Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paranormal Animals
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BullBear
Hey all,
We're starting a campaign where the PCs are 'big game' smugglers. Should our group invest in the old Paranormal Animals of North America/Europe, or is Fanpro cooking something up for 3rd edition? Should we wait?

Thanks!
Dax
Well, if your lucky enough to have the 3rd Edition DM screen on your hands, it comes with the Critters mini source book, which gives you all the stats on the various Parinormal critters in the 6th world.

The only down side with that book is that is has next to zip on flavor text on the same creatures. So if you want something to sink your teeth into, I'd suggest going after the old Parinormal Creatures books.
Siege
I have to second the "get the old book" motion.

Just the in-character blurbs make the book a hysterical read.

-Siege
Namergon
Also the old sourcebook provided information on where paranimals can be found in their natural habitat, interesting information for smugglers I guess...

And illustrations for each critter, and a size scale illustration too (critter compared to urban mage of SR1 and SR2 rule books).
Dax
And don't forget. Nothing says "get off my back" then feeding a character to a Megaladon...or a Kraken.
Kanada Ten
Fanpro is working on a Third Edition book called Running Wild, but who knows when that will come out.
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
Fanpro is working on a Third Edition book called Running Wild, but who knows when that will come out.

The other concept images are pretty interesting, too.
moosegod
amazon.com has three, I think.

Since I just ordered mine, it may be 2.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012