Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Glitches
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MrOramri
As a game master what are some of your favorite outcomes of a glitch or critical glitch that you did?

mine for example was in a car chase and a thug in the car that was chasing my players glitched, the out come was shooting the radio of the car jamming it to blast country music inside the car making everyone suffer -1 die to all rolls.
zeborazor
I rolled to jump onto a hanging ladder of a helicopter which was tailing me and our pysad on a bike. Actually thats not when the glitch happened. I was hanging on the ladder directly above a enemy troll, and directly below the enemy mage (in the copter.) I attempted shooting the troll off the ladder but missed, the mage then hit me with a manabolt which exceeded my body, so naturally I was 'knocked down.' Though my gm allowed a gymnastics+agi to catch the end of the ladder. I actually caught it! Next IP though the troll swung and hit me with his sword and once again exceeded my body, I had so many wound modifiers at this point, I was rolling like 3 dice, and a I critically glitched. Foot caught in the end of the rope ladder and I was flung into a nearby building. At this point the kamikaze I had taken wore off and I laid, almost dead with so many negatives I doubt I could have rolled high enough to find my own ass.
Shot
As a gm i found the glitches especially critical glitches hardly ever happen and the most a glitch does is put a character back a roll or a dud bullet. though when something critically glitches i often times get too excited to think of anything good for affect. But a few that have left some fine memories is when the troll CG a jump onto a enemy npcs car effectively killing the car anyways as a massive troll speed bump came out of no where. other fun time was was when my PCs where trying to land a NPC that they were protecting in a dumpster while flying and again instead ended up making a speed bump for their pursuers. But common CGs get a gun explodes, drone goes rouge, and insistent dumped from the matrix. Oh and for mages hehe massive back fire, uncontrollable power, or free spirit summon.
tagz
They used to happen all the time in my group... till we found out we were doing it wrong. Now we never see them *sigh*.

One great streak was one PC of mine was escaping a LS manhunt. He was going down a fire escape and I told him to make a climbing test for the vertical ladder since he was in a hurry. Well, he critically glitched so I had him fall and land on his head doing a small amount of extra falling damage. So rubs his head, gets up and goes over to a manhole cover planning to escape into the sewer. I have him do a strength + body test to move it. He crit glitches again so I gave him a hernia (-2 all actions). So he gives up on the sewers and waddles over to a dumpster, crawls in and casts invisibility on himself and hopes they don't notice him. He waits about 3 hours then gets out and makes his way back into the building to check up on an NPC. After that he goes to the roof, magically heals his hernia, and decides to ask his mentor spirit seductress what he should do. I played up the "resist temptation" angle and had her say: "Oh... Poor baby... Know what will make you feel better? Cram. Know what will make the cram better? Doing it off a hooker's ass. Let's go find us some cram and hookers, kay love?" He decides HIMSELF he needs a willpower test to resist... and critically glitches. So while being hunted for murdering a Lone Star officer our hero was out doing cram off hooker's asses in a limo.

Sometimes I wish we didn't figure out the right way to handle glitches... those were fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012