Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting glam
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BRodda
Just wondering if there are any mechanics for doing something to look good in a non-permanent way. For example I'm making a mage that has both Fashion and Makeover for spells. Lets say I'm casting both on the same subject and get 3 hits on Fashion and 5 hits on Makeover, is there anything that person would as a benefit for looking just that good? Or someone who has the skill Fashion and Style who gets a ton of successes.

I guess what are the mechanics of looking good?
Mercer
+2 DP on the GM's call?
Ol' Scratch
There's only a penalty for not dressing properly, and that applies to Etiquette. It's a -2 dice pool modifier. The best you could do without houserules/GM fiat is try to be sexually appealing to a specific target. That gives you a +2 dice pool modifier. Control Emotions will have a similar benefit, granting +1 per net hit on the Spellcasting Test.

The only other option I can think of applies to Intimidation, and that applies to the Custom Look weapon design option in Arsenal.
Karoline
Dr. F basically covered the written into the rules stuff.

There is always of course the option that things like that might temporarily boost your charisma (ala the rules in augmentation for beauty enhancements doing so) or otherwise give you a social boost. That is however purely optional, and would likely only apply to certain targets. A street ganger likely won't care if you're clean or not, though being all clean and stuff and still having a gun might create an odd sort of intimidation, though it could backfire as well as they think you're just a prissy rich-kid.

For the most part those spells serve as disguise and RP spells. Makeover lets you do a disguise in seconds, and fashion lets you make your lined coat look like a suit or dress or whatever.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012