Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OCC: Distant memories
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Silverspur_2020
my fingers hurt after that long post...so over to you guys!
Mysterio
Just figured that since I'm not at the farm yet, I needed to get into the action eek.gif
Silverspur_2020
hehehe... sorry! I had forgotten to put you in at the farm...I did mean to! I was going to put a post about you being online
Mysterio
That's okay us deckers usually go unnoticed ha ha cyber.gif
GunnerJ
Silver: please check your PMs!
Drain Brain
Hey there!

Just letting you know that I abstained from posting to the IC now, since there's nothing to say that hasn't already been said for me!

Also, I'll send you a copy of my sheet, boss, since you seem to think I'm under-equipped! (ooh-er!) I've been picking up bits and pieces through the run and updated my sheet as we went, complete with annotations of when and where these things were acquired... so you'll see I'm not cheating!
Callidus
Silver, just wondering if you wanted anymore info or for me to make any changes 'cos it's all gone a bit quiet.... "too quiet" said custard *8->
Rakshasa
Boss, d'you want the Team to make the meet or will you (Bluebird) do it? If the former, a leeetle more info on where and when would be good please.
Rakshasa
Well, since the Boss seems to be AWOL, we'll do it anyway.

Boss, feel free to change our submission if it doesn't fit your scenario.

Seeoh and Flip
GunnerJ
As far as I know, Ace hasn't recieved any offer for work. I'll re-read Silver's description of Ace's first ride with the "new" van, though. I was waiting for confirmation on a few things that I PMed Silver about before I posted.

Well, I guess I could just dictate a few things myself... I'll post later today.
Rakshasa
Gunner, we thought about that but wanted to get something going so made the assumption that Ace would have stopped by the farm for a visit or sommat.

Also, there's the matter of Callidus joining us. Presumably the Boss will introduce the other Rigger by way of Mr Kitao???

GunnerJ
Gunner, we thought about that but wanted to get something going so made the assumption that Ace would have stopped by the farm for a visit or sommat.

No, don't worry about it, it's cool. I just hope we here from Silver soon, I'm getting a bit worried.
GunnerJ
I took a little creative licence with the vision. Hope Silver doesn't mind...
Silverspur_2020
Sorry everyone!!! I havent stopped because real life has been WAY to busy.... between work and seeing people I havent had a chance! So you all have my humble apolagise and I will post tonight after I get back from work at about 9:30pm.

I havent read the IC posts yet... but I will do that before I leave for work so that I can spend the evening thinking about what to reply when I should be working!!! in regards to your questions...

Callidus - you will be introduced at the meet and we will take your charecter from there (although if you have been observent you will notice that it was actually your charecter who did the work on Ace's van!). I have read through what you sent me and it all looks fine for now! -but I will double check it when I get a chance.

Gunner- thanks for sending me those rules, I cant see any reason why not to put them in place! can I just have your wish list via email please as so far the only thing I know you have bought is the VCR for the van.

Drain Brain- I was REALLY impressed with your email...I think I replied to it!! (cant remember) but in short, all of your suggestions seem fine and your wish list is being sorted out... I will check how long it takes for your things to arrive and will write it in or out of IC accordingly.

Sorry once again!!! - but you know how real life takes hold sometimes!!
Silverspur_2020
sorry-would have posted yesterday but the website was down
Silverspur_2020
Just want to point out Gunner... it wasnt a covert insult, because the other team of runners were blamed for generating all that attention while you were there, and it was advertised as such. So as far as Mr Kiteo is concerned... you guys are good
Callidus
K, I'll post asap, prolly about lunchtime... if I manage to get a lunch break.... *8-> And I was wondering if that was me doing the van *8-> Here's to drone fun heh
Silverspur_2020
Yeah it was, in the first post when Ace picks up his van it was you who did the work on it... I did it because then at least one charecter knows your legit and not working secretly for Mr Kiteo.

