Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy Holidays
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mercer
In the fifteen or so seconds of dawning consciousness that is my only truly lucid moment during the day, I thought up an idea for a mini-campaign.

The genesis of the idea is that the holidays are the craziest time of the year. Lots of chaos, lots of crime, lots of drinking and depression which translates to lots of 'cides. I figure an outfit like DocWagon has a hard time keeping up when things start going crazy all at once. So, like the IRS in tax season, they probably hire a bunch of temporary personnel to cover the rush. Because of the chaos and the demand, background might not be checked quite as thoroughly, and a lot of people who normally wouldn't be working for an organization like DocWagon end up wearing the white and red (or whatever the fuck color their uniforms are). This also means is might be a good time to run against DocWagon, since it's easier to get your foot in the door.

Pay wouldn't be much, compared to regualr shadowrunning duties. It's a job-type job, so even with all the overtime and double shifts, we're still talking about Middle Lifestyle money for the month. But gear and everything would be provided, and the real money would be the side jobs and the looting. Likewise, there might be other reasons for the runners to join "the establishment", even if its just for a short time.

Obvious inspiration for this would be Bringing Out the Dead, plus maybe a little "Bad Santa".
Method
I like it. I would have the runners hired by a mysterious Johnson to infiltrate DW during this window in order to do some sort of covert shit. IIRC there were some plot seeds back in the SR2-3 Companion and Missions (the alternate campaign book, not the demo campaign) that would work great.
Snow_Fox
As soon as I read it I thought being in a DW uniform might be a great way into a place/event/site in an absolutely for real DW vehical and gear. "Gang way we got a high threat response call, you wanna tell somebig wig that you're the reason his nuyen.gif 25K contract wasn't honored and we're off the hook for the ugereentee? Let me get you on camera saying it Thought not, moved it!"
etherial
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Dec 2 2009, 10:00 PM) *
As soon as I read it I thought being in a DW uniform might be a great way into a place/event/site in an absolutely for real DW vehical and gear. "Gang way we got a high threat response call, you wanna tell somebig wig that you're the reason his nuyen.gif 25K contract wasn't honored and we're off the hook for the ugereentee? Let me get you on camera saying it Thought not, moved it!"

I have a very long-winded anecdote about how two opposing teams went in to extract a target. We faked custodial badges, and actually spent 8 hours vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, and taking out the trash. They faked a DocWagon call and shot the guard at the security desk. I totally liked their plan better, except for the part where we got there first and then killed them all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012