Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A few rules questions I could use a little help with.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
smkun
Howdy Folks,

I have a few questions that I haven’t been able to find the answers to. If you could point me in the right direction that would be great!! (My search-fu is weak)

1) Critter Power Conceal – what would happen if you had two spirits using their Conceal ability on you? Add them together, nothing, one gets a bonus from the other?
2) What happens if two characters want to aid each other in a skill check? Does one get a bonus from the other?
3) Dice pool Modifiers – What happens if the total of a negative dice pool modifier reduces the dice pool or 0 or less? Do you always get to roll one die? Is there a penalty if you do?
4) Astral Perception – To learn about something that is perceived I see that you roll INT+Assensing, but what do you roll to do the actual perceiving? Do I still just use the perception skill?

Thanks a lot!!
etherial
QUOTE (smkun @ Nov 30 2009, 11:17 AM) *
3) Dice pool Modifiers – What happens if the total of a negative dice pool modifier reduces the dice pool or 0 or less? Do you always get to roll one die? Is there a penalty if you do?

If you have zero or fewer dice, you automatically fail. If you spend Edge, you can roll just your Edge dice (though if the pool was at -7 or something, the GM may then put modifiers on your Edge roll). This is called a Long Shot and is detailed on p. 61 of SR4A.
Tymire
1.) Higher one takes effect (spells work the same way).
2.) One would roll the thier skill, and the other one would be helping. They both cannot help eachother.
3.) As above
4.) Pretty sure it's just the perception skill, as infiltration works when on the astral.
smkun
QUOTE (Tymire @ Nov 30 2009, 11:47 AM) *
2.) One would roll the thier skill, and the other one would be helping. They both cannot help eachother.

Thanks for te replies!!

On this one would there be some kind of bonus for the person being helped? +Dice to pool etc.
Tymire
I *believe* it was just a +1 dice, however it is shown in the base book about 1/3 of the way through. Think it was under assisted tests in the skills chapter, however at work and don't have book handy. Also been reading a lot of different systems lately, so could very well be wrong on that one.
Orcus Blackweather
QUOTE (smkun @ Nov 30 2009, 09:17 AM) *
2.) One would roll the thier skill, and the other one would be helping. They both cannot help eachother. 3) Dice pool Modifiers – What happens if the total of a negative dice pool modifier reduces the dice pool or 0 or less? Do you always get to roll one die? Is there a penalty if you do?
4) Astral Perception – To learn about something that is perceived I see that you roll INT+Assensing, but what do you roll to do the actual perceiving? Do I still just use the perception skill?

Thanks a lot!!

2) Assisting player rolls his skill with any appropriate mods, any successes he achieves are added (up to his skill rating) to the person who is primary.

3) If the dice pool is reduced to 0 the test becomes impossible. With use of edge however, it is possible to make a long shot. You roll only your edge dice, and rule of sixes does not apply.

4) Perception works normally in astral space. You roll your skill + Intuition against a GM assigned threshold, or against an opponents stealth. It is entirely appropriate to use both perception and assensing for some things.
Method
Just to be clear, on Teamwork Tests each HIT rolled by the assisting character add a DIE to the primary character's pool.
smkun
Awesome! Thanks again for the replies.
BishopMcQ
To help bring All the page references in:

2) What happens if two characters want to aid each other in a skill check? Does one get a bonus from the other?
Teamwork Tests, SR4A p. 65

Dice Pool Modifiers and Long Shots, SR4A p. 61

Using Perception, SR4A p. 135 // Astral Visibility, Street Magic p. 114
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012