Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This news story made me think of Shadowrun...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
'Sconnie
Linky

A Ukrainian chemistry student was killed when a stick of chewing gum apparently exploded in his mouth, Ukrainian media report.

RIA Novosoti, the Russian news agency, says the incident occurred while the unidentified 25-year-old student at Ukraine's Kiev Polytechnic Institute was working at a computer at his parents' house in the city of Konotop.

"A loud pop was heard from the student's room," ukranews.com reports, quoting an aide to the police chief . "When his relatives entered the room they saw that the lower part of the young man's face had been blown off."

The report says a forensic examination found that the gum was covered with an unidentified chemical substance, thought to be some type of explosive material

I think I have some inspiration here...
McCummhail
Brilliant! He apparently did it to himself.
So what do you call this, gumicide?
Cheshyr
This made me think less of shadowrun, and more of darwin awards.

How about I set this container of dangerous explosive chemical next to the identical container of lab chemicals I dip my chewing gum in. Both of these actions sound like good plans.
Xahn Borealis
Am I the only one who feels sorry for the family? biggrin.gif
Moonhawk
QUOTE (McCummhail @ Dec 10 2009, 01:44 PM) *
Brilliant! He apparently did it to himself.
So what do you call this, gumicide?

I'd call it Chewicide.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Moonhawk @ Dec 10 2009, 04:07 PM) *
I'd call it Chewicide.

Seconded.
toturi
QUOTE (Moonhawk @ Dec 11 2009, 05:07 AM) *
I'd call it Chewicide.

So Chewbacca did it?
CanadianWolverine
Kinda reminds me of Mission: Impossible - "Red stick, blue stick!"

Hmm, it would be kinda fun to make a house rule to SR that explosives have some "push" to them from the shock wave and then see what stunts runners might try to pull. biggrin.gif
Tech_Rat
One of my fellow players did this. Made an exploding chewing gum[in game]. Binary explosive. One compound in one colored, and flavored resin, the other compound on the other colored, flavored resin. Chew chew chew [BOOM]

Also, my condolences to the family.
Neraph
QUOTE (CanadianWolverine @ Dec 12 2009, 07:10 PM) *
Kinda reminds me of Mission: Impossible - "Red stick, blue stick!"

Hmm, it would be kinda fun to make a house rule to SR that explosives have some "push" to them from the shock wave and then see what stunts runners might try to pull. biggrin.gif

I'm actually thinking about adapting all attacks to follow the rules given in Arsenal for Throw, in relation to the damage type done: IE: Explosives and Clubs attacks (as well as possibly others) follow the rules for Throw, and the Throw maneuver adds a certain bonus to either net successes or meters thrown.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012