that). nyahnyah.gif
Well, for one, the Draco Foundation isn't a Triple A Megacorp. And two, there are only 10 poll options available when you make a forum poll. The real reason, though, is that she's moved on to the Eighth World. Read "Battlerun: Best Ever" for details. *grin*
Jericho Alar
QUOTE (AllTheNothing @ Nov 23 2009, 05:59 PM) *

she (along with the other AA CEOs) was #14+. #11-13 are the missing SR3 Triple-A megas (Lucien Cross, Shiawase, etc.) I had meant for the thread to be SR3/4 combined on the logic that it would be useful for both groups to see why people like certain CEOs and maybe spark some run ideas; but alas, 10 options was the limit.

[edit] I'm tempted to create another version of the poll for specifically the SR3 personalities (noting that we should vote based on only activity up to 2060) but I don't think the numbers would be that different. most of the votes have gone to one of the three perennial badasses (Knight, Lofwyr, Villiers) so I have a feeling it would look basically the same.

I would guess a few of Knight's votes would sneak their way over to Lucien Cross, and that Wu Lung-Wei would actually get a vote or two if the topic were drawing SR3 players into the thread better than an [SR4] tag does.
Tachi
I voted Villiers. He's like the terminator, knock him down, he gets right back up and keeps coming. Plus, Knights Pawn, he's a cold hard bastard, but not completely heartless, yeah, he left his daughter to her own devices, but, you have to let them grow up some time, and letting them deal with the consequences of thier actions is a good way to do it. She survived, and she's tougher for it. And, while she may not get a long with daddy, she sure as hell respects him, and, I'd bet she understands why he did what he did. She's likely to understand what it cost him when she has kids that age herself.

In essence, he's a human juggernaut. Because of his example, the Villiers' line and legacy will likely never diminish, much less die.
Jericho Alar
QUOTE (Tachi @ Nov 23 2009, 10:41 PM) *
I voted Villiers. He's like the terminator, knock him down, he gets right back up and keeps coming. Plus, Knights Pawn, he's a cold hard bastard, but not completely heartless, yeah, he left his daughter to her own devices, but, you have to let them grow up some time, and letting them deal with the consequences of thier actions is a good way to do it. She survived, and she's tougher for it. And, while she may not get a long with daddy, she sure as hell respects him, and, I'd bet she understands why he did what he did. She's likely to understand what it cost him when she has kids that age herself.

In essence, he's a human juggernaut. Because of his example, the Villiers' line and legacy will likely never diminish, much less die.

I don't really have anything constructive to add beyond (but the Black King!) except to say thank you for switching the drunk indicator, you were making my editing reflex twitch.
Tachi
QUOTE (Jericho Alar @ Nov 23 2009, 09:51 PM) *
I don't really have anything constructive to add beyond (but the Black King!) except to say thank you for switching the drunk indicator, you were making my editing reflex twitch.

Sorry, I sincerely apologized in another thread, just didn't get here till later, and am further changing it to be only the first word.. So... I apologize... Seriously, it hurt me too. In fact, I gave me a headache, if that makes you feel better.
Jericho Alar
QUOTE (Tachi @ Nov 23 2009, 11:38 PM) *
Sorry, I sincerely apologized in another thread, just didn't get here till later, and am further changing it to be only the first word.. So... I apologize... Seriously, it hurt me too. In fact, I gave me a headache, if that makes you feel better.

Are you sure the headache wasn't the alcohol? silly.gif
underaneonhalo
QUOTE (Blade @ Nov 23 2009, 05:05 AM) *

Meanwhile in Essen

I almost voted Lofwyr for the same reason, but brand loyalty demanded I vote for Knight.
Tachi
QUOTE (Jericho Alar @ Nov 23 2009, 11:20 PM) *
Are you sure the headache wasn't the alcohol? silly.gif

Nope... Still to drunk for a normal headache... In fact, my headache went away... Now I'm just drunk... grinbig.gif

Low grade poisons (like alcohol) can definately be your friend... Just know your limits...
General Ripper
You're more than welcome to not vote for Lofwyr, but these acts of... "individuality" are being filed away for his master plans, no doubt...
Tachi
QUOTE (General Ripper @ Nov 24 2009, 01:29 AM) *
You're more than welcome to not vote for Lofwyr, but these acts of... "individuality" are being filed away for his master plans, no doubt...

My drunken conservatism is so chaotic that even Lofwyr can't tell what I'm gonna do next... At least, that's what I keep telling myself.
Heath Robinson
Lofwyr is a magnificent bastard. It's nothing else but that. I mean, sure, Damien Knight is Tony Stark. Sure, Inazo Aneki is now a god. Sure, Gary Cline is the most charismatic person in the game. Lofwyr, however, is voiced by Norio Wakamoto.
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (Heath Robinson @ Nov 24 2009, 07:42 AM) *
Lofwyr is a magnificent bastard. It's nothing else but that. I mean, sure, Damien Knight is Tony Stark. Sure, Inazo Aneki is now a god. Sure, Gary Cline is the most charismatic person in the game. Lofwyr, however, is voiced by Norio Wakamoto.

