Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cermak Avenue...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Prototype
So, has anyone here ever visited the site of the Chicago nuke then?

I went a few years ago when I was in Chicago for a day or two and had a look about... just found an old photo I took at the time. Pretty blurry and you can't even make the street sign out but jeeze, it was a run down shit-hole! Just the kind of place you'd expect to find some bugs!
psyberian
I understand the FASA offices are (or were at least) across the street.
LouP
QUOTE (psyberian)
I understand the FASA offices are (or were at least) across the street.

This is in fact the case. The site of the "bomb" was a power plant located across the street from the building where the FASA offices were located, at 1100 W. Cermak.

We (meaning the Development staff, myself, Tom Dowd, Mike Mulvihill, and Bryan Nystul) could see the site of the nuke from our office. The close proximity to the FASA offices was supposed to be an "in joke".

Take Care,

Lou Prosperi
Former FASA Guy
Crimsondude 2.0
Holy crap, it's Lou.
Fortune
You really suck at lurking Lou! wink.gif biggrin.gif

Adam has a pic of the blast site on his web page. You can find it here. smile.gif
GoldenAri
Yeah, turns out Lou is the worst lurker in the world.
moosegod
If only he was worse...
Kagetenshi
On a side note, why is Lou not tagged as a Freedonia Expatriate?

~J, noticing Freedonian tags since 2035
L.D
But he is. biggrin.gif
Prototype
Yeah, I knew about the whole FASA offices gag, but it was 11pm at night so I didn't really consider dropping in for a visit!
JongWK
Afraid some bugs might take you in for a tour? wink.gif
Kagetenshi
Wow... I feel powerful. That's two people whose tags have changed immediately after I've mentioned them biggrin.gif

~J
LouP
QUOTE (moosegod)
If only he was worse...

Worse? You want me to be worse at lurking? I thought I was pretty bad at this...

I think the only thing that might make me worse was if there was more discussion of ED-related stuff as it relates to SR. wink.gif

On a slightly more serious note, I don't want to spoil things for anyone by giving away "secrets", and it's entirely possible that things have changed such that the information I have it out of date and incorrect. That's why I try to qualify what I say with "When I was at FASA..." or "it was originally...".

Take Care,

Lou Prosperi
Who's close to giving up on lurking since I'm so bad at it....
Pistons
So long as it doesn't impinge on your time, I don't think there are many who'd object if you gave up lurking. smile.gif Freedonian ex-pats are always welcome.

Cute joke. One of these days I'll have to dig around and see if there are more that simply haven't been discovered yet. I like finding (and placing) Easter eggs.
Prototype
Just wondering LouP, on a totally unrelated note... what's your particular favourite ED/SR link???

Fortune
QUOTE (Prototype)
...what's your particular favourite ED/SR link???

Although you didn't ask me, I can safely say that this is my favorite ED/SR link. biggrin.gif
LouP
QUOTE (Prototype)
Just wondering LouP, on a totally unrelated note... what's your particular favourite ED/SR link???

Hmmm... tough question.

My initial response was "the Dragons and Immortal Elves" but that's a bit too general, isn't it? Plus, they constitute the bulk of the connection between the two games, so I should probably be more specific.

I think it's the politics between the Dragons and IEs (and amongst the IEs) that intrigues me the most, and in particular, how the conflicts between Dragons and IEs manifest in both ED and SR. For instance, tensions between Alachia (and the Blood Wood in general) and the Dragons are pretty fierce in ED, but in SR they are far more cordial. I suppose 7,000 years will do that.

As a specific example, I think the history of Harlequin and the "Knights of the Crimson Spire" and how/if they become know as the "Knights of the Crying Spire" is pretty cool.

Take Care,

Lou Prosperi
Who's *this* close to giving up on lurking altogether!
Req
QUOTE (LouP)
Who's *this* close to giving up on lurking altogether!

I think I could support that action. Will anyone second the motion? smile.gif
L.D
I'll second! Gladly. smile.gif
Rev
Yea, the bug city sourcebook was really good.

That made a lot of sense once I found out FASA was in Chicago.
Paul
Time to bring this back from the dead nether regions of Shadowrun hell.

Say Lou you still kicking around here? Paul hopes Lou tagged this thread track...

I'd love to kick it with you sometime about Bug City for my newest Caimpaign, and more.
Abstruse
Hmmm...who else wants to get Lou and AH in a room together right about now? nyahnyah.gif

The Abstruse One
shadd4d
I just remember being in Chicago multiple times and being completely unable to even find a copy of Bug City. Sort of superstious.

PS. Does this spell check thing actually work?

Don
RangerJoe
I spent the past couple of years in Chi-town and the hairs on the back of my neck always stood up as I walked under the southern shadow of the Sears Tower. You never know when those Humanis goons are going to try something foolish....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012