Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun Target Number Modifier Mast Chart
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stumps
Pretty straight forward really...
SR has countless target number modifiers spread out across nearly a hundred books or so per edition of the game.

Has anyone ever sat down and ran across every book noting all things (equipment included) that modify target numbers and plopped that into a chart?
If so...anyone know a link to such a thing?
etherial
QUOTE (Stumps @ Dec 8 2009, 07:57 PM) *
Pretty straight forward really...
SR has countless target number modifiers spread out across nearly a hundred books or so per edition of the game.

Has anyone ever sat down and ran across every book noting all things (equipment included) that modify target numbers and plopped that into a chart?
If so...anyone know a link to such a thing?

The Runner's Toolkit is slated to have a "big book of tables", so it looks like SR4A is covered (that, and TN=5). What edition(s) are you most concerned about?
Stumps
Honestly, 2nd and 3rd editions, but I'm pretty sure no such chart exists like this.
Ancient History
I've never heard of one for any edition, sorry mate.
Stumps
No, that's fine.
I just needed to know if one was out there before I go and make one, considering it's going to take some serious work to put together.

See...it's a two-part reason for wanting one.
Firstly, just because it would be very handy to have.
But secondly, and the one that counts for me personally, it would provide a real way to see just how little room you have to budge or not as a designer making up house rules.

Considering that Target Numbers are about all SR has to play with for most house rule versions, it seems appropriate to have a chart that shows just how many target number modifiers would be in play in any given situation so that when you are making a house rule you are aware of just what your modifications to target numbers would end up looking like with everything else already in play.

Honestly...I think target number modifiers are being choked to death.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012