Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Real Dragons?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Catsnightmare
I found this link elsewhere.
'Supposedly' someone found a baby dragon preserved in a glass jar.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/01/28/....html?from=top5
FlakJacket
Probably a fake. Need to doing some chopping and splicing to check. Just seems a little to 'cutesy' and exactly what most people think of as when you mention dragons to be real. Although I suppose it could be some species no-one's run across or genetic anomaly.
toturi
QUOTE (FlakJacket)
Probably a fake. Need to doing some chopping and splicing to check. Just seems a little to 'cutesy' and exactly what most people think of as when you mention dragons to be real. Although I suppose it could be some species no-one's run across or genetic anomaly.

Somebody's been doing down-cycle hunting?

I want my Dunkie plush toy! smile.gif
moosegod
Give me a call at LTG #....

Hey, when the Big D shows up, I'm there.
Deep Blue
Catsnightmare: Cowboy Beebop rules smokin.gif

I'd be interested to see what they find out about that jar-baby when they crack it. I bet it's rubber, but who knows? It looks damn cool. I'd love to have that jar on my shelf smile.gif
leemur
It has an umbillical cord.

Which means it is probably a mammal, and means it definately didn't come from an egg.

Fortune
QUOTE (leemur)
It has an umbillical cord.

Which means it is probably a mammal, and means it definately didn't come from an egg.

Some ancient reptiles did give birth to live young.
lorg
It looks pretty cool thou.
Austere Emancipator
[Edit]I'm a moron.[/Edit]

It's definitely cool. Too bad it's quite easy to tell between human cells and rubber these days. And the DNA tests would seal the deal even if someone has gone through serious trouble to make it. "Hey, how come this dragon has equal parts lizard and rat cells?"
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (leemur)
it is probably a mammal

A NINJA-DRAGON!!!
I bet if they cloned a living dragon out of it, it would so flip out and kill people.
Deep Blue
Pirates beware!
crazyivans
Dragon!? Are you kidding me? It is a Fire-Lizard. Dont you guys read the Chronicles of Pern? Sheesh...
Moonstone Spider
What's so hard to believe about the fact that dragon legends may be based on the extraordinary creatures that once walked the earth?

Knight/Samurai/insert generic wannabe hero here rides his horse down a seldom travelled road and discovers that a recent washout has uncovered the skull of a dinosaur. He promptly has it mounted and tells all his buddies about how he vanguished a mighty beast which is eventually called a dragon. . .
Austere Emancipator
Oh, right, it referred to dinosaurs as "the extraordinary creatures". Okay, that's fine. That is certainly possible, and I have nothing against scientists thinking that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012