Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun Matrix Dice
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
rafebelmont
Hi, i searched a little on the web and found about this dice set, which look like the old dice manufactured by FASA a long time ago. So i went to BattleShop.com and couldn't seen to find it anywhere on the site, i've already emailed Catalyst about this, but didn't receive an answer. So i ask here, where can i find this new dice set? Thanks in advance.

P.S - Sorry about the English, i'm Brazilian...
Stahlseele
only used on ebay if you're lucky, else try crawling through every last single game shop in your vincinity.
and conventions. no dice otherwise.
Adam
The Matrix Dice we released last year, along with the Ares Dice, are out of stock at the moment.
Orcus Blackweather
Shrug, take normal dice color in 2, 3, and 4 in the same color as the die, then make 1 one color and 5's and 6's a different color. Voila, you have shadowrun dice.
BishopMcQ
I saw some players with them at GenCon last year, but by the time I made it to the dealer room, they were sold out. Obviously, this is a lesson, go to the dealer room first and skip GMing the first session of the con.
Mr. Unpronounceable
QUOTE (Orcus Blackweather @ Jan 19 2010, 06:42 PM) *
Shrug, take normal dice color in 2, 3, and 4 in the same color as the die, then make 1 one color and 5's and 6's a different color. Voila, you have shadowrun dice.

You need to make the 2s yet a different color as well - for the "rushing it" extended tests that treat 2s as 1s.
So, something like 1 = red, 2 = yellow, 5&6 = green, rest white.
Wesley Street
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Jan 19 2010, 01:47 PM) *
I saw some players with them at GenCon last year, but by the time I made it to the dealer room, they were sold out. Obviously, this is a lesson, go to the dealer room first and skip GMing the first session of the con.

I learned that lesson after failing to purchase a much-desired Shadowrun hoodie. frown.gif
ravensmuse
Man, that was the one thing I wanted too, besides SR4A. Shadowrun dice, that is. I was begging people on twitter to nab 'em for me.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Mr. Unpronounceable @ Jan 19 2010, 12:19 PM) *
You need to make the 2s yet a different color as well - for the "rushing it" extended tests that treat 2s as 1s.

Speaking of "Rushing It" where exactly are those rules... I am not able to find them, though I vaguely remember reading them...

Keep the Faith

EDIT: Never Mind... I finally found them... always in the last place you think to look...
BookWyrm
Found the picture of the Matrix dice, is there a picture of the Ares dice?
Dragnar
QUOTE (Mr. Unpronounceable @ Jan 19 2010, 08:19 PM) *

If you color the 2s differently, you'll have to color the 6s in another color as well. If you're using edge, rolling a 5 or a 6 is different.
Aerospider
QUOTE (Dragnar @ Jan 20 2010, 01:17 PM) *
If you color the 2s differently, you'll have to color the 6s in another color as well. If you're using edge, rolling a 5 or a 6 is different.

Now we just need two more distinctions to bring 3 and 4 into play! wobble.gif
rafebelmont
Does Catalyst have any prevision to when the dice are going to be back in stock?
Wesley Street
QUOTE (BookWyrm @ Jan 19 2010, 10:28 PM) *
Found the picture of the Matrix dice, is there a picture of the Ares dice?

Can you hack your way past Black IC to nab it? A friend of a friend said it's on the same server as Shadows of Latin America, Nigel Findley's notes on the Immortal Elf/Great Dragon/Chocolate Golem conspiracy, and the layout specs for a mass-market NERPS box.
Tiger Eyes
We are hoping to have oodles of them -- in pink!* -- for the summer convention season (and if the stars line up right also for sale online).

* I'm really kidding about the pink. Purple is still viable though.
Stahlseele
What about plans of supplying german FLGS's with hoodies and dice? ;_;
And where the heck were you all this time? You barely post anymore *g*
MJBurrage
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Jan 20 2010, 03:21 PM) *
We are hoping to have oodles of them -- in pink!* -- for the summer convention season (and if the stars line up right also for sale online).

The "Matrix" dice look to be blue ink on clear plastic in the image, and I recall a mention of the "Ares" dice being red (ink or plastic?).

So is each batch produced in a different color, with a cute name to match ?

Will the past colors be restocked?

Consider this a request for any colors to be available online, as getting to the big cons is all but impossible for me.
Adam
We're certainly going to aim to have a larger stock of dice in 2010 -- in 2009, they were a bit of experiment. I think it's safe to say that they were a success, so now, onwards and upwards. wink.gif
Stahlseele
more importantly: germanywards ^^
ravensmuse
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Jan 20 2010, 03:21 PM) *

All honesty, you've got a sale if you do pink dice. The girlfriend would love them.
Grinder
Yup, same here.
ravensmuse
Adding, I told my girl about the offer of pink dice and she said that we'd probably end up buying two sets.

Just so you know..
Adam
Now subtract the number of sets that are going to "mysteriously disappear" into Jennifer's dice bag, and we are at about -392 sales ... wink.gif
rafebelmont
Good to know that the dices are coming up in 2010, i'm looking forward to get one of these dice sets...
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (Adam @ Jan 20 2010, 08:32 PM) *
Now subtract the number of sets that are going to "mysteriously disappear" into Jennifer's dice bag, and we are at about -392 sales ... wink.gif

Hey, I need to make up for the pretty Ares dice that I got at GenCon, that ended up at Goodwill in Anchorage, AK. mad.gif

And, hey, the more people who vote for Pink Dice, the higher the chance I can convince TPTB that there's a (admittedly small) market and get some printed! biggrin.gif
kanislatrans
I would buy any color dice as long as they roll better than the 150 that I already have....last game rolled 17 dice,no hits , spent edge to reroll failures...still no hits.... I am starting to think that if I had a bunch with just 5's and 6's on them I would still roll crappy... grinbig.gif grinbig.gif
ravensmuse
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Jan 22 2010, 12:38 AM) *
Hey, I need to make up for the pretty Ares dice that I got at GenCon, that ended up at Goodwill in Anchorage, AK. mad.gif

And, hey, the more people who vote for Pink Dice, the higher the chance I can convince TPTB that there's a (admittedly small) market and get some printed! biggrin.gif

Would you say that this is an endorsement then? biggrin.gif
Freejack
You can certainly assure TPTB that there is a _small_ market in dice biggrin.gif

http://www.shadowrun.us/20091123/dscn1316x800.jpg

Carl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012