Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello Everyone /wave
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nimsul
Hello everyone. I'm Nimsul, and I'm new to the Dumpshock forums.

I've been a pretty large fan of shadowrun since I first heard of it. I actually got into it after playing the Genesis and Super Nintendo games way back in the day, unaware that it was a tabletop RPG.

i started playing the tabletop in 3rd ed, and I've been looking to get into 4th ed now that the 20 year anniversary is out and some things have been fleshed out as far as I've been told. (glanced over 4e core book and was kind of disappointed)

I'm still an incredible newbie when it comes to 4th edition, and I have a ton of questions that may have been asked before. I'll see if I can find them in the archives.

Anyways, I hope to be an active member of this community and looking forward to meeting/talking to you all.

/wave
KCKitsune
Nimsul... Welcome to the forums! grinbig.gif
WalksWithWiFi
welcome to a good way to pass an hour while reading two people debate an argument on a ruling
;p

Joking aside..
welcome
i too found an introduction to SR through a video game-
the SNES version back in 1993
Snow_Fox
wavey.gif
Don't worry, once the dizziness stops you'll fit right in.
Draco18s
Mmm, fresh meat...

I mean....

Uh.

Welcome!

*Big draconic toothy grin*
Fezig
Still love those old RPGs. One of the guys in my group also was a big fan of the genesis version and we've thrown in a couple of jokes while running on occasion (you walk up to the man in the booth, his breath smells awful). Hope you find some answers wading through all the posts.
Flash
Welcome Nimsul!
MikeKozar
Good to have you, and remember:

In the unlikely event of a water landing, NERPS will act as a flotation device.
ravensmuse
Welcome to Dumpshock!
Nimsul
Thanks for the warm welcome you guys. I'm happy to be here. biggrin.gif

I was going through Barnes and Nobles looking at the RPG books and saw the cover for Arsenal and was sold again. All those memories and feelings from Shadowrun came back kicking me in the face and now I'm going through the 20th anniversary edition and I picked up arsenal as well as augmentation.

Anybody know where I can get a wallpaper for the Arsenal cover? Nothing has pushed my shadowrun buttons quite like it did.

Thanks again for the welcome /bowdown.

On a side note, have there been any defined rules for Two weapon fighting? I think i saw mention of it Arsenal if you take Martial arts in that you can attack with your main hand and declare a full defense with your offhand... Are there any defined rules outside of Martial Arts Maneuvers? I know in 3rd edition, dual wrist blades granted you Strength and a Half damage, something I thought was kind of cheesy.
Squinky
QUOTE (Nimsul @ Jan 18 2010, 11:17 PM) *
Thanks for the warm welcome you guys. I'm happy to be here. biggrin.gif

I was going through Barnes and Nobles looking at the RPG books and saw the cover for Arsenal and was sold again. All those memories and feelings from Shadowrun came back kicking me in the face and now I'm going through the 20th anniversary edition and I picked up arsenal as well as augmentation.

Anybody know where I can get a wallpaper for the Arsenal cover? Nothing has pushed my shadowrun buttons quite like it did.

Thanks again for the welcome /bowdown.

On a side note, have there been any defined rules for Two weapon fighting? I think i saw mention of it Arsenal if you take Martial arts in that you can attack with your main hand and declare a full defense with your offhand... Are there any defined rules outside of Martial Arts Maneuvers? I know in 3rd edition, dual wrist blades granted you Strength and a Half damage, something I thought was kind of cheesy.

There are some optional combat rules at the back of arsenal that will set you up nice.

BookWyrm
Welcome to the asylum, Nimsul. Your straightjacket will be ready on Thursday.
(But which Thursday, we're not telling you......)
Nimsul
QUOTE (Squinky @ Jan 18 2010, 10:19 PM) *
There are some optional combat rules at the back of arsenal that will set you up nice.

Thanks! I just spotted it. that clears up a lot.

