Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Running on a Grid
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
LivingOxymoron
Has anyone used a battlemat to run SR combat? Though there are no explicit rules that I've found in the sourcebooks, I imagine that it is possible.

My only question is: What scale do you use? 1 square/hex per meter? More? I've got the huge, dining-room table sized mat and I'm considering using that scale.
Brazilian_Shinobi
1 hex per meter sounds about right, although I keep asking myself if Trolls should occupy 2 hex or just one.
Kovu Muphasa
We usaly play on a Map.
-The D&D Tiles can work and we use the one with the sewer all the time.
-The Star Wars Tiles work well to.
-paizo Games puts out some good ones. You can also use dry erase markers on them

We go between 1 square is 1m to 1 square is 2m depending on how tight it is.
When you use the 1”=2m you can get away with Hot-Wheels for cars.
For Vehicle Chase Combat we just place the vehicles on the mat and say that each square is 10m-100m and just move them back and forth based on how the chase is going.

As far as figures, we go everywhere for them.
-D&D Minis: Some Work [There Spirit Naga is a perfect SR Naga and their elementals are great spirits]
-Star Wars Mini’s: Some Work [Solo is perfect]
-WoW Mini’s: The Trolls are just right
-Halo/Horror/Hero-Clicks: they work real well, you just have to rebase them.
-WH40k Guard makes good Uniformed Minis [There Orgyn with a Ripper Gun is a Great Troll with an Enfield AS7 in Light Security Armor]
-Just Goggle 28mm Sci-Fi and you will find a Crap load out there.

Other searches
-Soda Pop Miniature
-Infinity Miniatures

tagz
I'll pull out the grid for combat sometimes, mostly dependent on the souroundings. The more complex it is the more likely I'll use the grid to make sure everyone is on the same page.

As for scale, I change that wildly. Sometimes a square will be a meter like in an alley way. Other times it will be 5m per square if it's a large open area like the "park" (more like poorly kept field with snipers and guard dogs) for the wage slaves between the fence and the corp building. One time I had my troll adept running across a minefield while getting mortars fired at him and set the scale at 10m a square since if he was within that distance of the mortar shot I was considering him "hit" by shrapnel. I'm not sure what I'd use as scale for driving.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012