Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Airburst Grenades
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Falar
Howdy all!

Just a quick question - I was looking over grenade launchers and figuring out how to optimize them and the Combat rules in SR4A (p155) says an Airburst Link decreases the scatter to 2d6 - 1 per net hit - Sensor rating meters of scatter. But if you flip to the Airburst Link on p322, it says it reduces it to a 1d6.

Soooo, basically, the question is ... which is it?

Also ... the Airburst Link says that it is a Smartgun accessory ... and the Smartgun system doesn't really appear to list its Sensor rating for the Airburst Link. Is this 3 off the normal Device Rating or is it written down somewhere?

Thanks!
Shinobi Killfist
You will need an errata to get a real answer, but for me I'd say Grenades drop it down to 1d6, rockets/missiles use 2d6, if the player does not yell "GRENADE" as the grenade is fired on his turn bump it up to 10d6.
Falar
I was afraid of that. Thanks though!
crizh
It's a proofreading error. None of the playtesters of SR4A noticed that the scatter changes needed to be reflected in the text of airburst link. The text of the actual scatter table is presumably what the rules are currently intended to be.
Falar
That's what I presumed, but I wanted to be sure. After all, assumption ... you know ... makes something out of you and me.

What about the Sensor question anyone?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012