Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OCC: Distant memories
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Silverspur_2020
As the drones goes past the sheds... you will be able to make out a couple of ships in the water which are obviously built for speed, plenty of security and cargo handling eqipment.
Callidus
Do I manage to catch any names on the bow or stern? *crosses fingers* *8->
Silverspur_2020
lol- dream on!! I may be a nice GM but im not that nice!!!! grinbig.gif
GunnerJ
Ace wants to lose the van and the drone using superior speed and manuevering, as well as careful use of cover and sensor sinks. I want to put the most control pool possible into every handling roll.
Silverspur_2020
hmmm... will do!

by the way, sorry for not posting the last day or so....had a bad day yesterday and today at work and ended up going down the gym for four hours to releve stress!!!
Silverspur_2020
Before I can carry on with Codec I need to know what rating that crashworm is, and how it works!
Mysterio
Before I can carry on with Codec I need to know what rating that crashworm is, and how it works!

Sent you an e-mail about it
Silverspur_2020
Sorry the posts werent much better... had a REALLY bad day at work yesterday and still recovering!
Mysterio
and all was eerily silent.....
Drain Brain
We're waiting for the big news - let us know what you found out (if you want to, that is) and we can go talk to Kitao... though I am a little concerned about Ace's tail - think we better do something about that, once we know about it. Erm...
Silverspur_2020
Well I am waiting for some creative writing from gunner and for mysterio to tell everone else.....
Callidus
Sorry been run off my feet at work recently I'll try and get a post in tomorrow though *8->
GunnerJ
Yeah, I've been, once again, busy as all hell, but I promise to have an IC-post up tomorrow. Sorry again, all.
Silverspur_2020
I wouldnt worry... everyone gets busy!! so we know how you feel....
GunnerJ
OOC, can I have a little more info about Ace's position relative to the Landrover, as well as his surroundings?
Silverspur_2020
Ok... time to draw a mental picture boys and girls!

Ace's van has just turned into this back road, this road through Ace's common knowledge of the streets leads into a run down trading estate (as he hasnt got that far from the industrial area along the coastline). At the moment he is driving north with the coastline to his west (or left hand side, whichever you prefer)... heading north will take him further into this industrial estate, this means that he would have quiet roads on which to lose the landrover on and room to manover, the downside to this is that the road surface is poor and as in any industrial estate there are plenty of dead ends! If Ace heads east he will head downtown into the city, this means roadsurfaces are better, less dead ends and plenty of escape routes... the downsides to this though is that there is a better chance of attracting the Lonestars attention and traffic can get heavy. The Landrover is about two hundred meters behind and the drone is about one hundred.... about one thousand meters in front is a crossroads with a car (facing south) indicating that its turning east toward the city.

hope thats a help... if not, moan that im a bad GM before getting me to explain stuff!! biggrin.gif

Drainbrain- hows that mission/campain of yours comming along?
Drain Brain
QUOTE (Silverspur_2020)
Drainbrain- hows that mission/campain of yours comming along?

Okay, but I wouldn't want to piss on your fire, so I feel I have a couple of weeks at teh very least to work out the kinks!
Silverspur_2020
Fair enough! - but I am more then happy to GM one with you guys and then play in another as well!!! there are no rules as to how many games we can run at once!! but as you say... no hurry! as things stand if they go well and everyone is happy with their charecters then I am happy to take on a campaign (as long as I can play once in a while)
GunnerJ
I'll get an IC post up tonight. Sorry about the delay, but, blah blah work blah, also, I had to come up with some sort of plan...
GunnerJ
All right, sorry for skipping on my promise, but could I have a more detailed description of the situation OOC? Not that the original wasn't good, but if I'm going to make a plan, I'll need a little more info.
Silverspur_2020
Well let me know what info you need and i will provide it... you can do it with a privert messege or something if you would prefer. but it saves me writing lots out that may not be what you want to hear.... ask me a set of questions (or even more generally just be specific about what you want me to talk about) and I will answer it all happily!
Drain Brain
Silverspur (and assorted others) -

Sorry if anything I have written comes out other than anyone would have intended - I'm just trying to move the plot along from our end so we can get out on the street and help out Ace if need be... wink.gif
Mysterio
I'm okay with it. I was just waiting to see what will happen to Ace. The suspense is killing me!
Callidus
I'm fine with it, I'd just say to silverspur.... could I have lofted 'Albatross' (the sensor 4 mini-blimp drone) to follow our transport and dicretely watch us. And also sent the other mini-blimp to fly a couple of passes about the southern areas of Seattle (south of downtown and avoiding SeaTac and the military base) to alert my deck if it spots Ace's van..... assuming I can give it a sensible description of it so it does alert me every couple of minutes? Just a nat worried about a team mate possibly being tailed and in radio/phone silence *8->
Silverspur_2020
You can't have done it retrospectively (thats a long word for me at this time of night!) but you can do it now... although depending on speed it will take time to get to the relative area.

GunnerJ
I'll have my reply nonsense up by tonight.
GunnerJ
I feel sort of like there are few moves I can make that won't result in me getting my ass handed to me, but that's OK, I just don't want to derail the run.

