Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trans Latvian Enterprises?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SJE
So, Novatech was largely owned by the mysterious Trans Latvian Enterprises (from System Failure) - has there been any revelations as to who or what is behind TLE since?

Thx.

SJE
Ancient History
Got Vice?
Celt IMC
Doom is behind Trans Latverian Enterpri... oh, wait, nebbermind. blush.gif
Jaid
as ancient history implies, the answer to your question is yes.

as he also implies, the question that you probably meant to ask is (probably) answered in Vice wink.gif

in the interest of not spoiling it for anyone else, i'll add that
[ Spoiler ]
SJE
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jan 5 2010, 10:46 PM) *
Got Vice?

Nope, I'm waiting for the hardcopy. Is there an actual answer or more conjecture in there?

thx.

SJE
Ancient History
Mostly conjecture, some small modicum of actual information from a source you may or may not trust.
Chrysalis
QUOTE (Celt IMC @ Jan 6 2010, 12:02 AM) *
Doom is behind Trans Latverian Enterpri... oh, wait, nebbermind. blush.gif

That was my first reaction too! Oh wait, I am not allowed to make fun of Marvel. nyahnyah.gif
Sixgun_Sage
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Jan 5 2010, 06:20 PM) *
That was my first reaction too! Oh wait, I am not allowed to make fun of Marvel. nyahnyah.gif

It's ok, Ares is really just the newest iteration of Stark Enterprises.
Red_Cap
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jan 5 2010, 04:17 PM) *
Mostly conjecture, some small modicum of actual information from a source you may or may not trust.

I don't trust any of the shadowtalk. If its runners, they're criminals so you can't trust them. If its folks like Orange Queen or Laughing Man, then they have bigger agendas than my ex-fiancee and thus cannot be trusted.

QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Jan 5 2010, 05:20 PM) *

Only if you're making fun of Disney at the same time.

QUOTE (Sixgun_Sage @ Jan 5 2010, 05:31 PM) *
It's ok, Ares is really just the newest iteration of Stark Enterprises.

I can't wait to see the rules for the Iron Man suit then, although I don't think Damien Knight's going to be the one wearing it.
nezumi
For the record, Trans Latvian Enterprises sounds very much like the name a smart Russian capitalist (who happens to have Vory connections) would use to create a shell company to filter cash/resources/take advantage of regional laws/whatever through. Around 1990 Gazprom funds were shuffled through a little company called TER or something goofy and non-descript like that (Gazprom sold their pipes through... Lithuania? to the little company, then rented them back, paying out huge sums of cash to this tiny corp. The corporation was, on the books, about three or four people. It was a false front for some big wigs back in Moscow, who would filter large chunks back to the Vory to help support other capitalist endeavors.
Ophis
QUOTE (Red_Cap @ Jan 6 2010, 01:09 AM) *
I can't wait to see the rules for the Iron Man suit then, although I don't think Damien Knight's going to be the one wearing it.

Of course not that would be... ridiculous with his laundry list of character flaws. It's his bodyguard.
Red_Cap
QUOTE (Ophis @ Jan 6 2010, 05:13 PM) *
Of course not that would be... ridiculous with his laundry list of character flaws. It's his bodyguard.

biggrin.gif I like where your mind's at.
Sixgun_Sage
QUOTE (Red_Cap @ Jan 7 2010, 12:49 AM) *
biggrin.gif I like where your mind's at.

What about War Machine?
Ophis
QUOTE (Sixgun_Sage @ Jan 7 2010, 05:36 PM) *
What about War Machine?

Next time baby?

War machine is inately more Shadowrun as he has a Minigun.
Red_Cap
QUOTE (Sixgun_Sage @ Jan 7 2010, 10:36 AM) *
What about War Machine?

Nadja Daviar. She's got a voting seat on Ares' board due to her ownership of Gavilan Ventures. Other than that. . . Aurellius, maybe?
SJE
Oh that reminds me (Like I say, I was on a recent System Failure kick) - but whatever happened to Nadja Daviar? Kyle Haeffner got ganked (though I never heard who his replacement was or why the counter-coup killed him, or what had happened to the Secret Service- had they been outsourced?) but what happened to one of the most famous women in the world? And her Drake boyfriend?

Did the Draco Foundation ever replace her?

SJE
Chrysalis
Nadja has mysteriously disappeared and may have been someone else in disguise. Either which way, now the developers can keep both hands on the keyboard while typing.
Ancient History
Hah. That's what you think!
SJE
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jan 9 2010, 01:37 AM) *
Hah. That's what you think!

And what do you think instead AH?

Thx.

SJE
Ancient History
I reserve the right to write with however many appendages I choose.
Chrysalis
AH, you are a bird man, pecking away at the keyboard.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Red_Cap @ Jan 6 2010, 02:09 AM) *

I think some variant of military grade armor, with enhanced mobility and strength, integrated weapons (only problem is that the only available laser weapon is the welding laser, and its not a good weapon) and one heck of a comlink (may even house a AI).

if one wants warmachine, add a articulated arm with a minigun modded LMG.

the biggest problem is flight...
Jaid
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jan 12 2010, 11:27 AM) *
I think some variant of military grade armor, with enhanced mobility and strength, integrated weapons (only problem is that the only available laser weapon is the welding laser, and its not a good weapon) and one heck of a comlink (may even house a AI).

just staple it to the flying PMV...
Ophis
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jan 12 2010, 04:27 PM) *

Convince the ref to allow a non-cyber varient of the Vectored thrust cyber feet option.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Ophis @ Jan 13 2010, 01:20 AM) *
Convince the ref to allow a non-cyber varient of the Vectored thrust cyber feet option.

thats more like a hovercraft then a jet fighter tho.
Ophis
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jan 13 2010, 09:10 AM) *
thats more like a hovercraft then a jet fighter tho.

I know, but working with what's in the book it's the best we have.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012