You sir, just erased any doubts I could have.
Sixgun_Sage
QUOTE (Heath Robinson @ Nov 24 2009, 05:42 AM) *

This is a strike against Norio, after all, you never deal with dragons.

Seriously though, Lofwyr is my second choice, Cline comes in third, Damien Knight takes the cake because he is a solder-boy who has made it into the highest echelons of power and really, has anyone ever been a credible threat to Ares? No, because when the drek hits the fan you don't want to wonder if your fancy-pants new corp-kid toy is gonna jam up, malfunction or just plain stop. You want a gun with the name you can trust, you want an Ares Predator!

There, if that little bit of advertisement won't get me back on my Firewatch team nothing will... how was I to know the hot redhead was secretly a bug spirit, and besides, I did take it's head off with a monofilament chainsaw...
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Tachi @ Nov 24 2009, 04:41 AM) *

Never say "never" ...... the plot writers have twisted hearts ...... and we all love them for this. wink.gif

QUOTE (Tachi @ Nov 24 2009, 08:38 AM) *
My drunken conservatism is so chaotic that even Lofwyr can't tell what I'm gonna do next... At least, that's what I keep telling myself.

Oh come on, even I can tell what you are going to do next: ......
You are going to puke.
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Sixgun_Sage @ Nov 24 2009, 05:57 PM) *
This is a strike against Norio, after all, you never deal with dragons.

Seriously though, Lofwyr is my second choice, Cline comes in third, Damien Knight takes the cake because he is a solder-boy who has made it into the highest echelons of power and really, has anyone ever been a credible threat to Ares? No, because when the drek hits the fan you don't want to wonder if your fancy-pants new corp-kid toy is gonna jam up, malfunction or just plain stop. You want a gun with the name you can trust, you want an Ares Predator!

There, if that little bit of advertisement won't get me back on my Firewatch team nothing will... how was I to know the hot redhead was secretly a bug spirit, and besides, I did take it's head off with a monofilament chainsaw...

Ah, Ares Predator ..... that's love. love.gif
crash2029
Love... is an Ares Predator.
Trigger
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Nov 24 2009, 06:27 PM) *

Happiness is a warm Predator.
DWC
I voted for Lofwyr because he's still be an interesting character even if his name were Wilheim Lofwyr and he had bought his way into Saeder-Krupp using a massive family fortune. Villiers was a close second, though.
General Ripper
QUOTE (AllTheNothing @ Nov 24 2009, 03:27 PM) *
Ah, Ares Predator ..... that's love. love.gif

Quote for truth.
Sixgun_Sage
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Nov 24 2009, 06:27 PM) *

And true love is, of course, an Ares Predator loaded with APDS.
Jericho Alar
Love is fleeting; Ares Arms are forever.

Remember girls, it's not a proposal if it's not Ares!
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Jericho Alar @ Nov 24 2009, 11:58 PM) *

"Is that an Ares in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?"
Heath Robinson
QUOTE (DWC @ Nov 25 2009, 12:25 AM) *
I voted for Lofwyr because he's still be an interesting character even if his name were Wilheim Lofwyr and he had bought his way into Saeder-Krupp using a massive family fortune. Villiers was a close second, though.

I believe that he becomes a more interesting character if he weren't a dragon. We can include the Ozymandias thing if we do that.

And Ozymandias is awesome.
crash2029
QUOTE (Trigger @ Nov 24 2009, 07:39 PM) *
Happiness is a warm Predator.

Touché.

QUOTE (Sixgun_Sage @ Nov 24 2009, 10:49 PM) *
And true love is, of course, an Ares Predator loaded with APDS.

Which makes safe sex an Ares Predator loaded with gel ammo?

QUOTE (Jericho Alar @ Nov 25 2009, 12:58 AM) *

"What's a twelve letter word for 'marriage proposal'?
"I don't know."
"He went to Ares."
"He went to Ares!"
Nows7
I was under the impression that EVO was now chaired by Buttercup herself. I like the idea of a spirit from beyond coming in, saying "Oh, hai! Call me buttercup tee hee. I'm your CEO, improving your stock value".

Though she wasn't on the ballot, I still voted for her - in spirit anyway.
Jericho Alar
QUOTE (Nows7 @ Nov 26 2009, 12:42 PM) *
I was under the impression that EVO was now chaired by Buttercup herself. I like the idea of a spirit from beyond coming in, saying "Oh, hai! Call me buttercup tee hee. I'm your CEO, improving your stock value".

Though she wasn't on the ballot, I still voted for her - in spirit anyway.

She is the majority stockholder, but that happened in SR3 - I didn't see any information concerning that status changing and Iwano was her pick for CEO when he was elected anyway; so I'd be surprised if she'd replace him directly.
Headshot_Joe
You know, it just kinda seems unfair to me... Dragons always win the elections...

Not that I didn't vote for Lofwyr anyways...
Jericho Alar
QUOTE (Headshot_Joe @ Nov 27 2009, 11:44 AM) *
You know, it just kinda seems unfair to me... Dragons always win the elections...

Not that I didn't vote for Lofwyr anyways...

Damien was tied very briefly when they were at 15 votes each; no one else has been close though.

it doesn't help that this one is a German Dragon...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012