One issue that worries me is something I've PMed Silver about...
Silverspur_2020
The phone call that Gunner has made WILL interupt the meeting with Kiteo... and I will also point out that yes, this is a well paid run... but yes, you will have to earn your money!
Drain Brain
Just a thought. The `Military' guys who are after Ace just might be Airforce, given his past.
If so, why not capture them, nick their uniforms and go steal a fighter jet?

It might come in handy for blowing things up - boats for example?
Rakshasa
Flip and Seeoh just knew Codec would say that and with a stutter. biggrin.gif
Silverspur_2020
Can I have a perception check from gunner please?
Callidus
*8->

Silver the flux on my deck'll go up to 18 which I think is something like 10-20 miles, I'll have to check when I get back home to my books, if the farms outta range just yell and I'll redo the post.... *8-< damn I knew I shoulda got some AV hehe joke!
Silverspur_2020
Well I would say that you ONLY JUST inside range, so the signal is fairly weak at the moment, but as soon as you start closing up the distance then it will get better.
Callidus
Groovey, on the plus side having grabbed my books I think the only situational mod is urban environment, unless there's some jamming going on or it's raining *8-> in which case my range is about 44km... although to be honest Greasey'll be using the least he can as a flux of that size is prolly gonna raise too many flags he doesn't want tracing to him *8->
Drain Brain
We're meant to have a PLAN? I thought we were just gonna' you know, rush in there guns blazin' and stuff. Cavalry style! Now you say we need a PLAN???

Oh well...

SIX pronged assault, right? How about this?

1: Seeoh takes all the meat-bods she can see with mass blindness...

2: Greasey MIJI's the smeg out of the enemy rigger...

3: Ace does a bit of Ram-Raiding - up the ramp to kill the drone...

4: Bluebird can either snipe the enemy or aim high in case the enemy air-support tracker drone catches up...

5: Flip can go in for the kill either with the soldiers or, since he'll be occupied sorting out point 2, sneak up on the van and clobber the rigger's meat-bod.

6: Codec can wait with the Chevy, cowering, and ready to haul ass in for some getaway driving. This should be interesting, since I don't know whether or not he can actually drive...
Silverspur_2020
Well thats assuming he is still there when you get there... dont forget I am waiting on that perception check from him!
Silverspur_2020
I hate to do the big bad GM bit... but your going to have to forget that last post, as I still havent had the perception check from Ace and I need to know what he is doing once he has made that check, if you think about this as passing time... he has only just put the phone down on you, and yet you already seem to be there. Make sence?
Drain Brain
Perfect sense... just getting ahead of ourselves I guess.

Sorry!
Rakshasa
I think it's only Seeoh that's in the vicinity of Ace. The Chevvy is still a mile or so away, as the crow flies. The Team took off from the farm as soon as they knew Ace was in deep merde, and it's around 8 miles from farm to city.
Like I said, Seeoh's bike will get/got through the back doubles, while Flip & Co. will have to go by main streets.
GunnerJ
Did you want me to do the roll? Here are the results:

16 03 04 05 01 02
Silverspur_2020
And its the 16 that seals the deal!

You realise that one of the men making his way up behind the van (at 7 o'clock) is in fact somebody who you trained with at the air academy. Which means that logically so is everybody else here.

You always thought a few of them were jealous over you getting the implant and them not!
GunnerJ
SHEEEEEEEEIIIIIIT....
Silverspur_2020
ork.gif hehehe... looks like you guys are going to have your work cut out... what with having both these guys AND the Eighty Eights to deal with!
Rakshasa
May I know if Seeoh's Invisibility spell worked? I don't like to assume anything this close to heavily armed, potential, Bad Guys.
GunnerJ
I'll be busy prepping to go home today and will try to have something up be tomorrow.
Silverspur_2020
Well I was waiting to see what was happening with Ace....

Rakasha- make the rolls and post them up on here, and just remember, if you cheat your only cheating yourself! biggrin.gif
Rakshasa
As if I would. Besides, Drain Brain stood over me while I rolled the dice.

Seeoh's Improved Invisibility Spell casting - Target Number = 4.

Given :- 7 die for Sorcery Skill + 2 die for Illusion Spell Bonus + 6 Spell Pool Die = 15 die

Since Seeoh is not in combat, and her dice pool will refresh immediately if she does get into combat, she elects to use her entire dice pool to cast the Spell, this time.

Dice Results

1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 8, 9. = 7 successes

Seeoh is Invisible

Drain Resistance Test - Target Number 3

Given :- 6 Willpower Die

1, 1, 3, 4, 4, 11 = 4 successes - Drain stages down to Nil Drain

Seeoh is unaffected by casting the Spell

Bad Guys need 4 or more on a Perception Test to spot Seeoh

GunnerJ
Really, really sorry. I'm posting now.

UPDATE: I actually did an INT roll to see if Ace would think of the possibility of the tap coming from an invisible Seeoh... all crap. So, I'm going ahead with the original plan I PMed you about, Silver.
Callidus
Just to be a pest Silver, any chance you could let me know roughly how far away the two condors are to Ace and where about the van has got to? Just so I do't post something horribly out of time or rely on backup that's 30 mins away *8->
Rakshasa
And Seeoh's going to feel like a complete prat if Ace drives off without her. Still, she always was impatient..tough!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012