Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Man of Action, Program of Actions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Androcomputus
Things I understand so far...

Matrix and RL use different initiatives...

But on page 218 of the shadowrun core rule book, it mentions how a hacker can access a number of nodes equal to twice his system rating...

The next line bothers me the most. It states, "If there's ever any need to make a test for a persona in a node that the user has accessed but us not currently "active" in (in other words, his attention is focused on his persona's activities in another node), then the test should only use the appropriate program rating or computer attribute, and not the user's skill."

Does this mean with a system rating of 6 I can access 12 nodes, and with 3 initiative passes, have 36 actions?

Or does this mean I can access 12 nodes yet only perform 1 free action and 2 simple actions (or one complex action) per initiative pass (so with 3 initiative passes 3 free actions and 6 simple actions split upon 12 different nodes). While the "nonactive persona" taking test on things I have not spent actions on like being detected (I would only roll my stealth program and not my hacking skill and my stealth program).
Ascalaphus
QUOTE (Androcomputus @ Dec 30 2009, 11:59 PM) *
Matrix and RL use different initiatives...

Well, they use different traits to calculate initiative; they still happen in the same round.

Does this mean with a system rating of 6 I can access 12 nodes, and with 3 initiative passes, have 36 actions?

No

Or does this mean I can access 12 nodes yet only perform 1 free action and 2 simple actions (or one complex action) per initiative pass (so with 3 initiative passes 3 free actions and 6 simple actions split upon 12 different nodes). While the "nonactive persona" taking test on things I have not spent actions on like being detected (I would only roll my stealth program and not my hacking skill and my stealth program).

Yes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012