Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drone Generation ?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Delarn
I would need help so I could make my own drones for my Shadowrun games
Jaid
you'll just have to eyeball it then.

there are no rules for it, and if there were, they'd probably be full of loopholes that can be easily abused anyways.
DireRadiant
Rename/brand them and use the same stats.
Delarn
To make an Anthropomorphic line of Drones. From Dwarf to Troll ...
DireRadiant
Just add the percentage cost change for metahuman modified gear to the base drone.
Delarn
Thanks
Delarn
Ok if I use the Arsenal rules to modify an existing Drone. Then I end up with a lack of body, can you help me find a way to see how the Body work on a Drone ?
DireRadiant
Mitsuhama Otomo for example? A Cyborg Anthroform Walker Drone? Described on P.121, stats on P. 120

It has

Body 6
Standard modifications: Cyborg Adaptation, Mimic, Touch Sensors, Walker (These do not consume slots)

See P. 129 for how many slots a vehicle has (The Otomo will have 6)

See P. 131 for vehicle modifications descriptions and costs

Let's say you want to add an additional fuel tank, High Amenities and Amphibous Operation to your Otomo.

Additional fuel tank = 1 slot
High Amenities = 2 Slots
Amphibous Operation = Level 1 = 2 Slots

That adds up to 5 slots, you can have them all, and you have 1 slot left over.

The drones body did not go down.
Delarn
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Dec 15 2009, 09:02 PM) *
Mitsuhama Otomo for example? A Cyborg Anthroform Walker Drone? Described on P.121, stats on P. 120

It has

Body 6
Standard modifications: Cyborg Adaptation, Mimic, Touch Sensors, Walker (These do not consume slots)

See P. 129 for how many slots a vehicle has (The Otomo will have 6)

See P. 131 for vehicle modifications descriptions and costs

Let's say you want to add an additional fuel tank, High Amenities and Amphibous Operation to your Otomo.

Additional fuel tank = 1 slot
High Amenities = 2 Slots
Amphibous Operation = Level 1 = 2 Slots

That adds up to 5 slots, you can have them all, and you have 1 slot left over.

The drones body did not go down.

It got 2 mechanical arms (full) also. (see the errata)
The player will all a full load of Autosoft, Armor Concealed, Gecko tips, Improved Economy.

DireRadiant
QUOTE (Delarn @ Dec 15 2009, 05:13 PM) *
It got 2 mechanical arms (full) also. (see the errata)
The player will all a full load of Autosoft, Armor Concealed, Gecko tips, Improved Economy.

Autosofts, 0 slots
Armor Concealed 2 Slots p. 133
Gecko Tips 1 slot p. 136
Improved Economy 1 slot p. 136

So 4 slots, the Otomo has 6 slots since it has 6 body.
hahnsoo
Note that according to the rules in Arsenal, p129, the Body of a vehicle (or 4, whichever is higher) is the slot maximum before Overmodification rules. You can continue to add on modifications as long as it meets GM's approval, and you have sufficient equipment/time/materials (you need one step of tools above the usual unless it requires a facility, and at least x2 Threshold and Cost of parts). They suggest decreasing the performance of the vehicle in some manner when you overmodify.
Delarn
But adding body to a drone is impossible right ?
DWC
QUOTE (Delarn @ Dec 16 2009, 08:19 AM) *
But adding body to a drone is impossible right ?

Yes. Changing the body makes it a bigger drone. That's not a modification. If you want a higher body, change the name, increase the cost by an amount that "feels right" and call it a day.
Delarn
QUOTE (DWC @ Dec 16 2009, 01:28 PM) *
Yes. Changing the body makes it a bigger drone. That's not a modification. If you want a higher body, change the name, increase the cost by an amount that "feels right" and call it a day.

Ok I was thinking about the Otomo that is about the size of a human but has 6 body. Taking a bust a move and making it a little bigger (lets say Dwarf like) (body 3) how much would it cost ?
DWC
QUOTE (Delarn @ Dec 16 2009, 08:34 AM) *
Ok I was thinking about the Otomo that is about the size of a human but has 6 body. Taking a bust a move and making it a little bigger (lets say Dwarf like) (body 3) how much would it cost ?

That would cost whatever you and your GM decide it is worth.
Delarn
DWC, I'm the GM I'm looking for a rule.
DWC
QUOTE (Delarn @ Dec 16 2009, 08:48 AM) *
DWC, I'm the GM I'm looking for a rule.

There is no rule. The system is deliberately abstracted and lacks any of the internal consistency that it would need to have a system for designing and pricing vehicles.

How about the average (weighted by body) of the cost of a Bust a Move and an Otomo?
Delarn
That would be a nice way to see it. Thanks
AngelisStorm
Actually...

QUOTE ('Synner')
From my unedited notes (remember this should be considered unofficial until you see it published):

Structural Reinforcement (All): This modification represents a series of alterations to the frame and chassis of a vehicle or drone that combine to enhance its overall structural resilience. The changes usually involve the replacement of parts with higher tensile strength materials, addition of internal supports, struts or roll bars, and other general reinforcement of the vehicles structural integrity. Such modifications normally result in a heavier if sturdier vehicle, and come at the cost of speed and maneuverability. Each time this modification is taken increase the Body of the vehicle by 1 and reduce its Speed by 10%. This modification may be applied a maximum of three times.

Modification Slots Threshold Tools Cost Availability Special Skill
Structural reinforcement (max 3) 1 10 Shop 2.500Y 6 -

Just so that you know the option is out there, if you want to house rule it.
Delarn
So to say, You take a manservant, beef it to 6 body and mod it to become better. It will cost less ... but it will be slower ... bad ... Thanks for the info !
Delarn
if you take it 3 times, it gives 3 more body and gives you 3 more slots ? Or it take you 1 slot and give you 2 additional, or take 3 slots ?
Jaid
when i asked, i was told the increased body was not supposed to increase the number of mod slots.

i don't remember offhand if it was supposed to balance out or cost you slots... hang on, i'll go see what i can find.
Jaid
alright, well, here's the link.

so far as i can tell, it's not supposed to add slots, and costs 1 slot per body point increased. as to whether that was intended to have it have a net slot cost of 0 or not, it appears that it was not, but it wasn't considered a huge issue if you also increased the cost of the mod, from what i can tell.
Delarn
QUOTE (Jaid @ Dec 16 2009, 09:43 PM) *
alright, well, here's the link.

so far as i can tell, it's not supposed to add slots, and costs 1 slot per body point increased. as to whether that was intended to have it have a net slot cost of 0 or not, it appears that it was not, but it wasn't considered a huge issue if you also increased the cost of the mod, from what i can tell.

I'll use what I think best : For 2.5k it uses slots, for 10k it's a break even.

Thus making a bust a move with 4 open slots and having 4 body would cost a 30k more.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012