Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sixth World Almanac
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SIN
Hello,

Some time ago, when Catalyst were announcing the 20th anniversary products, I'm sure I remember some mention of a "Sixth World Almanac"; sort of an atlas/encyclopaedia of the world in 2072. Did I imagine this, because there seems to have been no further announcements about it, and the other products mentioned (the new posh rule book and Seattle 2072 - both of which are lovely incidentally) are now in the stores. If I didn't imagine it, this sounds brilliant! Can anyone tell me if I've missed any news or if I've just been driving the internet whilst drunk again?
The Jake
Yes. Scheduled 2010.

- J.
Rotbart van Dainig
And, sadly, that's probably as close to SoLA as we'll get.
Stahlseele
Well, there is allways Holostreets . . *runs*
Prime Mover
Heres pic from the upcoming Almanac.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2746...;id=13520584590
Ol' Scratch
Shadowrun has Umber Hulks now?
Kumo
Ehh... It'll be looong time... I have some ideas of a setting in my little corner of the world, but I want to do everything in line with canon. So I must wait for Almanac...
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Dr. Funkenstein @ Nov 28 2009, 02:47 PM) *

looks more like a mirelurk from Fallout³
kanislatrans
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Nov 28 2009, 12:13 PM) *
looks more like a mirelurk from Fallout³

"mmmmm....mirelurk...the other other white meat!" grinbig.gif
Prime Mover
QUOTE (Dr. Funkenstein @ Nov 28 2009, 08:47 AM) *

Heres hoping it's just a big bad bug spirit hehe.
hobgoblin
looks like a meld between a roach and a troll to me...

probably ares firewatch in action in bug city...
CanadianWolverine
Just curious, how would a SR 2072 Almanac be different than a SR 2072 Atlas or would you consider the words interchangeable? I hope it is just interchangeable because I would love an Atlas, heck, I get off on reading a real world Atlas and pondering its varying degrees of questionable census data against geography and topography. I know, I'm weird but imaginary world building based off of the real world is fun for me, like the fun exercise of "What If...".
Ancient History
It's not just a roll-call of the biggest countries in SR circa 2072, there's also material on Shadowrun history that provides greater depth to the back story.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Nov 28 2009, 01:36 PM) *
It's not just a roll-call of the biggest countries in SR circa 2072, there's also material on Shadowrun history that provides greater depth to the back story.

That will indeed be nice, Can't wait...

Keep the Faith
Stahlseele
*Pats his Copy of "Die 6. Welt"*
*runs for his life* ^^
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Nov 28 2009, 02:07 PM) *
*Pats his Copy of "Die 6. Welt"*
*runs for his life* ^^

That is just MEAN...

Keep the Faith
Headshot_Joe
Hmmm... If I get the Almanac from 2072, then run a campaign in 2050... I could make an alternate history 2072! MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!![/BTTF]
limejello10512
I think that's an insect spirit....

actually this is the one gripe I've had about catalyst

(don't get me wrong you guys are so awesome I almost don't want to mention this for fear it will look like I'm not absoloutley thrilled at your work on shadowrun)

they tend to announce things and then not put them in the upcoming releases for waaaaaaaaaaaay too long and you do start to wonder if you heard right or it was a rumor.
Phylos Fett
QUOTE (Headshot_Joe @ Nov 29 2009, 07:25 AM) *
Hmmm... If I get the Almanac from 2072, then run a campaign in 2050... I could make an alternate history 2072! MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!![/BTTF]

Only if you're Marty McFly. silly.gif
Prime Mover
I look forward to this being one hell of a book and perhaps a resource you could hand someone when they say "what is this Shadowrun thing your all into"?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Nov 29 2009, 10:02 AM) *
I look forward to this being one hell of a book and perhaps a resource you could hand someone when they say "what is this Shadowrun thing your all into"?

My thoughts exactly...

Keep the Faith
nylanfs
I just want it so I can hand it to players that want to learn more history (without having to find used books/illegally download pdfs).
CanadianWolverine
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Nov 28 2009, 02:36 PM) *

Sweet, I love history, especially when there are alternate views.

Hehe, see, my confusion with the word could have been alleviated by simply knowing there was a second definition to the word almanac:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/almanac
al·ma·nac (ôlm-nk, l-)
n.
1. An annual publication including calendars with weather forecasts, astronomical information, tide tables, and other related tabular information.
2. A usually annual reference book composed of various lists, tables, and often brief articles relating to a particular field or many general fields.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012