Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: After Market Mods for your Street Rod
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
kevyn668
I don't have Rigger 3 and I was wondering if some helpful DSer could tell me about car options. I'd like to purchase a vehicle for a new character but I'm not staisfied with the normal selection.

Do people is SR still have these kinds of cars? You the type: car costs about 12k (maybe less) and the after market mods cost 40k. None of it is weapons or sensors.

Barring that what about luxury/sports sedan. The new model caddilac or new VW luxury/performance sedan? SUV's? Did thay go out of style or is there a Lincon Astral Navigator? BMW SUV?

THoughts? Suggestions?
nezumi
I don't think I've GMed a game yet which had a single non-customized vehicle. Usually it's just guns, but for the riggers, they almost always put on armor as well (it's cheap, especially since I don't include labor costs if they have the skills, and it's easy to make a hawg invincible to anything less than depleted uranium warheads).
kevyn668
I was thinking more along the lines of neon light bars and custom rims.
Req
I don't recall specifically reading anything about it but I'd assume that 2060 has plenty of folks who get off on car mods. Chances are some of the mods are different - you don't really need a trashcan-sized exhaust pipe on a GridLink-powered compact, for example - but yeah. As long as folks have money they'll find a way to make their cars look stupid.

BTW, I saw a riced-out BMW Z4 yesterday. Made me want to cry. Doing that shit to a Civic is one thing, but ruining a Z4 with a fat-ass exhaust pipe and custom wheels? At least there wasn't a "Powered By Honda" sticker in the windshield. frown.gif
Lindt
Heh. I was actually considering starting a topic on this exact topic. And I own R3! There are plenty of rules for MAJOR changes, nitro, turbo charging, drastic engine mods, but not for smaller stuff. New headers, cold air injection, bigger fuel pump, ect. The sorta thing that might add a point of added acceleration here, a few extra MPCT there.

As far as more cars/truck/vans/SUVs, its all covered in R3. If you wants cars, its a MUST buy.
simonw2000
Who's up for a Cannonball Run?
LoseAsDirected
I'd love a Cannonball Run.. It would give me a chance to try out my 1337 mad magic bike skills (read: Adept powers).
kevyn668
Isn't there a fan generated CannonBall Run-esque module out there? I know I saw it somewhere...
Frag-o Delux
QUOTE (Lindt)
Heh. I was actually considering starting a topic on this exact topic. And I own R3! There are plenty of rules for MAJOR changes, nitro, turbo charging, drastic engine mods, but not for smaller stuff. New headers, cold air injection, bigger fuel pump, ect. The sorta thing that might add a point of added acceleration here, a few extra MPCT there.

As far as more cars/truck/vans/SUVs, its all covered in R3. If you wants cars, its a MUST buy.

For everything not covered by a rule in the books we in our games get ourselves subscribed to free mags or trial versions to get a price list of the stuff so we know what it costs.

We also try to figure out how it would effect the game. Bigger fuel injectors and new headers I would think falls into turbo charging. I am not a car person, but do we as a whole really need to delve into the engine that much for a game that so vague in so many other areas? The problem with making alot of this stuff very detailed is that some people feel over whelmed by it all. Look at the Matrix for dumbies thread, I haven't read it becasue I know the rules but I can only imagine the questions going on in there. The Matrix in my opinion is not that hard to understand. Just like Rigger 3 I have had no problems learning the rules but my GM is consistently confused, adding a lot more minor details will just make it worse.

If it is added I have no problems with it, but as a whole will it be that much of a bonus?

And wha tis MPCT? I know MPCP which it the main chip in a cyber deck, but I have yet to see MPCT in the Rigger book.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012