Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Robot bears?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MrOramri
Ok, my stepdad who is new to shadowrun is playing a rigger when I described to him what a rigger does he imediatly came up with the idea of having giant mechanical bears with machine guns to control as his robots. I told him I had no idea how I would create these "robot bears" so I came here. How would one make the bears and have them have the attributes of a bear and giant machine guns attached to it, also would this work?
zeborazor
lmao, I like his style.
Kovu Muphasa
Use a Dalmation with the Walker Mod
Ascalaphus
Take a drone that's about similar in size and vaguely fits the description, then describe how Rival Company Inc. has their own version of that drone, conveniently bear-shaped. With the same stats, of course.
Jaid
QUOTE (Kovu Muphasa @ Dec 30 2009, 09:03 PM) *
Use a Dalmation with the Walker Mod

dalmations are the flying ones. you sure you didn't mean doberman?

(in any event, i would actually use steel lynx as the base, personally... and then do what Ascalaphus suggested. if you *really* want, and if you own arsenal, you could put in legs for locomotion instead of wheels i suppose)
Udoshi
I'd use a steel lynx instead of a doberman. The body 4 is larger, and hence more bear like. Just say it looks like a bear, and you're good.
Karoline
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Dec 30 2009, 10:36 PM) *
I'd use a steel lynx instead of a doberman. The body 4 is larger, and hence more bear like. Just say it looks like a bear, and you're good.

That'd be my suggestion. Use Arsenal to add in walker mod and perhaps an extra machine gun, or maybe gripper arms (As the forepaws) to hold a real machine gun while another rests on its shoulder (As the mounted one). Perhaps the 'pimped out' mod would be appropriate as well.
Kovu Muphasa
One our player has a Doberman that is basicaly shaped like one, she even covered it in faux fur.
I dies every run though, it has started to become a running gag, now at the end of every run it just randomly explodes [when this happens we don't charge her for the replacement]
Brazilian_Shinobi
And if he someday decides to use ACTUAL bears, you may use the bio-drones rules on augmentation (those things are AWESOME cyber.gif )
Udoshi
QUOTE (Karoline @ Dec 30 2009, 08:55 PM) *
That'd be my suggestion. Use Arsenal to add in walker mod and perhaps an extra machine gun, or maybe gripper arms (As the forepaws) to hold a real machine gun while another rests on its shoulder (As the mounted one). Perhaps the 'pimped out' mod would be appropriate as well.

Hm. Mechanical Arm - for two slots should work. You can even cram a Smartlink in there on the cheap(if you're using the Full Limbs get Cyberlimb Goodies optional rule), and get bonus dice. Mechanical grapplers and limbs can be used to melee. Custom Looks to look like a bear.
If you add in Anti-Theft it can even zap people who try to fight back.
LivingOxymoron
I don't know why, but the first thing I thought of (right after OMFG, teh AWESOME!) was this:

http://sale.images.woot.com/X-treme_Nation...rkdznDetail.png
D2F
Biodrones, anyone?
nezumi
Sounds like someone has been reading Dr. McNinja.

Just make a custom walker drone using the rules in Rigger 3 and pay a little extra for cosmetic mods.
BishopMcQ
The new Kumakuro drone on the market from Shiawase is the latest in biodrone assets. Designed for perimeter defense and interdiction, the Kumakuro is the leading design for remote installations in mountainous or wooded terrain. Ask about our reasonable training rates!

B---A--R-------S---C--I--L--W---EDG---ESS----Init----IP
14--6--6(10)--15--3--3--2--3----0------1.94----7(11)-1 (3)
Movement: 15/45
Skills: Climbing 4, Intimidation 2, Perception 3, Running 2, Tracking 3, Unarmed Combat 5
Powers: Enhanced Senses (Smell), Natural Weapon (Claws/Bite: DV 8P, AP 0)
Warform Modifications: Attribute Enhancement (Body, Agility, Reaction, Strength), Skill Enhancement (Climbing, Unarmed Combat)
Cyberware: (all Alpha-grade) CAST, SEIES, Stirrup Interface 2, Submachine Gun, Taser

Availability 20F
Cost: 294,500 :nuyen:

For our more budget conscious purchasers, Shiawase introduces the Kumakuroji drone. Fully modified to appear as natural as possible, the Kumakuroji transitions from shambling bear to heavily armed military asset in a matter of seconds.

Large legged Drone
Handling -- Accel -- Speed -- Pilot -- Body -- Armor -- Sensor -- Avail --- Cost
+1----------8/20 -=-- 60 ------ 3 ----- 4 -------- 9 -------- 3 ------ 16F --- 10,000¥

Weapon Mount (concealed, fixed, remote control), Walker Modification,
Autosofts: Defense 3, Targeting 3
MrOramri
QUOTE (Brazilian_Shinobi @ Dec 30 2009, 07:18 PM) *
And if he someday decides to use ACTUAL bears,

That was his first idea but i talked him into robot ones.
MrOramri
QUOTE (Brazilian_Shinobi @ Dec 30 2009, 07:18 PM) *
And if he someday decides to use ACTUAL bears,

That was his first idea but i talked him into robot ones.
double post
lordnth
I told my wife, she got a giggle. Now she wants to know what kind of bear? Brown, Black, Red Panda?

Red Panda with Heavy Pistols concealed in the forearms. Yeah I have a new drone to attack my players with >:)
Kovu Muphasa
Care Bears with Chest Mounted Pain Enducers
Jaid
QUOTE (Kovu Muphasa @ Dec 31 2009, 10:57 PM) *

if you give it nanotrode sprayers pre-subscribed to a sim module, with the right accompanying program you can actually make them care silly.gif
toturi
QUOTE (Kovu Muphasa @ Jan 1 2010, 11:57 AM) *

A whole row of them going, "Carebears countdown! 5, 4, 3..."
crash2029
QUOTE (lordnth @ Dec 31 2009, 10:31 PM) *
I told my wife, she got a giggle. Now she wants to know what kind of bear? Brown, Black, Red Panda?

Red Panda with Heavy Pistols concealed in the forearms. Yeah I have a new drone to attack my players with >:)

Koala?
Tsuul
Add a hat and a circus ball and you qualify for the Signature negative quality (provided it dances for the cameras)!
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Brazilian_Shinobi @ Dec 31 2009, 05:18 AM) *
And if he someday decides to use ACTUAL bears, you may use the bio-drones rules on augmentation (those things are AWESOME cyber.gif )

especially when comboed up with running wild, for those extra "animals" wink.gif

btw, here is a real life artillery shell carrying grizzly:
http://www.atom.com/blog/2009/02/17/an-ode...oldier-in-wwii/

there was some crazy stuff going during WW2...
toturi
I was re-reading Running Wild - Warform VGI Drop Bear Bio-drones.
hobgoblin
weaponized drop bears, love it silly.gif
toturi
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jan 2 2010, 07:02 AM) *
weaponized drop bears, love it silly.gif

Available at all Weapon Worlds. Get one today!
Kovu Muphasa
Just make sure you have the smuggling compartment for lunch
hobgoblin
btw, how about this?
http://fashionablygeek.com/t-shirts/rambea...1-first-shoots/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012