Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On Dead Wings
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Trigger
Alright everyone, welcome to LA. I will probably have more to add to this later, but I wanted to get it started now.

We will be rolling dice using Invisible Castle, post links to the rolls here.

Also the color scheme will be as such:

Headers: "#FF8C00"
Speech: "cyan"
Text: "#A0552D"
Thoughts: "darkkhaki"
Spirit Communication: "#9932CC"
Memories: "silver" and Italicized
Subvocals: "#2E8B57"

Also, roll your starting nuyen and post the link here.

Let's get this thing rolling. smile.gif
Karoline
QUOTE (Trigger @ Dec 9 2009, 11:08 PM) *
Let's get this thing rolling. smile.gif

No pun intended? wink.gif

Starting Wealth (4d6+12=25) x 500 = 12500

Also, I'm going to throw up a website for my character eventually.
Embers
Fox's Starting Wealth = Starting Nuyen ((4d6+12)*500=14,000)

Looks like I'm our only Mana...eep.

Here is my spell list:
Combat
Flamethrower
Manabolt
Stunball

Health
Heal
Increase Reflexes

Illusion
Improved Invisibility
Orgy
Physical Mask
Trid Phantasm

Manipulation
Fashion
Makeover
Shapechange
Karoline
Check out my fancy Character Sheet
Embers
I'll have to work on copying it. You and Dr. Funk do good work.
zed
Looking forward to this : Sarials starting wealth 4d6+12=19* nuyen.gif 100 = nuyen.gif 1900
Fuchs
Starting money:
Starting money ( x 500) (4d6=13) +3 for 300 nuyen left over= 8000 Nuyen

DD's wiki sheet
BlackHat
Starting Nuyen (Low Lifestyle)
3d6=15x50 = nuyen.gif 750
Karoline
Neat, where did you get that picture Fuchs?

Edit: Hmm, looks like you used a program and made it yourself (Or at least grabbed one you could manipulate)

And I try. Most of what I have for my sheet is just a copy and paste of what Dr. F did though nyahnyah.gif

I have been working on adding some personal touches though.
Fuchs
QUOTE (Karoline @ Dec 10 2009, 02:50 PM) *
Neat, where did you get that picture Fuchs?

I made them with DAZ Studio. I made more, but lost the links so would have to re-upload them.
Karoline
Hmm, I normally wouldn't nitpick over such small things Fuchs, but I really despise Empathy software, so I figured I'd point out that you'd need a System of 6 to run a rating 6 empathy software, which means your commlink needs a response of 6. You may have it (Can't find your commlink on there except the decoy), but I just figured I'd point that out.

In case your wondering, I dislike it so much because it is pointless. If one person has it, then every J and half of everyone else is going to have it and so anyone who wants to do social will have to have it. It is stupidly cheap for the massive bonus it gives, and because anyone can get it for virtually no cost, it is a net wash that does nothing for the game (Except make sure that everyone has a maxed Social DP, making important social encounters pure luck).

Sorry to sound like a bitch, but it is just one of my biggest pet peeves with the game.
BlackHat
It looks like her cyber-commlink is rating 5, so could run the program at rating 5 at least, and could be easily (and inconspicuously) linked to her cybereyes.
zed
Im going to assume that there is a public node for the Yamashiro that doesnt need me to spend lots of time on data searches. At this point Joshua is simply after the menu (is it japanese like it sounds) and the dress code (or a general feel from any publicity snaps).

if i need to roll im asusming its Data search (3) + Logic (6) + Browse (4) = Matrix search for refined info on Yamashiro (13d6.hits(5)=3)
Karoline
You don't get your logic in matrix tests. Just Skill + Program.
Fuchs
QUOTE (Karoline @ Dec 10 2009, 03:12 PM) *
Hmm, I normally wouldn't nitpick over such small things Fuchs, but I really despise Empathy software, so I figured I'd point out that you'd need a System of 6 to run a rating 6 empathy software, which means your commlink needs a response of 6. You may have it (Can't find your commlink on there except the decoy), but I just figured I'd point that out.

In case your wondering, I dislike it so much because it is pointless. If one person has it, then every J and half of everyone else is going to have it and so anyone who wants to do social will have to have it. It is stupidly cheap for the massive bonus it gives, and because anyone can get it for virtually no cost, it is a net wash that does nothing for the game (Except make sure that everyone has a maxed Social DP, making important social encounters pure luck).

