Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shopping in Seattle
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Thanos007
I've been scanning through the Seattle sourcebook and can find very little on shopping. Some place like Seattle in 2064 (my current game time) must have a megamall. Something along the lines of the Mall of the Americas? Failing that where is the fashionable shopping distric in Seattle. Rhodeo Drive, 5th Ave, kind o'place? If there's nothing in cannon then I'll make it up but as I did pay for the book I'd like to stay with cannon if possible. Oh. Normaly I'd read it until I find it but I have a game in about two hours and need the info.

Thanos
Rev
Northgate (north part of today's seattle)
Southcenter(just south of todays seattle)
Seatac(east part of tacoma)

All of them along I5, and I think they are all in the sourcebooks.
... there are quite a few others too.
Thanos007
Thanks... you know tomorrow in the middle of the day I'd have rememberd all that but too late to do me any good.

Thanos
BitBasher
Biggest mall of them all: Renraky Arcology Mall. I hear you can get good deals there arounbd christmas time. vegm.gif
Rev
Actually I must be getting tired too.

Seatac is right between seattle and tacoma along I5, the mall in the east part of tacoma is ...drum roll... the Tacoma Mall.

You'd think I would remember that since those are the closest two malls to me when I was a kid.
Req
QUOTE (BitBasher)
Biggest mall of them all: Renraky Arcology Mall. I hear you can get good deals there arounbd christmas time. vegm.gif

Especially on drones and cyberware. Come today, and we'll throw in a free datajack!
Kagetenshi
Free cybereyes, too. A wonderful deal!

~J
Req
Buy in bulk and save.
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Req)
Buy in bulk and save.

bring your friends, tell your family!
Fortune
As a special bonus, we are offering a free doll for every child. This is a limited time offer so hurry in today.
Kagetenshi
Please mind the doors, though.

~J
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (Fortune)
As a special bonus, we are offering a free doll for every child. This is a limited time offer so hurry in today.

That reminds me--I think it's insane that there are SR action figures, but no dunkelzahn plush dolls.
Kanada Ten
You were saying?

I know I would buy a Dunkelzhan doll (for my daughter)!
Crimsondude 2.0
DUNKIE!
Kagetenshi
What would rock is if Shadowrun ever became big enough that FanPro/WizKids could do things related to it without being entirely overt, like a Shadowrun version of Monopoly or Fortune 500 that just involved the megacorps; didn't actually reference the game more than obliquely. Or things like Tickle-Me-Dunkie dolls and Daniel Coleman action figures (not a Duels figure, a takeoff on the Bush action figure) or similar. Shirts with Renraku logos, or raid jackets with Mitsuhama Corporate Security written on them. It's never going to happen, but it's a really cool thought.

~J
Fortune
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0 @ Feb 4 2004, 01:26 PM)
That reminds me--I think it's insane that there are SR action figures, but no dunkelzahn plush dolls.

You mean like the oft-mentioned Tickle-Me-Dunky™ doll?
Req
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
What would rock is if Shadowrun ever became big enough that FanPro/WizKids could do things related to it without being entirely overt, like a Shadowrun version of Monopoly or Fortune 500 that just involved the megacorps; didn't actually reference the game more than obliquely. Or things like Tickle-Me-Dunkie dolls and Daniel Coleman action figures (not a Duels figure, a takeoff on the Bush action figure) or similar. Shirts with Renraku logos, or raid jackets with Mitsuhama Corporate Security written on them. It's never going to happen, but it's a really cool thought.

~J

Ya know, if FanPro/WizKids doesn't want to, maybe someone could do a little CafePress action? Who can tell me if this would be copyright infringement?

I would love a Mitsuhama Corporate Security windbreaker. smile.gif
Kagetenshi
I'm actually planning (with a few friends) to make Megacorp-logo shirts (just for ourselves) and wear them to cons. I personally am planning on trying to get a raid jacket with GOD on the back and Grid Overwatch Division in smaller letters on the front right breast. If we get enough good ideas, though, we might approach FanPro/WizKids about stuff for low-level distribution beyond our immediate circle.

~J
Dax
I've been thinking about doing some Cafepress stuff myself. Corp logo shirts would be very cool in my opinion. Though some leather jackets with some of the famous Shadowrun Gang logos on the back might be cool too. I can already see bikers investing in some. biggrin.gif
Req
Well, fake bikers, at least. I can't see a Hell's Angel sporting an Ancients jacket, so much. smile.gif

Kage, if you need any aid or just have an extra to sell, I am SO THERE. cool.gif
Kagetenshi
I'll let you know smile.gif

~J
REM
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
I'm actually planning (with a few friends) to make Megacorp-logo shirts (just for ourselves) and wear them to cons. I personally am planning on trying to get a raid jacket with GOD on the back and Grid Overwatch Division in smaller letters on the front right breast. If we get enough good ideas, though, we might approach FanPro/WizKids about stuff for low-level distribution beyond our immediate circle.

HA! He admits it!

-Ariel (k1tsune) stealing the computer from Kyle
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012