Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Probably a stupid question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
8BitNinja
Oops posted twice, since I already did that I might as well ask another question,

The rules say firing a vehicle mounted weapon typically takes a complex action, would this be the case for a jumped in rigger?
Jericho Alar
QUOTE (8BitNinja @ Nov 30 2009, 11:41 PM) *
Oops posted twice, since I already did that I might as well ask another question,

The rules say firing a vehicle mounted weapon typically takes a complex action, would this be the case for a jumped in rigger?

No. provisionally - it's dependent on whether firing the weapon the drone is wielding would normally be a complex action. (if it uses Gunnery it's complex, if it's a stirrup-strapped meta holding a pistol it'd be a simple action.)
Jaid
or, in other words: generally speaking yes, but there are a handful of exceptions. the only explicit one is for full conversion cyborgs rigging a humanoid-shaped body using handheld weaponry, but requires the use of the appropriate firearm skill (ie if firing a pistol, you must use the pistol skill, not the gunnery skill). the implication i have gotten from some dev comment is that the same exception should apply for anyone rigging a sufficiently humanoid drone and using handheld weaponry, but that exception is not made explicit to my knowledge.

this does mean that in general, full-auto capable weapons tend to be more appealing for mounting on standard drones.
Karoline
[quote name='Jaid' date='Dec 1 2009, 02:10 AM' post='871843'
this does mean that in general, full-auto capable weapons tend to be more appealing for mounting on standard drones.
[/quote]

And mounting a holdout to your doberman just plain looks silly nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012