Sorry to sound like a bitch, but it is just one of my biggest pet peeves with the game.

I hate the things too for the same reasons, of which the GM is aware, but they were not banned, so I added them. If no one else is using them I am fine with dropping them.
Embers
Well, Fuchs, Karoline, and I are 3 of the 4 Faces in the group. I don't use them, if you hate them too I'd just drop them entirely...that or go with the 20 dice per dice pool limiter.
BlackHat
I don't mind one way or the other. I'm not a big fan of them, myself, but as one of the (few) non-faces, its not going to affect me much. I do agree that it just becomes an arms-race, but I don't see how that's much different from buying a better gun, or a new program. Your opponent needs to buy better armor (or a better gun) and better programs to counter your new dice, too. That just seems to be how things work.
Karoline
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Dec 10 2009, 10:27 AM) *
I don't mind one way or the other. I'm not a big fan of them, myself, but as one of the (few) non-faces, its not going to affect me much. I do agree that it just becomes an arms-race, but I don't see how that's much different from buying a better gun, or a new program. Your opponent needs to buy better armor (or a better gun) and better programs to counter your new dice, too. That just seems to be how things work.

My problem is more that it is an irrelevent step in the arms race. There aren't any real restrictions on it, it is dirt cheap, it doesn't cost essence or magic or anything else. It is just an unnessicary step that does nothing but bring everyone up to a DP of 20 faster.

Compare it to pheremones which cost about 10x as much for half the bonus, and also cost essence.

Or Kinestics which cost 1.5 magic for half the bonus.

It is like adding a new smartgun software that gives you +10 on attacks and only costs 2000 nuyen. Sure, it is cool to have, but everyone will have it, so it won't really have any impact on the game. Other things you have to make choices about, there are pros and cons to having an assault rifle instead of a pistol, there are hefty choices that have to be made when getting pheremones.

Personally I always operate under the assumption that it doesn't exist. It really shouldn't provide such a huge DP bonus given what it does. Assessing should also provide the same +6 bonus because it also gives you info about how the target is feeling, as should a judge intentions check and half a dozen other things.
BlackHat
QUOTE (Karoline @ Dec 10 2009, 10:44 AM) *
It is like adding a new smartgun software that gives you +10 on attacks and only costs 2000 nuyen. Sure, it is cool to have, but everyone will have it, so it won't really have any impact on the game.

Well, nobody would miss anymore. wink.gif
Fuchs
Not to mention that Empathy software rating 6 costs 3000 nuyen, a rating 6 emotitoy 600 nuyen - with the same program built in.
Karoline
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Dec 10 2009, 10:45 AM) *
Well, nobody would miss anymore. wink.gif

Well, there would also be a new 'dodge analysis' program that would give you a +10 to defend against all gun attacks.
BlackHat
Yeah, I got your point. wink.gif Like I said, doesn't matter much to me, either way. It sounds like the majority of faces are willing to lay down their arms?
Fuchs
Another small point: Is it now possible to have two native languages?
Embers
With the Bilingual Merit, yes. though I don't really think its worth the 5BP.
Karoline
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Dec 10 2009, 11:15 AM) *
Another small point: Is it now possible to have two native languages?

When you take the Bilingual Quality, yes it is smile.gif
Karoline
QUOTE (Embers @ Dec 10 2009, 11:16 AM) *
With the Bilingual Merit, yes. though I don't really think its worth the 5BP.

Well, it does grant 7 BP or so worth of a free language skill. It largely depends on how much the GM actually uses the rules for language. You should technically be making a check any time you converse, but most GMs go on a 'if you have the language, you can speak/understand it fine as long as scientific terms don't come up' regardless of rating.

Still, I took it mostly for RP reasons.
Mister Juan
Starting Money (High Lifestyle):
4d6x500: 10 000 nuyen.gif
Karoline
Wow, nice roll.

Now you just have to hope you can keep it up wink.gif
Mister Juan
Just a quick note to say I currently have a ton of work to get done, but I should be able to get a post up by tonight (or in the wee hours of the morning).
I'll try to get my character's sheet up also.