And, not wanting to miss my straitjacket, I will be here EVERY thursday.
BookWyrm
I didn't say which Thursday. It may be Thursday somewhere in the world, but not necessarilly here.....
Stahlseele
Hallo und wilkommen an Bord.
Egal was du hier zu lesen bekommst, geniesse es lieber mit einem Salzbergwerk und nehm nichts zu ernst ^^
Tyro
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 26 2010, 10:53 AM) *
Hallo und wilkommen an Bord.
Egal was du hier zu lesen bekommst, geniesse es lieber mit einem Salzbergwerk und nehm nichts zu ernst ^^

Translation please? Only half the 'Shockers speak German, you know nyahnyah.gif
Stahlseele
Hello and welcome aboard.
No matter what you read here, take it with a salt mine and don't take anything too serious ^^
Ryu
Welcome Nimsul!

Stahlseele said something like "Welcome aboard! Take everything you read with a grain of salt salt mine and nothing of it too seriously."

I know the words he used in the last part, I´m certain that is what he wants to say.... wobble.gif
Stahlseele
Pretty good!
KarmaInferno
Hi!

Be sure to wave to the nice government men!

We generate so many red flag keywords in our conversations they probably filter us out by now, though.

Or we're on indefinite watch under the heading, "Slightly Wacky, Not Really Threatening".

(Decided that that was better than a random joke)
Draco18s
QUOTE (ravensmuse @ Jan 26 2010, 03:27 PM) *
Or we're on indefinite watch under the heading, "Slightly Wacky, Not Really Threatening".

No, you did it wrong. We fall under "Mostly Harmless."
Acidsaliva
Well I suppose I'll announce myself here too.

Hi and Hello to all the good Dumpshockers (Dumpshock-ians ?) out there. Long time guest reader, just starting to post now.

Recently found some of the SR4 core books and devoured them. Still as yet have yet to play a game but am working very hard to getting others interested and getting a game going.
Have lots of questions but you guys have already shown yourselves to be more than happy to help out, which is awesome.

So what do you guys do for fun around here grinbig.gif ?
Draco18s
QUOTE (Acidsaliva @ Jan 26 2010, 06:17 PM) *

Bicker, argue, and debate the rules.
Stahlseele
From time to time we dig up some old classics.
Does improved invisibility really bend the light around something?
So if it's bent around someone, will he freeze to death and be blind?
Also, of course, a long time favourite: SR3 VS SR4. Much agony ^^
lordnth
QUOTE (Acidsaliva @ Jan 26 2010, 06:17 PM) *

Read on better way to kill my PCs

Thanks to all the devious minds at DS!!
EuroShadow
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 27 2010, 01:55 AM) *

By the way, I have actual question on similar topic:

It is said that manifested magician will appear as ghost to other metahuman, but will not appear on cameras.

But can metahuman with cybereyes see him? And if yes what about recording unit in cybereyes - can it record the ghost?
Tycho
Welcome
cya
Tycho
Stahlseele
Ack, allways with the complicated stuff . . .
You can see him with your cybereyes, because you paid for them with essence and they are now a part of you and your body. Even though your aura does not reflect this, instead showing two dark, gaping holes where your eyes should be seen on the astral too . .
But no, you can NOT record him. Because in that instance, it's not you seeing him, but the camera being an electronic device and the storage being digital data too.
But there's this mana-sensitive camera, with that you could catch him on film.
ravensmuse
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 26 2010, 06:55 PM) *

Dragons suck!
Immortal Elves suck!
Ghostwalker could never tackle Denver all by himself! GMPC!
Technomancers suck!
Emergence sucks!
Give us more plot!
Give us less plot!
Balance this stupid game!

There, that should cover the rest of the classics.
Draco18s
QUOTE (ravensmuse @ Jan 28 2010, 08:56 PM) *
Dragons suck!
Immortal Elves suck!
Ghostwalker could never tackle Denver all by himself! GMPC!
Technomancers suck!
Emergence sucks!
Give us more plot!
Give us less plot!
Balance this stupid game!

Kill more metaplot characters
Kill less metaplot characters
Less metaplot
More metaplot
Ghostwalker is Big D/Big D's Brother/Father/Sister/Second Cousin
Hardened Armor makes no sense
Magic make no sense
Vehicle combat makes even less sense
The Matrix sucks
The Matrix rules suck
The wireless matrix is a pain/sucks/is unbalanced/makes no sense

Any more?
ColdEquation
Hello!

As you can see by my post count, I'm kind of new here, too. But this place has been cool so far.
Stahlseele
We're kinda like the roman colliseum i guess . . bloody fools who are amusing while ripping into each other O.o
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012