Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Conversion from D20 system to Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Manunancy
As in the title, I'm looking for a conversion from D20 to Shadowrun - I like the Iron Kingdoms D20 setting, but I don't like the D20 rules and I thougt Shadowrun might fit the bill without too much tinkering.

Has someone, somewher already done a D20-to-Shadowrun port ? And if so wher can I get my hands on it ?

Andinel
I don't think there is a direct way. The best way in my opinion would be to just remake characters that have similar abilities to the ones from Iron Kingdoms. d20 system and SR are so completely different that I don't think a straight translation is even possible.
Kovu Muphasa
DON"T DO IT MAN! grinbig.gif
Unless you are ready to spend the next...
How long have been trying, 1995
14+ years.
The best you can do is going the D&D are fluff books route.
When you cut out the Cyber stuff Magicaly Active Dominate.
Synner667
Doing a direct conversion is not recommended, as it rarely takes into account any quirks of the system.

However, if you do insist on that, there's a post on my forum that relates to direct conversion between RPGs.

Enjoy !!
ShadowPavement
I'd say it would probably be easier to use something like the free Risus system to do your IK game in. And it's simple enough that you can easily write new rules for it.
Randian Hero
Have you thought about the Warhammer pen and paper game? I think that uses a D6 system similar to Shadowrun's, and the setting is basically just Iron Kingdoms.
ShadowPavement
There is also WEG's D6 Fantasy which is for free right now at RPGnow.com
hahnsoo
Not only are the d20 and Shadowrun systems fundamentally incompatible, but too much of Shadowrun system is tied into the Shadowrun setting overall.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012