Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: boondock saints in trid
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
limejello10512
In shadowrun we can do lot's of cool editing jobs right? even take out old actors and replace them with new ones (I hear they're making a bruce lee movie that way as we speak)

So here's my dream:

"THE BOONDOCK SAINTS" staring...............................

Abbott and costello....

with abbott as murphy

see costello as conner

see costello leap off the top of a building to crush a russian enforcer

see abbott criticize costello's desire to bring pounds of rope with them.

and see how they would each read their lines differently.

and many more abbott and costello bloopers

someone would say I've ruined the film but the true fans like myself know they have one more thing to laugh at next time they watch this cult classic.

anything else you'd like to see?
Drraagh
This is just me being a smartass, but think about a movine like the Rocky series done by Robin Williams. I was watching in one of the Aladdin movies he did a Rocky accent for a bit part in one of the songs. Believe it was King of Thieves.

So, you've got Robin Williams playing a boxer like that, not to mention, imagine how much more it could be with different voices.
Nifar
Rocky Horror with Dr. Frank-n-Furtur played by a troll. That, and a Lovecraftian take on Twilight.

Yes, I'm a sick, depraved man. I have no regrets.
LurkerOutThere
I hate to poo poo but this is is only tangentally shadowrun related and really should be in another forum.
Xahn Borealis
They would probably take the actors out of those movies, airbrush them, then fill it with sense patches and special effects (read: explosions), then release the 'Collector's Edition'. And also release the 'Classic Edition', as-is, sim-free, as a trid, for triple-figure, chip-only, exclusives.
Then I go blind from too many h-y-p-h-e-n-s........-.....-.--.....
limejello10512
Damnit nifar's Idea sounds really funny but I never saw either of those movies.

Lurker I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong funny I just always thought this would be a funny thing to do and figured in a setting like shadowrun it would be possible. To the admins if I made an oopsy I appologize
BookWyrm
QUOTE (Nifar @ Dec 1 2009, 01:33 AM) *
Rocky Horror with Dr. Frank-n-Furtur played by a troll. That, and a Lovecraftian take on Twilight.

Yes, I'm a sick, depraved man. I have no regrets.

Yes, yes you are. There's nothing wrong with that.

Limejello, get down to your local DVD store and FIND the latest anniversary edition of RHPS. After you pick it up, invite all your freinds over to a Rocky Horror party for the following weekend.

Have whichever freind is a RHPS fan brief you on such a party. Including the 'audience par-ti-ci----pation'.

Then, 2 hours before the party, cover EVERYTHING with durable but disposable plastic. Those freinds who have been to *any* RHPS showing will bring all they need.

Have any breakables safely secured OFF-SITE. This includes pets.

Be prepared for a lengthy clean up.
Drraagh
I went old book shopping about ten years ago in the used bookstore in my town, and found a collection of Science Fiction stories published every quarter. This one was Fall 1984, and included a story 'Pick an Orfice, Any Orifice', where three boys took their dad's program that was used for modelling objects to see stresses and how the object performs. They then used it to model their favorite actress. They had her doing various things, basically a virtual striptease. Then one of them had the bright idea to incorporate a male character into it and a little later the guy's dad walked in. They were sent to therapy, and as part of the work the therapist had a recording of the chip and showed it to a producer friend. It basically ended up that they revolutionized the movie world, having actors come in for a few hours to do different actions and record some lines and then that was it.

Sounds a lot like 3D moviemaking these days, no?
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (BookWyrm @ Dec 2 2009, 12:17 AM) *
Yes, yes you are. There's nothing wrong with that.

Limejello, get down to your local DVD store and FIND the latest anniversary edition of RHPS. After you pick it up, invite all your freinds over to a Rocky Horror party for the following weekend.

Have whichever freind is a RHPS fan brief you on such a party. Including the 'audience par-ti-ci----pation'.

Then, 2 hours before the party, cover EVERYTHING with durable but disposable plastic. Those freinds who have been to *any* RHPS showing will bring all they need.

Have any breakables safely secured OFF-SITE. This includes pets.

Be prepared for a lengthy clean up.

I haven't seen it either, but this has me worried....
BookWyrm
Xhan, it's all just good semi-clean fun. Ask your freinds if they've ever been to a RHPS showing with audience participation, and if there is one soon. Go, experience it. At least several times. Get up and dance. Then you will understand.
ker'ion
It's worth it.
Bring a rain coat.
Red_Cap
QUOTE (ker'ion @ Dec 27 2009, 12:48 AM) *
It's worth it.
Bring a rain coat.

And its comments like this that make me avoid such gatherings, since I tend to be something of a clean freak. Not to mention the fact that I don't like the movie (gasp! I know, right?).
ker'ion
My tennant is of the same general opinion on the movie, though mostly due to his dislike of anyone not acting "normal" in public.

Oddly enough, he's a little weird and refuses to tone it down in public.
nezumi
I don't think most Rocky Horror fans actually like the movie on its own. Watching the movie alone is like watching any other movie without its sound track.

I don't know what all this talk is about rain coats and plastic sheets. I've been to two of them, and the worst thrown was peanuts. So YMMV.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012