@Trigger
I was wondering, even tho all our characters are somewhat new to the LA scene, do they know each other?
Also, I realized I never sent you my contacts descriptions. I'll do so as soon as I can.
Karoline
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Dec 10 2009, 03:34 PM) *
@Trigger
I was wondering, even tho all our characters are somewhat new to the LA scene, do they know each other?

That's a good question. I don't know about anyone else, but I actually have local fame from appearing in a few indie trids and sims, so there is a chance someone might know of my character (Haven't determined the exact trids yet or anything though) from that.

It did sound like from his original post that we wouldn't know each other, but I could be reading into it too much.
Trigger
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Dec 10 2009, 04:34 PM) *
@Trigger
Also, I realized I never sent you my contacts descriptions. I'll do so as soon as I can.

Karoline is right, unless you really want to know one of the other characters all ready, and have a good reason for it, none of you know each other.

@Karoline: Yes, you read into it just right.
Fuchs
Other question: Will all sheets be public? Could do a wiki then.
Embers
I'm building a webpage for Fox based Karoline's. Just about done aside from finding a host and the equipment.
Trigger
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Dec 10 2009, 08:37 PM) *
Other question: Will all sheets be public? Could do a wiki then.

Only if you want them to be. As long as I know what is on your sheet then I am happy, I don't care who else you show it too. nyahnyah.gif
Fuchs
How adaptable is that sheet? I prefer to have the DP Modifiers visible as well.
Embers
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Dec 10 2009, 07:44 PM) *
How adaptable is that sheet? I prefer to have the DP Modifiers visible as well.

Its just straight HTML.
Karoline
QUOTE (Embers @ Dec 10 2009, 07:38 PM) *
I'm building a webpage for Fox based Karoline's. Just about done aside from finding a host and the equipment.

You can use freewebhostx.com like I am. They don't charge anything and give you 10 gigs a month of free webtraffic as well as a gig of storage.

The sheet is basically fully adaptable, it isn't hard to add new sections and whatnot. Take off the part after the .com on my sheet and you'll see what I adapted the current one from.

Edit: Yeah, it is just HTML so you can basically throw in anything you want.
Karoline
Nothing like the site crashing for a day and a half to really jumpstart a game nyahnyah.gif
BlackHat
Yeah, I can finally stop refreshing my browser and being disappointed. smile.gif
Trigger
Test Results:

@Embers:
[ Spoiler ]

@Fuchs:
[ Spoiler ]

Karoline
Oh, right, the long outage made me forget that I wanted to do a knowledge check too.

Int 4 + LA Club Scene 1 + School of Hard Knocks 1 (6d6.hits(5)=3)
Embers
Apparently it doesn't like me, I wasn't thinking about a glitch on 8 dice, just the number of hits...oh well, quick changes are what the Fashion spell is made for after all. Although I'm thinking that she'd wear something that was a bit more...aged up...rather than aged down like a school girl uniform given her youth and desire to be taken seriously. Most likely a silky slinky green kimono over black pants, something that says beautiful and fun, but fits in and can be practical.
Karoline
A kimono with pants?
BlackHat
like this? biggrin.gif
Karoline
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Dec 12 2009, 06:43 PM) *

Exactly, horrible.
Embers
Gah, not like that.

Black tights. Fashion wouldn't be able to remove all the material from the legs regardless. But ugh, that white is just awful.
Karoline
QUOTE (Embers @ Dec 12 2009, 06:50 PM) *
Gah, not like that.

Black tights. Fashion wouldn't be able to remove all the material from the legs regardless. But ugh, that white is just awful.

nyahnyah.gif I figured that's what you were thinking. Still seems a bit of a missmatch.
Embers
It depends on the colors and the length of the kimono.
BlackHat
I'm sure with 2072 fashion technology - just about anything could be made to work - and their fashion would look as rediculous to us, here in 2009-2010 as the fashion of the 50s looks to us, now.
Karoline
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Dec 12 2009, 07:06 PM) *
I'm sure with 2072 fashion technology - just about anything could be made to work - and their fashion would look as rediculous to us, here in 2009-2010 as the fashion of the 50s looks to us, now.

Except some of the 'latest fashion' stuff looks ridiculous to me right now nyahnyah.gif

I was just kinda thinking that though, fashion is likely to have changed alot by 2072. Then again, some classics never seem to go out of style, like suits for men.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012