Gunner- by the way, Ace didnt actually speak to his superviser about that plane he "remembered"... he stumbled across it in a hanger.
GunnerJ
Just want to point out Gunner... it wasnt a covert insult, because the other team of runners were blamed for generating all that attention while you were there, and it was advertised as such. So as far as Mr Kiteo is concerned... you guys are good

Oh, I know that. For Ace, however, the liberal amount of explosives used sticks out in his mind.

by the way, Ace didnt actually speak to his superviser about that plane he "remembered"... he stumbled across it in a hanger.

Oh well. But... who knows how his memory got scrambled up? He could remember anything as happening! [/semiplausiblecover] grinbig.gif
Silverspur_2020
just to point out.. the payment is 10,000 as a group.. not each!

I could have been annoying and kept quiet...but I figured that was TO mean!
Rakshasa
Seeoh & Flip assumed everyone said Yeah, sorry if we pre-empted anything.

Cheapskate Yakuza. Only 10K for the whole run! smile.gif
Drain Brain
We could also think about asking around with some of the top-tier independent gangs like the Ancients or the Cutters - they have some crossover of turf with the Eighty-Eights, don't they?
Callidus
The Ancients aren't really independant *cough*Tir Tanguire*cough* but probably a good idea.... oh and I'm assuming you're going to give Greasy either directions to the farm or at least a phone number, either that or he's gonna stalk ya *8->

Any drug dealer or so on contacts might have some links and maybe street docs, failing that shadowland should have a fair amount of info on it about them although that''s a bit more Codec's field *8->
Drain Brain
Callidus: Hadn't sussed at the time whether you were independently mobile or not, and we didn't want to have to back track the story! If the answer to the above question is Yes, then follow the leader. If no, grab a lift with one of us!

Of course, I have now read your post and realise that you'll be following... right little procession we've got going, huh?
Callidus
S'okay, got transport, and as far as I can tell from rigger 3 it looks kinda like a ford transit *8-> and until we get out of the middle of town its in basically UPS colours then fades to just a dark grey. Gotta love photovoltic paint *8->
Callidus
Sending the Condor (Albatross) up high about 50m and the Bloodhound (Shnauser) for ground level scouting. Making sure that the bloodhound can see the track up to the farm houses. Both with orders to warning me of anything approaching within 300m of the farmhouses, basically to get the intercom on the RCD to bleep loudly.

Vehicle Stealth for Albatross (If applicable): 10,8,5,4,3,3,1 (std sig 10)
Vehicle Stealth for Shnauser (If applicable): 8,5,4,4,3,3,3 (std sig 4)

If it becomes necessary Albatross is running a Clearsight autosoft rating 2 and their both sensor 4
Rakshasa
Running isn't all shooting and dying ya know. Someone has to be domestic! smile.gif
Drain Brain
Hot-darn, only just noticed!!! Callidus being from the UK, that makes it a 2:1 ratio in our favour!!!! Way cool... At least I know who to call on when I get around to running my London-based game!
Silverspur_2020
A london based game does sound cool... At least that way we could use real maps to base the runs on... so we can actually direct people down particular streets, A roads or motorways
Callidus
Sweet *8-> although London is a bit of a trek but I'd prolly be up for it for SR *8->
Silverspur_2020
Im confused now... is the IC mission going to take place in london? or is london where we would meet up in person to play a mission?

And by the way Callidus, I went to uni in Hamshire... well...by uni I mean acredited college (winchester)
Callidus
Well I went to Manchester for uni but now I'm back here in Fleet halfway up the M3 *8-> although trying to get back to good ol' manc *8->
GunnerJ
Question: Besides a VCR, an RC Deck and a drone or vehicle outfitted for remote control, nothing else is required for drone rigging, right? And the skill used is the vehicle skill that corresponds to the drone's type?
Silverspur_2020
yeah sounds about right to me.... but even if you dont have the skill now, there is nothing to stop you learning it!
GunnerJ
Ace should be able to handle any roto, vectored thrust, or fixed wing aircraft expertly, and is competant with vehicles based off of basic car frames.
Rakshasa
Seeoh's CONTACT:
---Alfred Gant, Ex Sailor, former Boatswain's Mate, Night watchman at the Palace of Gold, aka Golden Palace, a sleazy nightclub for jaded Businessmen. level 1
Callidus
Sweet, got two roto drones you'll enjoy and a couple of wheeled ones *8-> If nothing else I got a spare RCD and I'd prefer that if things kick off badly that another rigger was piloting one of the combat drones rather than it pilot... *shudder* *8-> Time to indulge Ace's flying habit *8->
Drain Brain
Sorry, I wasn't clear - I'm planning on running a PBP game based IC in London - it's just that RL Brits will probably be first choices for me player-wise, since that ol' Pond-Gap won't need to be overcome... two nations seperated by a common language and all that... wink.gif
Drain Brain
Me again!

Just posted IC... wanted to explain my personal plan...

Gonna go call my dealer, find out if my gear is ready for collection yet. Then, as I explained to the guys, head on over to the best concentration of Chinese culture I can find and hit whatever gymnasium or Dojo I can find...

I figure that Flip's not flexed his true muscles in the last mission - in fact theoretically, Ace, Codec and Bluebird probably wouldn't even know he's a PhysAd! Might as well put all that chop-socky to some good use by impressing the locals into coughing up some info...

Mr Carradine, eat your heart out... Flip is here!
Silverspur_2020
Gunner, can you post Ace's charecter sheet to me please? (jon_ridgeway@hotmail.com)

Callidus
Just as a bit of back ground info, Silver, any idea how long it's gonna take to transfer a gun from one drone to another? Rigger 3 doesn't seem to cover it.... or fitting a gun for that matter *8-< The guns are already converted for drone use i just need to dismount them from one set of drones and attach them to aanother couple....
Rakshasa
Just a little poetic licence Boss. I'm assuming Seeoh can get a shift at the Palace....pleese?
Silverspur_2020
by the way, the email address I gave was wrong as it wont except the email from someone that isnt on my contact list with that account... send it to jon_ridgeway@yahoo.co.uk

If the both the drone and the weopon have been set up for that reason, then I would say it takes five minutes to dismount and remount the gun. I will be wanting a gunnery build/repair roll made with difficulty 2 (fairly easy as its something you have done many times before!)

I cant think of any good reasons why Seeoh wouldnt be able to get a shift there...although she wont be paid for it!!
Drain Brain
Just a note - in this combat, killing hands = BAD THING. Not using that power! Don't want to kill the bugger, just teach him to smile nice...

That is, of course, unless he looks like he's winning. Then I might throw a single shot at full yield - give him something to think about... muahahahahaha!

Flip will also be keeping an eye on his surroundings, in case anything goes pear shaped. Also, trying to assess whether this guy might have Triad links and/or be a physical adept himself...

FIGHT! Rar!!!
Rakshasa
Can't Seeoh at least keep the tips - 10% of the tab????? smile.gif
Silverspur_2020
yeah ok...tips it is....
Rakshasa
Boss, Seeoh knowledge - . --Gang Identification (Seattle: Local): 2-- if that helps?
Drain Brain
Just a thought...

Don't want to risk hurting nasty Triad pride. If Flip makes the judgement that this guy is probably a Triad, then he'll fight with the aim of losing - fight well, and make sure the fight goes on as long as possible, but either lose or end the fight feigning defeat... Don't want to get them pissed off!
Callidus
Sorry about the wait for me to post the end of last week was uber hectic but hopefully this week should be better *8-> I'll either extend my post later today or I'll post again when he gets back to the farm
GunnerJ
I have a metric assload of work to do this week, so my participation will be a bit constrained for a while. Until Friday night at the earliest.

Sorry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012